Starter Guide

Saracin

This isn't meant to be too in depth, just trying to help people get on the path to achievements and maybe for anyone who will eventually write a real guide.

First thing is focus on one character from each side at first. By beating 1 musou from Shu, Wu, and Wei you unlock another musou, each worth 30 points, and when you've done your 3rd it'll unlock Diao Chan for another 30.

You should probably beat the game with her now so you can unlock Chaos, assuming what I read is correct once you beat the game with her or any Other musou (Lu Bu, Dong Zhuo) Chaos difficulty should unlock.

Now you can either A: Max out a character from each side and then redo their musou's on Chaos for more achievements, or B: Just complete 2 more characters from each side on Easy to unlock their rulers (Liu Bei, Cao Cao, Sun Jian) for another 30 each and then beat the game with each of them (and Diao Chan if you haven't finished her already) to unlock Lu Bu for an additional 30. Now just take care of Lu Bu to unlock Dong Zhuo and bam, another 10.

Now you should have all the stages unlocked and while doing all this you should have also earned a few additional characters from meeting Targets as well as achievements for beating 10, 20, etc chapters for more achievements. Now you can take your favorite buttkicker and a nice horse and go back to earlier stages in Free Mode and complete the Targets you missed. This should also unlock the rest of the characters.

Now we hit the challenges. I've done them all and Sun Shang Xiang is awesome for them. Her spread shot bow makes short work of almost everyone and even generals will be destroyed when you get up close and personal. This really helps on Speed Run when you have very little time to slow down to take out 10 soldiers, but she can mow them down quickly.

Well, this wasn't meant to be a perfect guide or an end all one, I just wanted to lend a hand and give out a decent path of progression to people just starting out. If I'm wrong about something or I should have posted this in the achievement discussion let me know.

That's definitely a nice overview of the achievements. This game's acheivements are a LOT more straightforward and short-term-goal oriented than some of the previous DW games. (DW:Gundam and DW5: Empires had some real drawn out time consuming crap to do.) The pace of the achievements is pretty even. You're going to get anywhere from 1-3 achievements (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what scenarios you're repeating and what map targets you're accomplishing) per Musou runthrough.

The short and dirty of it is:

30gs per first musou complete in each family.

30gs for 3 tital musous complete in each family.

30gs for unlocking each of the musou playable "Other" characters.

10gs for each free-mode/challenge only character unlocked.

10gs per challenge event.

Those are the easy ones... the ones that are more cumulative are:

Scenario 10/20/30 for 20/30/40gs... must complete X unique scenarios. IE: If you play through two characters that have the exact same missions, you only got 6 scenarios completed toward these achievements.

Target 50/75/100 for 30/40/50gs... must complete X unique map targets. You can view which ones you have finished by popping open free mode and counting the green diamonds, if you care that much.

The rest we don't know too much about yet, presumably they're to do with finishing a lot of stuff on the unlocked difficulties.

I plan on starting a "real", as you put it, guide in the morning. I hope to gather and provide specific how-to's on accomplishing the achievements. I'm kinda waiting for more of the achievement titles to get translated before I start, but I'm going to anyway. =p

If you could read my mind over the internet, I'd be frightened. ^^

Hopefully there's no achievement for all targets, some of them are incredibly awful. At some point one could count what the maximum number are, but the minimum there can be is 102.

I haven't tested it, but I'm hoping you can complete them piece by piece in Free Mode. IE: If you take a battle you missed all the targets on, and do 1, finish the level.. do another, finish the level, and do the last, and finish the level.. does that count as having them all done, or do you need to finish them all in one run?

I just tested it and it works. I did Xia Pi on Lu Bu's side, for which I had no Targets done. First did the one to kill Zhang Fei and Guan Yu and then take Liu Bei's main camp, then I killed Liu Bei.

The second time I did the other two Targets and then finished it without doing the kill Guan/Zhang one and it lists all three as done on the Free Mode screen.

So you can go back and do the one you missed and not worry about others and it will be fine.

After you start your guide I'll ask that this one be deleted or closed. Its now mostly about stuff that should be in the discussion thread anyway.