It is easy to tell that this game was made in Quebec

I found it hilarious, and laughed my ass off playing this game. This game is such a quebec stereotype (which is true I find). Notice how pretty much everyone is always smoking cigarettes always? hahaha, that is pure quebec.

It is really funny to stand there and just watch the NPC's smoke pack after pack of cigarettes in a row. Very funny stuff.

Edited by Skid Row Trash

I found it hilarious, and laughed my ass off playing this game. This game is such a quebec stereotype (which is true I find). Notice how pretty much everyone is always smoking cigarettes always? hahaha, that is pure quebec.

It is really funny to stand there and just watch the NPC's smoke pack after pack of cigarettes in a row. Very funny stuff.

Most bad guys/enemies smoke to make them look more "Badass". Although, that is a Quebec stereotype, it doesn't mean it is made in Quebec just because the enemies smoke.

I haven't seen many people smoking (not that I have been looking) But I wouldn't say that seeing people smoking is Quebec thing. You also see a lot of smoking in Japanese Movies/Manga. Of course I see this as more of a lack of Political Correctness Censorship BS.

For example, I have noticed this:

I purchased the Augmented Edition, and on the folder that holds the DVD's is a Picture of Adam slouching on a couch, with a couple of bandages, a glass of alcohol in one hand, and a smoke in the other.

This image is also used as one of the loading screens in the game, but the cigarette has been removed. Other than some PC BS fear that seeing the main character smoking will incourage others to smoke, why would the cigarette have been removed?

Edited by SpinelesS

I think all of the cigarette smoking contributes to the decaying societial & dark themes prevalent in Deus Ex, kind of like how everyone smoked in Blade Runner too. I'm sure it was a design choice that has little to do with the game being developed in Quebec. Strictly my opinion/observation -- don't wish to offend anyone who smokes.

I'll admit it is funny though watching a guard fire one up during every patrol cycle -- they must smoke a pack an hour LOL.