PA1 is NOT worth 1600MP.

tastefulmrship

- The episode is too short.

- There are only three areas.

- The Achievements are simple.

- Once completed, there's no re-play value.

- 1600MP for 6-10 hours play? You'd get more from Assault Heroes and that's a quarter of the price.

I could go on for hours, but I can't be arsed! The only way they can redeem themselves is if they give Episode 2 away free!

What a rip-off!

- The episode is too short.

- There are only three areas.

- The Achievements are simple.

- Once completed, there's no re-play value.

- 1600MP for 6-10 hours play? You'd get more from Assault Heroes and that's a quarter of the price.

I could go on for hours, but I can't be arsed! The only way they can redeem themselves is if they give Episode 2 away free!

What a rip-off!

Difference of opinion. I enjoyed it alot. It was worth the 1600 MP, as long as Episode 2 doesn't cost the same amount. I personally felt the quality in the writing was it's major draw for me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to get it at first after playing the demo but I caved and I'm glad I did.

Edited by ShazBo

I really like the game. I think it was worth the money. I guess it is just a matter of taste. Some people spend $20 on a dinner that others would pay $5 for. It will have future replay value with the other episodes and you can carry over your characters. I have spent hours on assault heroes 2 trying to find people online to play with and unable to find a co-op partner, or dealing with people disconnecting etc. Each game has good and bad points. I respect your opinion but I have to disagree I think PA was worth it to me.

I really like the game. I think it was worth the money. I guess it is just a matter of taste. Some people spend $20 on a dinner that others would pay $5 for. It will have future replay value with the other episodes and you can carry over your characters. I have spent hours on assault heroes 2 trying to find people online to play with and unable to find a co-op partner, or dealing with people disconnecting etc. Each game has good and bad points. I respect your opinion but I have to disagree I think PA was worth it to me.

The thing about the game is it really isn't about the gameplay and it more about the charm. That said I agree with tastefulmrship on a post he wrote elsewhere stating that Sam & Max was better interms of bang for your buck. It's true but it's not on XBLA and where I'm from it'll cost you $30 + tax. Which doesn't matter because I have it anyways... But whatever that was a good comparison and he should of used it here instead of comparing it with Assault Heroes 2 which is a different type of game.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion...

Would you have bought Rocketmen: Axis Of Evil or Arkadian Warriors for 1600MP? Both games have a half-decent narrative, are over 100Mb in size and are around 6 hours long. Or would there have been an outcry? The price of games are getting stupid. Also, it's cheaper in US than in Europe due to 100MP being equivilantly more expensive, so we're being even more screwed!

As I've said before, I'm a big fan of the PA crew (where was Mr Period?) and that's the sole reason for me purchasing this game. If I'd never heard of PA, I wouldn't have bought it based on the trial version. The game narrowly fulfills the requirements for the genres it's portraying; minimal stats upgrades, weapon upgrades, items, quests for NPCs and dull dialogue. I wanted to call this game Sam & Max (the new version, not the superior original) meets Final Fantasy VII, but I can't. The game leaves you wanting for more.

And as far as the humour is concerned. Where is it? I desperately searched for something that might be funny, but couldn't. It was like watching My Name Is Earl or Scrubs!

And that is my opinion. I thoroughly respect anyone else's, just as long as they respect mine.

The thing about the game is it really isn't about the gameplay and it more about the charm. That said I agree with tastefulmrship on a post he wrote elsewhere stating that Sam & Max was better interms of bang for your buck. It's true but it's not on XBLA and where I'm from it'll cost you $30 + tax. Which doesn't matter because I have it anyways... But whatever that was a good comparison and he should of used it here instead of comparing it with Assault Heroes 2 which is a different type of game.

I understand where you're coming from, but I couldn't really compare it here because of the fact that S&M is not on XBLA. I chose Assault Heroes 2 purely because it was released last week and so is fresh in people's minds as staple XBLA fare at the standard XBLA price which we've all come to accept. PA1 is staple XBLA fare (not brilliant, but not bad), but I believe it's not fairly priced. What about this game demands the 1600MP pricetag? PA as a brand? The game itself? The engine and graphics? The inane narrative? I don't think any are worth that price (hypocrasy aside).

Most people would shun S&M anyway. It's not a mainstream title, which is why I was surprised to see Dreamfall:TLJ on the American Xbox Originals list. It never came to Europe or Japan, which is a shame. It was petitions from people like me to Funcom that brought the game to being in the first place... however, it wasn't as good as The Longest Journey (I bought both direct from Funcom when they were released). But hey, some people hated Escape From Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, so what do I know? Time for a ride on the Number Nine for me.

I've done the maths (based on today's exchange rate) and here is the cost of PA1 dependant on whether you live in UK or US.

U.K.

5000MP = £42.50

100MP = £0.85

1600MP = £13.60 = $27

U.S.

5000MP = $62.50

100MP = $1.25

1600MP = $20.00 = £10.10

In the UK, we're spending an extra £2.50 on this game, which is the equivalent of 300MP (if purchased through a UK account). That's an average DLC download!

I've done the maths (based on today's exchange rate) and here is the cost of PA1 dependant on whether you live in UK or US.

U.K.

5000MP = £42.50

100MP = £0.85

1600MP = £13.60 = $27

U.S.

5000MP = $62.50

100MP = $1.25

1600MP = $20.00 = £10.10

In the UK, we're spending an extra £2.50 on this game, which is the equivalent of 300MP (if purchased through a UK account). That's an average DLC download!

*shrug*

Move to America?

The next Episode(s) probably won't be DLC. Due to MS constraints on Achievements (both scores and number), they will have to release them as separate games if they want to maximise Gamerscore points. Otherwise Episode 2 will only net you 50GP.

With that in mind, I am confused that Divvy is a 'collectable item' that's 'available in the next episode'. Does this mean Episode 2 is DLC and not a separate title? Does this mean another 800MP in five months time if it is DLC or 1600MP if it's a new title? And then if it's a new title how does the Divvy collectable tie in from Episode 1?

Will the whole pricing argument start over again?

Do I really want to be alive to find out?

*confused*

Edited by tastefulmrship

U.K.

5000MP = £42.50

100MP = £0.85

1600MP = £13.60 = $27

U.S.

5000MP = $62.50

100MP = $1.25

1600MP = $20.00 = £10.10

Oh Bollocks that sure explains alot. Sorry to hear that they're ripping you off.

it the best xbl arcade game out

Even better than Castlevania, Lumines & Puzzle Quest? Are you sure?

(Ok, Lumines is a different genre, but it's popular!)

it well funny and a fun game

Which bits were 'well funny'? I mean FUNNY, laugh out loud funny. I didn't laugh at any of it! I wasn't sure which parts were even meant to be funny. I know the cartoon is pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to its humour (I love Mr Period!), but this game had none.

well worth the ms points

You go girl! Fight for your right! Burn the bra! Don't give up your seat on the bus!

Even better than Castlevania, Lumines & Puzzle Quest? Are you sure?

(Ok, Lumines is a different genre, but it's popular!)

Which bits were 'well funny'? I mean FUNNY, laugh out loud funny. I didn't laugh at any of it! I wasn't sure which parts were even meant to be funny. I know the cartoon is pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to its humour (I love Mr Period!), but this game had none.

You go girl! Fight for your right! Burn the bra! Don't give up your seat on the bus!

lol puzzle quest was gd but was same thing over and over and over

lumines is jus crazy hard

----

the whole concept of this game is funny, must be my immature side that likes all the swearing and convos between the characters

----

lol and mocking me wont change the fact that this is gr8 game and worth the ms points :)

I played the demo the other night and I was one say that it was way over priced and I will not be getting it unless it's marked as must own game....Well I can tell you it's not a must own game and I will still be passing on it.....Now if they decide to release Eps 1-4 on 1 Game Disc for Normal price maybe I will pick it up them...but till then no way!

Alrighty then, lets have a go at this.

I found parts of the game entertaining - not gut busting laugh out loud funny, but highly enjoyable. Its the unexpected that makes it funny, such as the random quotes from the characters in the demo once you talk to them. Not hilarious, but it definitely warrants a smile.

The gameplay was pretty original in my eyes. That, and I've been itching for an RPG on the xbox that wasn't absurdly long or absurdly Japanese - Eternal Sonata, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey, I'm looking right at you. Having an interactive "turn based" game (with the inclusion of blocking and the charge meters) available for digital purchase was a big thing for me, considering that leaving to buy a disc is awfully difficult without a car, not to mention the horrid gas prices.

I think the game was worth it. It gave me the entertainment I was seeking in a genre I was desperate for. It was fresh enough and just funny.

And on a side note, the exchange rate for countries is interesting and all, but while I'm not certain, the minimum wage for different places should be at a constant ratio to the exchange rate. Ex, if $1 was worth 7 Reals [brazilian money], the the U.S. minimum wage would be $2 with the Brazil minimum wage being 14 reals. What you make and what we make would correlate to the prices. I dont know for sure though.

And on a side note, the exchange rate for countries is interesting and all, but while I'm not certain, the minimum wage for different places should be at a constant ratio to the exchange rate. Ex, if $1 was worth 7 Reals [brazilian money], the the U.S. minimum wage would be $2 with the Brazil minimum wage being 14 reals. What you make and what we make would correlate to the prices. I dont know for sure though.

You are quite correct.

Standard of living against cost of living and all economic factors should be considered when even attempting to make a comparison. Some currencies are stronger than others, which may be why it looks like you're paying more for something than another country, when in actual fact there's no real difference at all.

• 2 weeks later...