Help with "Counterstrike Flash" Achievement

Hi there!

Can someone please help me with this achievement?

1) I've beaten all the bosses in different order at the start, but then, i did it in the same order than says this web, but the achievement dosnt open... It's necessary do the achievement in order, or it's not important?

2) It's necessary to defeat ALL bosses with a final blow or just the last one? (for example the Himiko's guys)

2) HOW THE F*** i defeat Himiko's first form? She just dosnt give me any chance to do counters. What're her counter attacks?

3) If i fail in a certain boss, have i to restart the whole process? I've beaten EVERY boss (includin' Olga... :() but Himiko's first form just donst work... And when i beat her second form nothing happens..

Can someone help me please? Tips, videos, or whatever... I REALLY need help. It's so frustrating. It's the last quest part of this achievement and im really lost...

I hope someone answer.

Hi there!

Can someone please help me with this achievement?

1) I've beaten all the bosses in different order at the start, but then, i did it in the same order than says this web, but the achievement dosnt open... It's necessary do the achievement in order, or it's not important?

2) It's necessary to defeat ALL bosses with a final blow or just the last one? (for example the Himiko's guys)

2) HOW THE F*** i defeat Himiko's first form? She just dosnt give me any chance to do counters. What're her counter attacks?

3) If i fail in a certain boss, have i to restart the whole process? I've beaten EVERY boss (includin' Olga... :() but Himiko's first form just donst work... And when i beat her second form nothing happens..

Can someone help me please? Tips, videos, or whatever... I REALLY need help. It's so frustrating. It's the last quest part of this achievement and im really lost...

I hope someone answer.

1. No but it helps.

2. You cant beat Himiko's first form (I'm assuming Himiko is that old lady shooting blood at you?) with the counterstrike method. I know I tried.

3. By fail, do you mean die during killing all the bosses in one go?

Here's what you do. PLAY ON EASY! Use Clear Sight on the bosses on these levels: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 17, 19 and 20. You must KILL the bosses using Clear Sight(when the game slows down, press X. Your X attack MUST KILL THE BOSS DURING Clear Sight).

So it's like this. Boss is down to a bar of health. RT+A. Game slows down, hit X. Boss dies. Repeat the rest of the bosses.

The old lady that throws blood at you CANNOT be clear sighted. But he younger form CAN.

Does this help you out?

Thanks you so much for the answer. Yeah, Himiko's the old lady (in her second form she's quite hot to be honest xDD) You cleared me up some points, but i dont get what you mean with this:

2. You cant beat Himiko's first form (I'm assuming Himiko is that old lady shooting blood at you?) with the counterstrike method. I know I tried

The old lady that throws blood at you CANNOT be clear sighted. But he younger form CAN

So, then, it's totally impossible to beat her first from? Im having problems specially with Himiko's old form. I just kill her first form normally, but when i beat her second form (the young one) after beating the rest of required bosses the achievement never pops up. Are you completly sure, she cannot be beaten by using the counter strike? Can i just kill her with normal attacks? Anyways, i hope so, cause i never have any chance to do a "clear sight" thing on her first form.

3. By fail, do you mean die during killing all the bosses in one go?

Yeah that for example. Or imagine i kill all the Himiko's bodyguards (the guys like "men in black") at once with one final blow (counter attack in this case) It's necessary to kill them one by one, or can i beat them at once with one final counter attack? Also, if i kill one boss with normal attacks by accident, have i to restart the whole process or just re-try that specific boss?

There's also some types of bosses who has different forms and versions (for example Himiko or Reiko) have i to beat them separataly with one counter attack or just their final form?

And yeah, i got the idea of the achievement and i know what to do. The problem comes when i try to beat Himiko, as i said before. I just beat ALL the other bosses before Himiko, but when i beat her second form with counter attacks (cause the old one cannot be beaten with counters) nothing happens. I know this is normal cause there's still Misery to be defeated, but after defeiting her, the achievement dosnt' appears and it's really frustrating, specially cause im in the third part...

Thanks you for the attention anyways. I hope you're right with the "Himiko's first form cannot be deafeated" part cause if not, i'll abandon this achievement. This and the "Baneful Blood" one are the only ones left to obtain... >_<!!

Cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this thread is kind of old but I thought I'd write a quick guide in here for anyone having trouble getting this achievement because of Himiko(the old lady toward the end).

She has two forms, the old lady and the younger(sexier) form. It IS possible to Clear Sight both forms and kill her that way in both forms but I'm not sure if killing both in such a way actually matters for the achievement. I would still use Clear Sight to kill both forms just to be safe.

Make sure you have the Clear Sight bracelet on to do this, I know it's a pain in the ass to get but it makes this a world easier and I highly recommend you get it. I'm actually of the mindset that the reason certain people in this thread might not have gotten a Clear Sight chance on the old lady form was because they didn't have the braclet.

Also, some people report Saki being easier to use Clear Sight with than Aya. I have noticed it as well, but I used Aya on the old lady form, and Saki on the younger form and both worked just fine.

I also did this in Berserk mode, you can use whatever you like. Just make sure you have a full inventory of items(healing and and power up) in case you need them.

For the old lady form:

First thing you need to do is get a lock on Himiko with RB and DO NOT let go of that lock! Get up in her face and start spamming the hell out of A while pushing toward her. You can go left or right and do circles around her but I found it tends to not give as many chances for Clear Sight to pop up. Ignore everything that gets thrown at you since it can't hit you anyway while you dodge this way, and focus solely on waiting for the Clear Sight slow down to start. As soon as the slow down starts, start spamming the hell out of the X button. You should successfully hit her, and with a clean sword it should take off 3 to 4 bars of health. Repeat until she's dead.

Blood on the sword will cause less damage, though, so pay attention to you sword. If you need to, while you continue to hold RB so you can keep your lock on her, hit A and back to roll back to a safe spot and then LB to clean you sword. Then just hit A and roll in the direction of Himiko again to continue your assault.

For the the younger form:

You will basically do the same general thing as before with some slight differences in how combat plays out.

It is VERY important to get a lock on Himiko and don't let go! It's very easy at this stage to accidentally let go of RB and lose her and you must pay attention and keep that button held down no matter what. You need to be spamming A button to dodge the entire fight, unless a Clear Sight chance happens and then spam X button to hit her or whatever is attacking you on the ground while she's flying.

The reason for this is because after you get her down about half life, she will fly into the air. When she does, she will release what is basically Blood Mist Zombie copies of the guys in suits you fight throughout the game. You have to kill them before she comes back down, but what you really need to do is ignore them. Just keep RB held down and locked on her. The screen will shift at this point and all you can see is her floating around in the sky, but just keep spamming A button and pushing the analog stick toward her to dodge. As this happens, Clear Sight will pop up from time to time. What this actually is, is the Blood Mist Zombies attacking you on the ground. Spam X button in Clear Sight just like before! You won't see it happen, but you will end up killing the Blood Mist Zombies on the ground with your Clear Sight counterattacks and after they all die Himiko will float back to the ground. Now roll back to her and wait form more clear sight chances again. Repeat until she's dead.

You may need to clean your sword once or twice, if you do just do the same thing you did with the older form to clean it. Your best bet to clean it, though, is to do it while she's on the ground because if you do it while she's in the air and the Blood Mist Zombies have spawned they'll all attack you at once.

Good luck!

You don't have to fight the whole boss battle with clear sight, it just needs to be the finishing blow. Also if anyone's having trouble with gettin it to work on the old version of Himiko, try playing on a harder difficulty to add zombie spawn. Just wear her down to almost dead then use MakoAoyama's method. Between the old "wench" and the zombies attacking it should initiate clear sight pretty quickly(make sure to constantly MASH "A" while holding RB on Himiko so they can't hurt you)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...