*SPOILERS* Achievement Walkthrough *SPOILERS*

-- Foreword:

This walkthrough assumes that the player knows how to move the character around the locations and manipulate the various items required to complete each task (ie you've completed the training section without resorting to a walkthrough!). The numbers in brackets are to show you how near you are to gaining an achievement and is something I've made up myself to keep track of the more annoying ones! I have decided to keep the convention for this, and subsequent, episodes!

This is not a definitive solution, some of the puzzles can be completed in a different order and some can be completed in a completely different way. I have listed each interaction exactly how it is displayed at the top-right of the screen. If you see something different in this action description, then you're doing it wrong! I can't be held accountable for the results! This walkthrough is set-out exactly how did it, it does work! HONEST!

If you follow this walkthrough as it is you will get all 12 achievements in the correct order, however you will have experienced about 60% of the game and well under 50% of the conversations. You might want to play the game through on your own before consulting this walkthrough if you want to experience more of the game (and get a proper sense of achievement by solving the puzzles yourself). For the rest of you... here we go once more, into the 200GP breach dear friends!

NOTE: In practice, it is recommended that you print out this walkthrough & cross off each action as, and when, you complete it. Make sure you SAVE often and in different slots incase you make a drastic mistake; this walkthrough does not cater for every eventuality, or mistake, and, because of this, you may be left in a situation where you have no idea what the hell to do next! Please, don't come crying to me if that happens!

NOTE: Chapter 2 is NOT structured into specific tasks, as Chapters 1 & 3 are. This is due to the 5 tasks being fragmented; if I'd set the walkthrough out accounting for each guest in order, then you would find yourself going back and forward to each room all the time. Instead, it's segmented into each location (or room in this case), not unlike the SAM & MAX walkthroughs.

(And yes, I did just copy/paste this FOREWORD from the first episode and added a few little bits to make it look different!)

Edited by tastefulmrship
CLUELESS completed!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up spanner. (Walk all the way to the right, over the wooden tables)

Give spanner to Wallace.

Use circuit-breaker. (The wooden tables will collapse before you can get to the circuit-breaker)

Jump on floatation device.

Paddle to the top left-hand corner of the room. (Basically, all the way to the left)

Pick up fuel canister. (The red canister in the corner)

Paddle down to the bottom left-hand corner of the room. (Head downwards, you will need to go around the yellow barrels)

Investigate spare track. (Memory Lane 1/1)

Paddle back to the top right-hand corner of the room. (Where the stairs are)

Use fuel canister with electric sparks. (The sparks to the left of the stairs)

Edited by tastefulmrship

- Task 1 - Sun.

Head to town. (Activate the front gate)

Head to town.

Inquire about Cheese Of The Week sign. (Activate the sign to the right of Mr. Paneer)

Comment about searchlight. (Left of Mr. Paneer) (Oh I Say! 1/7)

Walk over to the news-stand.

Choose magazine. (Above Winnie Gabberley)

Select weather forecast.

Use weather forecast with Paneer.

Comment about searchlight. (Oh I Say! 2/7) (Ocean Notion 1/3)

- Task 2 - Umbrella

Walk to West Wallaby Street. (Head left of Mr. Paneer's)

Walk over to Felicity and Duncan.

Wait for them to stop listening for the thunder, or click on the brolly to interupt them.

Use weather forecast with Duncan. (Or Felicity) (Meteorologist 1/1)

Borrow umbrella. (Oh I Say! 3/7)

Crave cheese. (Activate the cheese delivery in the front garden)

Talk to Felicity Flitt. (The next section will not work if you talk to Duncan McBiscuit instead!)

Duncan & Felicity will stop talking to listen out for the thunder. They only do this for 2 or 3 seconds, so you need to do the next action pretty quickly. If you don't succeed, then talk to Felicity Flitt and try again.

Crave cheese.

Borrow umbrella. (Ocean Notion 2/3)

- Task 3 - Sand

Take order form. (Left of the front door)

Head to town.

Talk to Major Crum. (Or Constable Dibbins)

Comment about 'Together' poster. (Above Major Crum's head)

Show order form to Crum.

Walk to West Wallaby Street.

Spin gnome. (The gnome holding the stop/go sign) (Ocean Notion 3/3)

Edited by tastefulmrship

Go upstairs. (Either walk up the stairs or activate the bottom stair)

Enter kitchen.

Enter dining room.

Talk to Edwina Gabberley.

You will need to activate certain objects on the dinner table that correspond to the last dialogue reponse Winnie says. (It makes a lot more sense when you try it!) Here is a list of items you need to use for each statement.

Consider romance novel - "I'd go home to Mr. Gabberley but there's no point. Won't get no sympathy from 'im indoors, will ah?"

Consider tea - "Yer in a right mess you are Winnie Gabberley and no mistake! What to do, what to do?"

Consider cheese - "It's not just me, is it? What do you think of Duncan McBiscuit?"

Consider daisy - "'Appen I may be knockin' on. Too old for a beach holiday, that's for sure."

Consider sign - "I should count me blessings. At least me new hat fits. That's something, isn't it?"

Consider cheese crumbs - "It's a sorry old world, isn't it? Thanks to the bullies."

Consider glass - "Am I making sense? D'you catch ma drift?"

Consider knife - "What do I know! I'm going soft in the head, aren't I?"

You will need to successfully complete three dialogue statements in a row. (If you make a mistake you will need to start again!) (The Guest House Mutiny 1/5)

Offer tea to Edwina. (Tea, Everyone? 1/5)

Exit. (Activate the door)

Go upstairs. (Either walk up the stairs or activate the stairs)

Take sunglasses. (On the bed-side cabinet)

Exit.

Enter living room.

Pick up chew toy. (Infront of Constable Dibbins) (Oh I Say! 4/7)

Offer tea to Dibbins. (Tea, Everyone? 2/5)

Talk to Constable Dibbins.

Pick up knitting wool. (Under the window)

Activate robotic photographer. (To the right of the souvenir photographs stand)

Dial. (Activate the Dial-a-Destination, left of the souvenir photographs stand)

Dial. (You should get a Greek backdrop)

Take flag.

Examine Memories for Remembering. (Above the mantelpiece, right of the robotic photographer)

Look at the centre photograph. (Of Wallace infront of the Hawaii background) (Oh I Say! 5/7)

Exit view.

Exit.

Enter cellar.

Change ambient sound. (Seaside Songbirds) (On the wall, between the stairs and Mr. Paneer)

Exit view.

Offer tea to Crum. (Tea, Everyone? 3/5)

Use knitting wool with Crum.

Talk to Major Crum. (The Guest House Mutiny 2/5)

Pick up toy soldier.

Talk to Felicity Flitt (To the right of Mr. Paneer) (The Guest House Mutiny 3/5)

Offer tea to Felicity. (Tea, Everyone? 4/5)

Activate Punch And Judy show. (Right of Felicity Flitt)

Activate Punch And Judy show.

Activate Punch And Judy show.

Activate Cornish Yarg. (Once it falls down. Thanks to thepretender2u & Samus2008 for finding this for me!) (Mmm... Cheese! 1/1)

Use sunglasses with Felicity.

Use flag with Felicity.

Use formal caution with Felicity. (The Guest House Mutiny 4/5)

Exit.

Enter cellar.

Offer tea to Paneer. (Tea, Everyone? 5/5)

Inspect sandcastles. (You will need to inquire about all four castles to find out which one is the Tower Of Groceries. Once Paneer identifies the Tower of Groceries, make a note of which one it is!)

Use toy soldier with sandcastle tower. (The sandcastle Mr. Paneer identified as the Tower of Groceries)

Exit view. (The Guest House Mutiny 5/5)

Edited by tastefulmrship
Doggie muyo!

Use toy shovel with bucket. (The yellow bucket to the right)

Indicate Wallace. (Clueless 1/6)

Indicate Constable Dibbins. (Clueless 2/6)

Indicate Mr. Paneer. (Clueless 3/6)

Indicate Felicity Flitt. (Clueless 4/6)

Indicate Edwina Gabberley. (Clueless 5/6)

Indicate Major Crum. (Clueless 6/6)

Indicate Poodgie-Woo. (Or Tinkie-Wee)

- Task 1 - Motive

Exit view.

Exit.

Enter living room.

Inspect dress-up kit.

Select bow-tie. (Doggie Fashionista 1/12)

Select top hat. (Doggie Fashionista 2/12)

Select heart glasses. (Doggie Fashionista 3/12)

Exit view.

Exit. (You have to do the next few actions before the doggies go back upstairs; if they do then go back to the dress-up kit and change the items again for them to return from the bedroom. Thanks to miiiguel for pointing this out)

Go upstairs.

Fix spring. (On the bed)

Fix spring.

Fix spring. (Spring will then appear at the foot of the bed)

Observe height sign.

Press fun button. (The red button to the right of Gromit)

Exit.

Enter dining room.

Use plug. (On the wall, between Wallace & Constable Dibbins)

Select motive.

Use chew toy with Wallace. (Hounds Of Horror 1/3)

- Task 2 - Weapon

Exit view.

Exit.

Enter living room.

Operate candyfloss machine.

Exit.

Go upstairs.

Climb out the window.

Pluck flower. (The orange flower in Felicity Flitt's garden)

Head to town.

Choose magazine.

Select fashion mag.

Walk to West Wallaby Street.

Spin gnome.

Help Duncan McBiscuit.

Activate Punch & Judy Show. (To the right of Edwina Gabberley)

Use candyfloss with Duncan.

Use flower with Duncan.

Go upstairs.

Exit.

Enter dining room.

Question Paneer.

Exit.

Enter living room.

Take candyfloss. (On the sideboard, between Mr. Paneer and the candyfloss machine)

Exit.

Enter dining room.

Use mallet with supper gong. (Oh I Say! 6/7)

Use plug.

Select weapon.

Use mallet with Wallace. (Hounds Of Horror 2/3)

- Task 3 - Witness

Use plug.

Question Crum.

Exit.

Enter kitchen.

Pick up tiny sailor's hat.

Pick up police sketch.

Use candyfloss with stove. (Caramelizer 1/1)

Exit.

Enter living room.

Inspect dress-up kit.

Select spiked collar. (Doggie Fashionista 4/12)

Select fez. (Doggie Fashionista 5/12)

Select pince-nez glasses. (Doggie Fashionista 6/12)

Exit view.

Inspect dress-up kit. (This makes the doggies go back upstairs)

Inspect dress-up kit.

Select diamond collar. (Doggie Fashionista 7/12)

Select tiara. (Doggie Fashionista 8/12)

Select movie star glasses. (Doggie Fashionista 9/12)

Exit view.

Inspect dress-up kit.

Use tiny sailor hat with Felicity.

Use fashion mag with Felicity.

Inspect dress-up kit.

Select bandana. (Doggie Fashionista 10/12)

Select sailor hat. (Doggie Fashionista 11/12)

Select trendy glasses. (Doggie Fashionista 12/12)

Exit view.

Exit

Enter dining room.

Use plug.

Indicate Major Crum. (Hounds Of Horror 3/3)

Edited by tastefulmrship
Added some bits, like.

You will have to move Gromit (in his floatation device of champions) around to get to the right position to complete these actions. Pulling back on the left stick will hold him in his present position, making aiming a little easier!

Pick up yellow bucket.

Throw starfish at Wallace.

Throw starfish at Wallace. (Oh I Say! 7/7)

Throw starfish at squeaky lever. (The Punch & Judy lever)

Throw starfish at chew toy. (It's on top of the 'mast' of the makeshift boat Wallace is trapped on!) (NOTE: You have to do this while the dogs are calm, if they start barking before you have hit the chew toy, then throw a starfish at the Punch&Judy machine again because it will miss. Also, you might find it easier to use the D-PAD rather than the Right Thumbstick for better aiming)

Throw starfish at rocket fuel. (The red canister from the Prologue)

Pick up fuel canister.

Use fuel canister with sparking helmet. (Down the Drain 1/1)

Edited by tastefulmrship
Amended shooting at CHEW TOY section. Thanks to Summtrulli for pointing this out.

http://www.telltalegames.com/wallaceandgromit/walkthrough/thelastresort

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

http://forums.xbox.com/1478/ShowForum.aspx

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1388

Please do not copy this walkthrough to other web-sites (this includes translating it into a different language and passing it off as your own); I'd prefer it if you linked directly to it here, instead!

The URL is;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=187525

Happy continued adventuring, chuck!

- Jonah Ship (Sarone T C)

i finished the story, but i missed 3 achievements in my playthrough

1. tea, everyone?

2. clueless

3. oh i say!

TEA EVERYONE; confirmed as 'Offer tea' to Gabberley, Dibbins, Paneer, Flitt & Crum.

CLUELESS; confirmed as 'Indicate' Wallace, Dibbins, Paneer, Flitt, Gabberley & Crum,

OH I SAY; here are the seven instances of the phrase;

CHAPTER ONE

- USE SEARCHLIGHT (in front of Mr. Paneer's shop)

- USE SEARCHLIGHT (after convincing Mr. Paneer about the bad weather) - USE UMBRELLA (In Felicity Flitt's garden)

CHAPTER TWO

- USE CHEW TOY (in the living room)

- LOOK AT PHOTOGRAPH (take a picture of the Hawaii background & look at the Memories board above the fireplace)

CHAPTER THREE

- USE MALLET WITH SUPPER GONG (in the dining room, right of the door)

CHAPTER FOUR

- THROW STARFISH AT WALLACE (this needs to be done twice for him to say the phrase!)

Mighty walkthrough, mate! Thanks a lot!

But I still have one question: where can I find the mystery cheese? I can't seem to find it in the walkthrough. Thanks in advance!

Sorry, that was my fault! I added the actions, but forgot to put the achievement name on it!

Anyway, during CHAPTER 2, go down to the CELLAR and activate the PUNCH & JUDY MACHINE 3 times for the cheese to fall down. Then, just pick it up!

Sorry, that was my fault! I added the actions, but forgot to put the achievement name on it!

Anyway, during CHAPTER 2, go down to the CELLAR and activate the PUNCH & JUDY MACHINE 3 times for the cheese to fall down. Then, just pick it up!

when all the people are around the table, i cant click on the old lady to question for the clueless achievement, im so lost on this, lol

and also, i cant offer tea to the old lady either, idk if these are glitched or what?

Hi i have some problems on Chapter 4

The part - Throw starfish at chew toy. (It's on top of the 'mast' of the makeshift boat Wallace is trapped on!) aint working for me? thrown 2 at wallace and then one at the Dogs and then 1 at the toy but the starfish always misses it -.-

what am i doing wrong ?

Hi i have some problems on Chapter 4

The part - Throw starfish at chew toy. (It's on top of the 'mast' of the makeshift boat Wallace is trapped on!) aint working for me? thrown 2 at wallace and then one at the Dogs and then 1 at the toy but the starfish always misses it -.-

what am i doing wrong ?

My fault, here, sorry! You need to calm the doggies down first by hitting the SQUEAKY LEVER (the PUNCH AND JUDY MACHINE). Then aiming for the CHEW TOY. It misses when they are rowdy and 'rocking the boat'! (Little in-joke by TTG, there?)

I will amend the guide to make this slightly clearer!

and also, i cant offer tea to the old lady either, idk if these are glitched or what?

the reason you cant get the other achievements is because you have to get the ones before it. I had same problem. I couldn't accuse the old lady because i didn't give her the tea. So i restarted the game and got to the part where she is crying and i did what the guide said which is select the teal cup and listen to what she says then find it in the guide and select the proper item until she becomes happy and then i offered her tea and in chapter 3 i was able to accuse her.

My fault, here, sorry! You need to calm the doggies down first by hitting the SQUEAKY LEVER (the PUNCH AND JUDY MACHINE). Then aiming for the CHEW TOY. It misses when they are rowdy and 'rocking the boat'! (Little in-joke by TTG, there?)

I will amend the guide to make this slightly clearer!

Ah ok thx for reply.. will try that one once i get home tonight ^^

maybe i just understood it wrong cause i am playing the german version of the game :D