Darksiders 2 Walkthrough / Collectibles / Sidequests

Tyger7

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Tyger mate, now I can carry on without having to worry about "running out" of guide.

On a side note: Anyone know how many Boatman coins there are?

There are 100 Boatman coins. There isn't an achievement related to collecting them all.

Also, Tyger notes that he thinks he may have missed one in his walkthrough.

Thank you so much for this guide, it is awesome. I actually was persuaded to join up with 360achievements because of this guide and now I am here to stay. It is much appreciated by me, thank you :)

You will not be disappointed using this site. Great content all around so welcome to the site!

This guide lists everything in the game now, except of the final boss fight. But well done. Thank you very much! You helped me a lot on my 5-days-Darksiders2-trip :woop:

And thank you very much for the fast updating. I was kinda nervous when I reached the guides "end"

I will finish tweaking things and add final fight. I was rushed last niggt so i did a quick wrap up. :)

Great work Tyger mate, now I can carry on without having to worry about "running out" of guide.

On a side note: Anyone know how many Boatman coins there are?

Yep one missing coin. To get elite gear it costs 8 coins so you can miss up to 4...imo still worthless ;)

Guide is amazing Tyger, a real credit to you.

Only thing I found missing was the Lost & Found 1,2,3 sidequest. But these 3 items are so easy to find and are all on the main routes.

Also this section threw me a little lol. But it's just a simple typo:

Boatman Coin

There is supposed to be a Boatman Coin found when smashing the breakables below deck, but I don't personally remember seeing any.

Stone of Resistance 2/10

Down the stairs below deck, there is a Tomb. To the right on a support beam is the stone.

Talk to the guys upstairs. Now you will talk to the door stop ghost.

Main Quest - The Troll of the Kings

I could not find the Boatman either, but there is a "Tome" below deck, not Tomb as such, I was looking for a door, or something, and couldn't spot the stonebite, so I would edit that too say to the right of the Tome.

Edited by Evo Kazz

Only thing I found missing was the Lost & Found 1,2,3 sidequest. But these 3 items are so easy to find and are all on the main routes.

Isn't that quest apart of the Death Rides pack, along with helping Oran with the makers chronicle?

Edited by dark wing

ABOUT NEW GAME+

Sidequests nor collectibles related to them will show up in your New Game+. You will get all your gear, money, trained abilities, and Boatman coins.

Does this mean that I have to collect everything on the first playthrough? I missed a few things and really don't want to have to backtrack through various dungeons to find these things. So, can I just do all the sidequests (by following this guide carefully) on my New Game +?

Does this mean that I have to collect everything on the first playthrough? I missed a few things and really don't want to have to backtrack through various dungeons to find these things. So, can I just do all the sidequests (by following this guide carefully) on my New Game +?

You must complete all side quests in one playthrough they will not carry over. If you start a new game + you will have to do it all over again. The only thing you don't need to worry about collectible wise is boatman coins and soul arbiter scrolls.

You must complete all side quests in one playthrough they will not carry over. If you start a new game + you will have to do it all over again. The only thing you don't need to worry about collectible wise is boatman coins and soul arbiter scrolls.

Okay, thanks. I read your description as collectibles don't appear at all in a new game +, which is what got me worried.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but whatever happened to you stickying my achievement guide for Generator Rex?

Edited by John Januarius

The boat coin you missed is to the left of the entrance to sentials'sgaze in the maw behind some corruption.

Thank you, I am making another run through of the game and will grab it and put the description in. Appreciate that you found it!

Okay, thanks. I read your description as collectibles don't appear at all in a new game +, which is what got me worried.

Also, this is completely unrelated, but whatever happened to you stickying my achievement guide for Generator Rex?

Done now, sorry.

I ask first of all sorry if i'm writing in the wrong section, but i have a big problem: in the dungeon of "The Scar" where you complete the Secondary Quest "Spark Light, there should be two guards that help you through puzzles. Well, the guard that i should bring in the left of the map is gone... Literally.

Unfortunately I still have a page in the book of death from having to recover... What can I do? Apart pick up the game and break it in two, of course... XD

Hi Tyger7,

I want to thank you for the great guide - it saved me a ton of time and trouble.

And I also want to let you know that I have written up a "collection" of sorts containing a lot of other Darksiders 2 info. It is contained in a single post on the game's official forums:

http://community.darksiders.com/go/thread/view/138731/29400559/All_you_wanted_to_know_about_Darksiders_2_but_didnt_have_the_time_to_find...

I point to your walkthrough (and also to the Crucible guide on this site), but I thought you might want to take a look and sticky it here as well, if you think it would be helpful to others. Please also let me know if you have anything to add :)