Javelin Glitch

What's wrong with you and everybody else like him in this thread?

Suddenly people think it's ok to -GLITCH- in online play to counter campers [which IS a legitimate way to play] and 'for fun'?

And by the way, no, this is in no way 'cool' or fun because the fags that WILL use this glitch will use it to unfairly win and to piss other people off. I saw it today actually and came to the forums to see if there was talk about it. It was Headquarters on Invasion, there was no camping going on from either team but one team had two homos using it.

Now you picture Invasion on Headquarters [ a map that the majority of the HQ locations are inside small buildings ] and two fags using this glitch..oh yeah thats oodles of fun. All game was just constant triple and multikills from those two. And it's funny because it was an even game for like 5 minutes..good action, no camping. THEN they started it and the irony is..THAT'S when some small camping started. We eventually lost simply because of those two. They kept running into the HQ and killing everybody so much that the time just ran out while we were behind.

To the people that think it's cool and fun to completely ruin an actually fun match for your own entertainment is the sole definition of many words, fag and cheater included.

/biasstatementstart I guess I forgot the majority of Halo fags this game most likely attracted /biasstatementend.

-eX

Come on, this is a game. Are you people crying if you lose a match, does it really mean this much for you? I hope you're not thinking that in real life war I'd also run around with Javelin trying to blow myself up. Camping and tubing being in game are no excuse. Sure, you can say that using some modded controllers or any other stuff like this is bad, is cheating and all. Glitches are in game, just as camping tactic or tubing. You should rather cry to IW not to bring them into the game. I know that if I do the Jav Glitch I might have fun but the enemy not. But when some dumb jerk is camping or tubing me, how this is different? It is me who's not having fun then. You can't please everyone. I know, getting under map like in WaW could have been very annoying, because it wasn't counterable, but you can simply counter the Javeling glitch by killing the person using it from a distance or simply not doing anything. Just as the glitch can counter a camper.

One more thing, eX: why are you writing in green?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh ok sorry to seem retarted but im only XIV and if that happened my mam would kill me i suppose the bank security is good thx 4 the help a mod can remove my thread or whatever now im calmed down the guy was

iAmScottish OK

thx atroxx70 nd epicgamertag

Dont worry. If by some miracle he does hack you, you will be reimburssed, he will be caught and sent to pound town for a long time. Then you can laugh while he gets reemed by 7 foot black named Lucy.

It's fun to kill with the Javelin though (using the legit way), just aim on the area you think the enemy's are and shoot, run and see +100 pop-up 5-10 seconds later. : D That's a funny feeling. Also, I was aiming on a Chopper gunner and it flew away JUST when my javelin was about to hit, so it continued its way down and killed 4 people, I was pretty amazed. xD

Well im going to be the guy to explain how its done, I have not done it before. But i was watching one of them people playing Live today doing it and i asked. What it is..

They take it out Then have that sticky grenade, they go to chuck the grenade while holding it they switch back to the Javalian, and then as soon as they get killed the javalian goes off and drops on the floor setting off the explosion meaning anyone near you, Only downside is you can only use your knife. Its like when you drop a grenade when you die perk, But its like you scatter say 5 grenades arround you that all explode as soon as you die. So when you die you normaly get a 150xp pay back kill.

I've not been on and tried it yet, it seemed like an asshole thing to do.

Seriously, I know everyone is all in a roar about how annoying this is. I haven't seen it, or done it myself, but I am picturing it and how funny it would be the first time. After that I can see it being very frustrating and old, and no need to keep bitching about it thread after thread! Just deal with it, and wait for patch. K, thnx.

I am going to spell things out in a very concise manner for everyone. There is a lot of bitching going on about various things in the game. The first thing you have to do is separate poor play from cheating.

Poor Play: M16's, Famas's, noob tubes, camping, playing objective game types but not actually trying for the objectives, etc. Yes they are all legit and in the game on purpose, but does anyone who actually uses any of the above mentioned things think it takes skill to do? If you do you are kidding yourself. I bitch about these tactics, but know that they at least are legit. I would try and get people to stop using these tactics but know that more than likely it won't happen because 9 times out of 10 they would then suck at the game.

Cheating: Modded controllers, taking advantage of glitches, lag switches, etc. Now these are things that were not meant to be in the game and using them means you are cheating and lessening the experience of others in the process. Why would you want to ruing others experience just so you can show you know how to cheat and have a laugh? This is called being immature and sadly describes a fair amount of people playing the game. Do these things in private matches where it doesn't destroy others fun of the game.

I don't care what your thoughts are on the subject you have to admit it is cheap and very immature to use the javelin glitch. It's not how the weapon was supposed to work. Scorn me if you will, but you have to admit I am correct.

Poor Play: M16's, Famas's

how is using these gun's poor? is it coz you die alot by them and i shit at using them? 1 bursting someone is harder then shooting 30 bullets around there body until the last 5 hit.

edit: if u want i can use other guns. We could have a 1v1 and i could kill u with every gun before u kill me

Come on, this is a game. Are you people crying if you lose a match, does it really mean this much for you? I hope you're not thinking that in real life war I'd also run around with Javelin trying to blow myself up. Camping and tubing being in game are no excuse. Sure, you can say that using some modded controllers or any other stuff like this is bad, is cheating and all. Glitches are in game, just as camping tactic or tubing. You should rather cry to IW not to bring them into the game. I know that if I do the Jav Glitch I might have fun but the enemy not. But when some dumb jerk is camping or tubing me, how this is different? It is me who's not having fun then. You can't please everyone. I know, getting under map like in WaW could have been very annoying, because it wasn't counterable, but you can simply counter the Javeling glitch by killing the person using it from a distance or simply not doing anything. Just as the glitch can counter a camper.

People are crying about it because it's the dumbest way to get kills and takes any fun out of the game whatsoever. How much fun is it to be trying to play HQ and you can't even get near the damn thing because their whole team just runs around with the Javelin getting cheap kills? I had this happen for probably four straight hours last night no matter how many games I joined. It's especially bad in objective based games. So if that's what you really like to play and all you like to play then this is pretty much a game wrecking glitch!

Camping is totally different. At least you can deal with campers. You can camp if you want, and camping is a realistic part of war. People aren't always running around in war non-stop. So camping really happens, is realistic, and is something you have to deal with. However, what is not realistic is people running around with the Javelin suicide bombing everyone. The bottom line is, the game is meant to be fun, and playing against a whole team of people who won't use anything other than the Javelin to do suicide bombings and get cheap kills and ruin any sort of objective based play is not fun and makes the game worthless to play.

It might not be so bad if you could do something about it. But, I killed several people with the Javelin last night and I wasn't even near them, I'm talking like, over 100 feet away and their missile would still kill me! That's not even cool. If there was a way to avoid it, i probably wouldn't care so much. But, every guy I shot last night, no matter how far away I was would kill me.

I just want to touch on a few points you've brought up. As you pointed out in bold, this is a game. A game, that I spent money on. A game, that I want to come home and play after being at class for nine hours or dealing with customers on the best buy floor. However, this glitch makes this game impossible to be played the way it was intended.

There is a huge deal between tubers and campers when you compare them to this glitch. First of all, this glitch isn't intended like so many believe. It is a bug in the game code where you're constantly allowed to cook a grenade and have it be in the form of a javelin missile when you die. This isn't an Easter Egg that Infinity Ward put into the game with the intention of keeping it in. Personally, I will blame the fact that the company was so high and mighty on themselves that they didn't take the time to put out a couple maps and the guns out so we could have an open beta. On that note, Robert Bowling has expressed that this is a non intended bug and it will be fixed in an update. However, the release date of this update is up in the air. As I stated previously, Infinity Ward doesn't have an excellent track record with releasing updates or DLC on consoles in a timely fashion as opposed to Treyarch, developers of last year's World at War.

Second of all, regarding tubers and campers: both are a valid strategy that can be countered. I don't get hit with Grenade Launchers because I'm constantly mobile when I know the other team is heavy with them. As for campers, campers are nothing new. In every first person shooter, you'll find campers. In Call of Duty 4 or World at War, you'll find campers. The reason it's a bigger deal in this game is because they upped the damage that every gun can do to make it a little more difficult and a little more realistic. Therefore, it's a little bit harder to turn around and kill someone hiding in a corner after they shoot you. But like all campers, they'll stay where they are and you'll have a chance to go back for them. Modern Warfare 2 even rewards you with experience to do so, it's called Payback.

Javelins weren't intended to do this, and there really is no counter to it. The javelins were meant for vehicle lock ons and ground lock ons. With land lock ons, there is a huge time delay before it hits the ground after it's shot. This allows players to get out of the way in time. It produces a huge area of effect with a high damage that can just tear groups of people up, especially in objective type games and ground war. I urge everyone in this fine community not to use it in the interest of not disrupting people's game play and the encouragement of getting more people to use it for these reasons.

i will do this ONLY....when people resort to camping., :p

To you and all those people who say it's okay to do this to people camping.

There is already ways intentionally built into the game mechanics to deal with camping players. For example use a secondary grenade(flash, stun, smoke) to disable them and kill them. Easy. Also, if you really want to suicide while while killing them. Take a frag grenade, cook it, and run in there and suicide. This is a legitimate way to suicide and get kills.

When you can use a javelin and I can shoot you from 50+ ft away and it kills my two teammates nearest to you and me who is well out of range of what a normal javelin explosion would be you are flat out cheating. It is simple. It is cheating. I am reporting everybody I see doing it, not leaving feedback, but filing a complaint, and I urge you all to do the same. I hope all you skilless idiots doing this get banned.

how about i just smack u in a 1v1 then u will beg to be on my friends list.

scrub

We could have a 1v1 and i could kill u with every gun before u kill me

Do you ever read the comments you make and think... "I sure act like a fuckin idiot"

If not...you are not reading enough of your own posts

Edited by Gackt

I write in green because I can, does it bother you? Good.

Second, do you seriously believe the garbage you spew out of your mouth? Ignoring the typical 'this is a game' nonsense because it is redundant to mention that in about 15 different ways, the whole " I'm gonna annoy these campers by glitching " is the definition of the word I used in the post I don't even think you read entirely..it was...oh yeah, fag.

Or to be politically correct, a cheater. "Glitches are in games just as camping and tubing" You really had me rolling with this one, you mean glitches...you know, the stuff they end up patching and removing from the game is the SAME as a viable and legit form of gameplay? Holy shit I cannot understand how I've never seen it that way. And to actually answer that retarded question, " if some dumb jerk is camping me..how is it different?"

It's different like this, he is using an intended form of gameplay that is used across every single game with a gun involved while you are going of out your way to counter it with an illegitimate form of gameplay

I'll keep that in mind so the next time someone is kicking my ass I'll just hit the standby button and it will be totally justified because he was annoying me. In all honesty I've always thought cheaters had a different mindset then us legit players...and I'll be damned if that post doesn't prove it.

Look, you want to counter campers and tubers? Get good at the game, seriously. I say that with no insult intended, you'd be amazed how nonexistant camping is to an actual good player.

-eX

Edited by eXodusOnFiRe

Well thankfully fourzerotwo said on his twitter they are working on patching the Javelin glitch...so hopefully we will soon see an end to that.

Yeah, people also say they don't work on patches quick but I think on a big sequel like this and with a glitch that's running as rampant as this one they will fix it fast. Comparing it to something like modded controllers which is something not everybody can readily get their hands on where as with this anybody can do it from the get go..it's easy to expect them to get this patched up quickly.

Actual confirmation is good..glad to know I can go back to HQ peacefully soon..until the next asshat finds a new glitch to annoy everybody with.

-eX