Easy Hardcore Achievement

Saber0307

Personally, I found playing Hardcore substantially more difficult than Old School (which I find ironic, since the achievement for Old School is of a higher point value). If you don't WANT to go through both Hardcore AND Old School, then here's what you do:

Play through the game on Old School. Upon destroying Victor Branco's plane (and ending the game / triggering the final cinematic), you will be awarded with the Achievement for Old School. Once that pops up, press the guide button and quit to the Dashboard. Boot the game back up and select Continue from the Main Menu. You'll be right at the moment where you have to destroy Victor's plane. Once you're loaded in, Pause the game and drop the difficulty down to Hardcore. Destroy the game and blam, you've unlocked the achievement for beating the game on Hardcore.

Update: And doing this will unlock BOTH the One Hit Kill cheat and the Max Payne Advanced skin.

Edited by Saber0307

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old school is actually medium difficulty but without last stand. However, weather your method works or not, i played all playthrough's and not once i felt it being tiresome. Had fun and still enjoying the game since i bought it.

Good for the people who just want the cheevos and be done with it. (If it works)

I changed it to Old School and it said changing to a lower difficulty will stop you from earning achievements related to that difficulty. It didn't work. =(

Yes, it does give you that message. However, it locks any achievements related to Old School. It will unlock Hardcore.

IT WORKS! I can confirm it works!

Just beat it on Old School, get the achievement for it, dashboard, go back in, switch to Hardcore (will say you don't get anything), and destroy the plane again and DONE!

Chapter select does NOT work though.

Saved yourself the hassle of that impossible playthrough and possible broken controllers!

Thank you so much for posting this Saber, you're my f'ing hero.

Just beat it on Old School, get the achievement for it, dashboard, go back in, switch to Hardcore (will say you don't get anything), and destroy the plane again and DONE!

Saved yourself the hassle of that impossible playthrough and possible broken controllers!

Oh my you I've could of saved myself all that trouble :eek: as I am currently on Hardcore playtrough on chapter 14( and it is pissing the hell out of me ) Dam Dam dam !!!

Personally, I found playing Hardcore substantially more difficult than Old School (which I find ironic, since the achievement for Old School is of a higher point value). If you don't WANT to go through both Hardcore AND Old School, then here's what you do:

Play through the game on Old School. Upon destroying Victor Branco's plane (and ending the game / triggering the final cinematic), you will be awarded with the Achievement for Old School. Once that pops up, press the guide button and quit to the Dashboard. Boot the game back up and select Continue from the Main Menu. You'll be right at the moment where you have to destroy Victor's plane. Once you're loaded in, Pause the game and drop the difficulty down to Hardcore. Destroy the game and blam, you've unlocked the achievement for beating the game on Hardcore.

Update: And doing this will unlock BOTH the One Hit Kill cheat and the Max Payne Advanced skin.

I want to say a huge thanks for posting your Method Saber0307.

It's really useful Info for everyone, this Thread should automatically be made into a Sticky.

:woop:

Thanks for confirming that it worked for you too Nevander, I just hope that Rockstar don't Patch this exploit with an Update before I finish my Old School Playthrough.

Old school is actually medium difficulty but without last stand. However, weather your method works or not, i played all playthrough's and not once i felt it being tiresome. Had fun and still enjoying the game since i bought it.

Good for the people who just want the cheevos and be done with it. (If it works)

Its hard not medium.

I finished old school they other day! Bitch! lol i dont mind going through it again tho.

I want to say a huge thanks for posting your Method Saber0307.

It's really useful Info for everyone, this Thread should automatically be made into a Sticky.

:woop:

Thanks for confirming that it worked for you too Nevander, I just hope that Rockstar don't Patch this exploit with an Update before I finish my Old School Playthrough.

If they do patch it just delete the update and play offline, it'll still unlock then