Just need ONE more Great Person!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody Imhotep; I've played 20+ games so far and I've still to find this Great Person. Has anyone got any ideas how to get him to appear or is it 100% random... and I'm Mr. Unlucky!

Isn't there a bit in the Civlpedia where you can have a look at technology and follow it to the end and it tells you what great person it brings.

I can't remember what its on but i do know when you click it your press either LT or LB to get to the end then press Y and you should find what makes a Great Person appear

Hope this helps mate

-Roaming Dragon

Isn't there a bit in the Civlpedia where you can have a look at technology and follow it to the end and it tells you what great person it brings.

I can't remember what its on but i do know when you click it your press either LT or LB to get to the end then press Y and you should find what makes a Great Person appear

Hope this helps mate

-Roaming Dragon

Imhotep requires CEREMONIAL BURIAL, the tech you get once you've got POTTERY. These are Level 1 and Level 2 techs; very early in the game!

I think they're related to CULTURE; when I play ENGLISH (my last civ) after Doctor Who, I'm going to try and boost my CULTURE and force Great People to join my cities! (Picking MONARCHY will boost CULTURE in London!)

Then, I'll have the 625 I've been playing for... after that, I'll just play for the fun of it! (I nearl won at KING difficulty and haven't even considered playing as DEITY!)

[EDIT] It looks like ENGLISH unlocks Imhotep; I've played 5 games with ENGLISH and he's appeared every time! Maybe someone should make a Great Person guide??

Edited by tastefulmrship

From memory, Imhotep was egyptian (?). So playing as Egypt would help this along as well i think.

You'd have thought, but I played 3 or 4 EGYPTIAN games and he never appeared! He only seems to appear for the ENGLISH... (oh, and AZTECs, by the look of things!)

Make sure you research/build their requirements as soon as possible to force them out and make sure you boost CULTURE (which is why I picked ENGLISH!) as quick as possible; so build TEMPLEs & CATHEDRALS in all cities.

Arg i have the same problem now -.-. Played 3 Blitzkrieg games with English but still nothing, at the end of the game i justed pressed "B" but even with 2500 Culture per Round it was not possible to lure him out.

Maybe i will try to start a game with Amerika (because they get a Great Pers. at the beginning) and reload every time until Imhotep appers -.-

Anyone know if theres a specific Civ I have to be for -

Sargon

Agamemnon (Figured the Greeks .. But played loads as them and haven't found him yet)

Cheops

I have found the techs I need via Civilopedia, but I have played a lot of games and can't for the life of me get these guys to unlock.

Sargon

Agamemnon (Figured the Greeks .. But played loads as them and haven't found him yet)

Cheops

I have found the techs I need via Civilopedia, but I have played a lot of games and can't for the life of me get these guys to unlock.

I got this people at the end of one game (Year 2050-2090) i had about 2500 Culture per Round and i always pressed B to progress to the next round leaving everything else alone, got them while playing Mongol.

Sargon

Cheops

I need these people as well plus Lao Tzu never seems to show up either. I don't believe I've ever played a game past 2050 though so maybe that would help.

I've played several games up until 2100 but I'm missing one great person- Sargon. Anybody any idea how to unlock this guy? It says bronze working is needed, so I always research that first and pour everything into culture but to no avail:eek:

Anybody any idea how to unlock this guy? It says bronze working is needed, so I always research that first and pour everything into culture but to no avail:eek:

I would start building up Culture first, and then research Bronze Working.

I don't have the game, but that seems to me the most logical way of doing it, since at the beginning of the game your producing little culture, so if you develop more culture when you research the tech needed it should unlock the guy for you.

tastefulmrship i tryed your suggestion but with no luck, do you research them to techs right away and manage workers in the city to science or just wait for the research tech to come up? do you build anything in the meantime or do you build any cities or any more help just stuck on that one builder

UPDATE: nevermind got him after a few more tries of doing the same thing but build stonehenge this time thanks for the advice

Edited by danjef

need a little help....only need plato and homer to get my last achievement for this game,I know there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to getting these great people but if anyone could remember when they got those two it would be much appreciated.

need a little help....only need plato and homer to get my last achievement for this game,I know there doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to getting these great people but if anyone could remember when they got those two it would be much appreciated.

Homer is the last one i need. The civilapedia says you need to learn alphabet but he just will not pop up for me!