Help with 360 ipod support

Daggermn

Hey guys. I appologize in advance if there is a post already about this. I have an I pod and for a while my xbox 360 worked with it. Then one day, it stopped working. Every time I plug in my ipod it wont let me play any songs. It says that it will not read that format. I tried downloading the ipod support again, but it always stops at 5% download. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this problem? I have read somewhere that if this happens, M$ will not let you download the patch again and the ipod will never work for you again on the xbox360. If anyone can help me out I would very much appricate it. Thanks.

I never did download a patch I just plugged in the USB port to the 360 connected with my Ipod. Sometimes it doesnt read the music files, but then I just blow in the connecter and then sometimes it would pop up. I'm always playing my music and it sometimes occurs but not often.

How do you convert your songs to Mp3? Will they still play on your ipod if they are set to Mp3? Thanks.

Assuming that you are using iTunes: go to the song you want to convert. Right click on it and one of the options should be "convert selection to MP3."

Yes, they will still play on your ipod. Mp3 is just a further compressed file for music. Helps store more songs than usual and the sound quality remains the same.