Oversized Wristband in Sapran (possible spoiler)

Zogias

In working towards the Compulsive achievement, I am being extremely careful so that I can avoid missing any item that can't be gained later. While doing my research, I saw that there is an item called an "Oversized Wristband" that supposedly drops off of Hill Gigas while breaking the crystals in Sapran. That's where I'm at, now...

I must have saved Sapran 25 times, which means I've killed 75 gigas, and I've not seen ONE of the wristbands drop. Am I doing something wrong, am I in the wrong spot, am I having just ridiculously bad luck, or are they that rare?

Finally got it, and I'm convinced it's not only a very rare drop, but that I was having terrible luck. Thanks for the responses, and to anyone else out there having trouble getting this, just stick with it. It WILL drop eventually.

I'm going for the same achievement right now. Just follow whatever walkthrough you are using very carefully for all sidequests and character interactions. You get some free stuff that way. Many enemies along the way drop some stuff you will need but can't buy forever if at all. Just remember to stock up on all sorts of items and have multiple save games. Those online vouchers saved me a lot of time farming items. Too bad I had already beat the game once.... better late than never.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you want to do aerial combos just parry regular moves and do cutting gavotte, providing that your AP bar is high enough (I think it's the AP bar, anyway).

Not sure if that actually increases drop rate though, I've reloaded 12 times atm and no wristband, even on infinity. =(

• 3 months later...

Not only is this item missable, and you get 3 mobs in the game from which to try getting it from, but it also synths into an item for Gustav. What's a completionist to do ? After 15-20 tries I finally got 2 of them to drop from the three Hill Gigas (there's one other Hill Gigas in the game related to a Nolaan quest, but his drop is set, an axe for Balbagan) so I could keep one, and craft the second into the Dragon Armband. You don't need two Oversized's for the Compulsive achievement, but you do have to craft at least one into a Dragon. Both of these accessories are only wearable by Gustav btw. Damned bear ><

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I normally have horrible luck with games, but I guess I got lucky in this sense. I killed the Gigas' and got a Wristband, and after reading how rare it is to drop I was buzzing. Then I died to the boss guarding the chain, got majorly pissed off that I'd have to do it again and I wouldn't get another wristband.

So, as backup, I did a little grinding to get my level up, and then retook Sapran. Then, out of the three Gigas' on my second try, I got TWO wristbands. Was over the moon :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...