Easy Hardcore Achievement

Saber0307

this worked a beast thanks alot for finding the discovery lol i have played through it 3 times now 1 of them being void as i turned on hard lock at end of first hard playthrough not knowing that that whould void my entire playthrough so done it again on hard then old skool used this glitch because i still have to do nym and nymhc not looking forward to those :/ again thanks alot :D

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I found playing Hardcore substantially more difficult than Old School (which I find ironic, since the achievement for Old School is of a higher point value). If you don't WANT to go through both Hardcore AND Old School, then here's what you do:

Play through the game on Old School. Upon destroying Victor Branco's plane (and ending the game / triggering the final cinematic), you will be awarded with the Achievement for Old School. Once that pops up, press the guide button and quit to the Dashboard. Boot the game back up and select Continue from the Main Menu. You'll be right at the moment where you have to destroy Victor's plane. Once you're loaded in, Pause the game and drop the difficulty down to Hardcore. Destroy the game and blam, you've unlocked the achievement for beating the game on Hardcore.

Update: And doing this will unlock BOTH the One Hit Kill cheat and the Max Payne Advanced skin.

Hi, I tried doing this as I played through on hard and it didn't work but this is not the problem. The problem is, when I pressed the Xbox button the first time it took me into the achievment and I wasn't able to dashboard, but I then pressed the second time and I was able to dashboard. Is this how you're supposed to do it or am I missing something?

Hi, I tried doing this as I played through on hard and it didn't work but this is not the problem. The problem is, when I pressed the Xbox button the first time it took me into the achievment and I wasn't able to dashboard, but I then pressed the second time and I was able to dashboard. Is this how you're supposed to do it or am I missing something?

That is exactly what happened to me. But it popped after I really did dashboard the second time. The first time it does pasue the game.

Some achievement hunters, like myself, do have lives outside of video games and still like to 100% games. Why should I have to play through this game five times, when I could do this glitch and save myself a playthrough? I don't see how that makes me lazy in any way.

since you're an achievement hunter you should be able to understand this (and im not trying to argue or fight, im just answering the question that you presented out of no where)

its lazy because, if the glitch wasnt present, the only way you would be able to get this achievement is by playing through it on Hardcore. But knowing that there is a glitch that will save you time and frustration you'll use it which would classify you as Smart or Lazy depending on the gamer. its like you want the achievement, but you dont want to work for it.

Me, i think its smart and lazy.. i would've used the glitch if it were known before i had already beat it on hardcore.

Lazy is a relative term and as you are already sinking over a 100+ hours into this game to get the full 1,000 :gsicon: , I hardly consider saving yourself 8 hours, lazy in any way...but regardless of what you want to call it, I spent my own money on this game, so as long as it doesn't affect other players, I'm going to play it how I want, without grief from others.

Pretty kewl..

I decided to start my Old School play through tonight (everyone says its easier than hardcore).. and so far im on chapter 5 with overall ease and hardly any rage.. either Hard playthrough trained me some or Old School is a bit easier than Hard/Hardcore..

Depending on how my Grinds are after i get to the end of Old School will probably determine if i use this tip or not.. although i probably will =]

Thanks!

Pretty kewl..

I decided to start my Old School play through tonight (everyone says its easier than hardcore).. and so far im on chapter 5 with overall ease and hardly any rage.. either Hard playthrough trained me some or Old School is a bit easier than Hard/Hardcore..

Depending on how my Grinds are after i get to the end of Old School will probably determine if i use this tip or not.. although i probably will =]

Thanks!

Old School has to be medium difficulty at most. I only have Old School, New York Minute, New York Minute Hardcore, and Single player grinds left. I played it on Hard and then Hardcore and Old School is easier than both by a long shot.

Old School has to be medium difficulty at most. I only have Old School, New York Minute, New York Minute Hardcore, and Single player grinds left. I played it on Hard and then Hardcore and Old School is easier than both by a long shot.

That's because you're more accustomed to the game. The damage you take is comparable to Hard. If you could try Old School first, you'd have a different experience to trying it after mastering the game.

That's because you're more accustomed to the game. The damage you take is comparable to Hard. If you could try Old School first, you'd have a different experience to trying it after mastering the game.

I agree with you. After hard I did hardcore first and then oldschool.

Oldschool gave me more of a pain since I wasn't used to popping pills in time.

Especially the becker fight made me wanna destroy things.

That skill improved with numerous runs in NYM and NYM HC.

I agree with you. After hard I did hardcore first and then oldschool.

Oldschool gave me more of a pain since I wasn't used to popping pills in time.

Especially the becker fight made me wanna destroy things.

That skill improved with numerous runs in NYM and NYM HC.

I think NYM HC made me become unstoppable in this game. I destroyed Becker in no time at all but, my biggest problem area was in Chapter 3, when you have just left the lift and are at the top of the stairs. I did my normal Shootdodge down the stairs and died. Twice. That's the most amount of deaths I had in any of the levels. :p

However, I would never say that the difficulty of it is any less that what it is. For a person who hasn't played this game to death (and believe me, I have played this more than enough now...), they will have some problems with this mode.

I think NYM HC made me become unstoppable in this game. I destroyed Becker in no time at all but, my biggest problem area was in Chapter 3, when you have just left the lift and are at the top of the stairs. I did my normal Shootdodge down the stairs and died. Twice. That's the most amount of deaths I had in any of the levels. :p

However, I would never say that the difficulty of it is any less that what it is. For a person who hasn't played this game to death (and believe me, I have played this more than enough now...), they will have some problems with this mode.

Feeling unstoppable describes it pretty good. When the 10G poppep it felt like the next 10k, lol.

I never ever used shootdodge during my NYM runs, always relied on BT. I died to many times lying out in the open during my other runs.

The difficulty wasn't the problem just the pressure of knowing what happens when you die. I got worse the further you came. Made me do stupid mistakes I otherwise wouldn't have done. It was a pain nontheless.

Especially when stupid glitches destroyed you.

thanks for this amazing tip. I can't be bothered to play through two times again since I already played through the game 2 and a half times (glitched through my own fault on that half game).

after this only gonna do NYM then I'm done with sp.

I knew this would be fixed! Oh well. I think I am just going to complete the game on Old School and Hardcore, but not New York Minute. That just looks too time consuming for me and I can see myself getting very frustrated. I want to get most of the other achievements though in this game.

If I have to do it the long way, so be it.