Sanctum 2 (XBLA) [G+R]

Of cass

Needs reformatting and polish.

Roadmap:

• Estimated Difficulty: 6/10 with co-op (8+/10 solo)
  • Offline: 10/12 - 350
  • Online: 2/12 - 50 (Final Destination and Team Player)
  • Approximate Time to 400: 20+ Hours (less with co-op/guide)
  • Minimum Playthroughs: 1+ (can begin in co-op with all 5 beats of strength activated - tutorial level doesn't count)
  • Missable Achievements: 0 (replayable levels)
  • Difficulty Affect Achievements? Yes (must play on normal difficulty)
  • Unobtainable achievements: None
  • Extra Equipment?: None

Hi guys! for those of you who aren't familiar, Sanctum 2 follows after Sanctum's TD (tower defense) styled game-play where the objective is to build fortifications and use your primary character to defend against hordes of approaching enemies. It both compliments traditional TD designs as well as enhances it by giving you 1st-person control over a main character that (unlike towers) can move across the map while engaging enemies.

While some might find this gametype challenging at first, the purpose of this guide is to smooth the completion and difficulty process for an overall easier experience.

Overview:

If you wish to rush the list and complete it as quickly as possible, it is recommended you grab a friend (or three) and as soon as the tutorial finishes, turn on all Feats of Strength (difficulty modifiers) and go through all the levels. Make sure you grab Game In A Game on the second level.

Do note (Special thanks to Maka & DROGTURIST for pointing out my blunter) that

Enemies gain 125% HP for each player in the game

The rest of the achievements will come naturally assuming you managed to scrounge up a party of 4 (Final Destination) and have all Feats of Strength turned on (Team Player). This method should make the entire completion process within 8? or so hours.

...chances are you don't have 4-players together, so the guide below will assume mostly solo-play with the occasional assistance. Simply play through the game in any way you like, learn the maps, then revisit them with Feats of Strength enabled for Growing Stronger and Hercules. Hopefully you'll get lucky or get a group together for Team Player and Final Destination.

Detailed Guide:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-4bBx4=.jpgHumble Beginnings (20 )

Complete your first map.

Self explanatory. This is the tutorial map of the game. Should pop as soon as you're done. Make sure you revisit this map later on and complete it with all Feats of Strength activated.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-4TTLw=.jpgThe Bas(e)ics (20)

Build 20 tower bases.

Self explanatory. Should come naturally.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-wyRQk=.jpgThe Best Defense is Offense (20)

Upgrade a tower to the max.

Self explanatory. Each tower in the game has three levels to upgrade. After it has reached its final third level, this will unlock. Note that you can also "overcharge" and upgrade your tower past the third level, where there is no longer any significant changes outside damage and occasionally range increase.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-mr3E4=.jpgGame In A Game (20)

Beat a Game In A Game.

To get it, you'll need to load up "Facility" then "Park" from the main menu. Choose any character. Now, you'll want to go to the bottom-middle (south) of the map, and find the small area named "The Diamond Pick". Inside, and to the right, you'll find 3 arcade machines. Play the middle one by pressing :bbut:, which will start a game of snake. Control the snake using the d-pad, and just keep playing until you get to a high score of 42, and you will unlock the achievement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0e_BnHiLbo]Sanctum 2 - Game In A Game Achievement/Trophy Guide - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks

Maka!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5--IxpE=.jpgGrowing Stronger (20)

Complete a map with a Feat of Strength enabled.

Feats of Strength are enabled in your lobby section, under settings, which one enabled increases your final experience by 20%, for an allocated total of 100% with all 5 activated:

• Titan Slayer - Enemies Grow More Durable
  • Impeccable Accuracy - Enemies Move Swifter
  • Hydra Hunter - Enemies Regenerate Wounds
  • Beast Tamer - Enemies Attack More Ferociously
  • Hardcore - Respawn in Next Build Phase + Less Resources Back when you recycle towers.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-mQrvA=.jpgHercules (25)

Complete a map with 5 Feats of Strength enabled.

The easiest level to do this in would be Facility - Park (same level as Game In A Game).

Use Hawkins (Shotgun), Pick any and all damage Perks (or Phoenix if you want to be safe, not necessary), camp the spawn area with a line of any towers that focus on small units, and this should be easy. The vast majority of the damage will be done with Hawkins' shotty while your towers pick off the stragglers. Use the Telsa's alt. fire as a secondary for anyone lucky enough to slip by.

Can easily be completed this way as soon as you're done with the tutorial level. Check the detailed guide for a layout if necessary.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-hLJN0=.jpgTeam Player (25)

Complete one level with 5 Feats of Strength enabled in Co-op.

Self explanatory. Refer to above.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-4oPgI=.jpgHalfway Awesome (50)

Reach Rank 10.

Self explanatory. You gain experience for each successful map completion. Higher levels will grant you more weapons, towers, and perks to choose from.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-q-8Vw=.jpgFull-time Ass-kicker (50)

Reach rank 20.

Self explanatory. Refer to above.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-wJN7c=.jpgHope Rides Alone (50)

Complete Facility, Rocky Fields, Giant Trees and Swamp.

Self explanatory. Play through the game and complete all 4 sections in the game and their subsequent stages.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-uxp0U=.jpgFinal Destination (25)

Complete The End in a party of four.

Self explanatory. Beat the final level with 3 other human players.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2234/5-3pzyQ=.jpgBadass (75)

Complete Facility, Rocky Fields, Giant Trees and Swamp with 5 Feats of Strength enabled.

This is the big hemorrhoid, the final achievement for most players. It's not that the Feats of Strength are difficult individually, its that once together, especially with Hardcore, the later levels can go from challenging to sadistic in half a wave.

It's highly recommended that help from co-op players is used here. A coordinated two-man team is ideal for the smoothest path to Badass. However, since the online community seems to be dead, this guide is tailored for you to Solo all levels.

There are no bad characters to use when full FoS is turned on except Sweet. All others are useful for different situations, and it depends both on your personal play-style as well as the maps you're engaged in.

In the event where you cannot find a (capable) partner online for Badass, click on the link for my solo guide:

These strategies should still work well when there's more than one player, but take note that difficulty is modified to take additional players into account. I recommend you make your games Private to avoid bad randoms joining.

It should also be important to note that:

You just need 15/16 stages completed with 5 FoS. So If you completed the Intro with 5 FoS you can skip one of the other stages.

The introduction level does not show you if you completed it with full FoS, however it DOES still count. That should allow you one map to skip.

Changelog:

-6/28/2013 (streamlined full FoS guide)

-7/16/2013 (FoS outline near completion)

-7/17/2013 (done with guide ver. 1.0)

-7/23/2013 (Starting to upload and add personal recordings)

-7/28/2013 (v2.0 completed. All videos uploaded with details and recommendations listed)

Edited by Corrupt.

I just wanted to add a few notes. I don't recommend going for "Hercules" until you get to level 9 or 10, or else it will be too bad.

It should also be noted that the Sniper character is the best character to use.

And 5 hours is very low. My guess would be 6/7 hours as a minimum, up to 12+ (or even 15+). The later levels take 30 minutes a piece, and you'll probably need to do many of them multiple times over for all the achievements and level 20.

Lastly, playing in co-op does not make the game much easier. When playing with others, the game actually becomes more difficult as it will adjust the difficulty based on the amount of players in the game. This is at least what I noticed from experience with a friend.

I can provide empty screenshots for the first 8-10 levels, but I haven't completed more than that just yet. Please let me know if you want them.

Overall, the guide looks good. I said I would provide help, so if you need anything, just let me know.

Note: I can delete this post if you need space in the future, just PM me.

Good work so far, but I will say right now that if you want this to be a good guide, you have to record the tower placements (screenshots/video) used to beat each level with 5 feats on. The internet is already littered with tips and opinions on this game, what's missing is exact level strategies.

It sounds like both of you guys are underestimating the latter half of the game, though. No way will you be "blitzing through" this in 5 hours, especially considering that there's very little help to find online for the 360 and all of the PC videos are useless as they're playing a heavily rebalanced version. 360 got the unfinished beta with all kinds of little balance errors and mistakes. You'll see what I mean when you get to levels like Train Station, Canopy, Wilderness and Abandoned Labs. In fact, it might be worth holding off on the game until a potential patch evens the game out like they've done on the PC version. Canopy and Wilderness, specifically, have been made far easier on PC.

Also, everyone in your party should be wearing the Phoenix perk. It negates the Hardcore feat, which is the most devastating feat otherwise.

I just wanted to add a few notes. I don't recommend going for "Hercules" until you get to level 9 or 10, or else it will be too bad.
I don't see what you mean. I did it when my profile was level 2 or 3 at most, on level 1 of the game. Your character doesn't actually level up like in an RPG; you don't get more damage or HP, so it's not like it really gets any easier as you go. It's just an unlock system for towers, perks and perk slots (maximum of 4 tower slots and 3 perks btw).

Strongly disagree. Shotgun with Tesla secondary is the most versatile and much easier to use than the sniper. The charge shot taking off a third of a Soaker's life in mere seconds is a vital ability.

Lastly, playing in co-op does not make the game much easier. When playing with others, the game actually becomes more difficult as it will adjust the difficulty based on the amount of players in the game. This is at least what I noticed from experience with a friend.
That's correct. Enemies gain 125% HP for each player in the game, and keep in mind that the 360 version currently has a glitch where that extra HP does not drop back down if a player leaves. So never leave your party open if you're playing with 1-2 people, or randoms will pop in, get bored and leave you with tougher enemies to deal with.

Thanks Guys! I'll get working on modifications right away.

I did "Hercules" at level 3 as soon as I beat Facility - Park (just replayed it twice). Adding strategy now, forgot to do it earlier.

Strongly disagree. Shotgun with Tesla secondary is the most versatile and much easier to use than the sniper. The charge shot taking off a third of a Soaker's life in mere seconds is a vital ability.

I found the game unbelievably easy when using Autumn's Rex + Tesla and focused completely on AoE control from distances to avoid accidental deaths. With the exception of a Boss unit my Core gets untouched the entire game so far.

I found the SiMo (sniper) highly problematic in large mob control & Hawkins (Shotty) is actually my second favorite, with the only problem limited to range and flexibility along a large map.

Our three split opinions definitely gives credence to the variability of the class system in this game. I'll try to provide a section expanding possible Solo vs. Team builds.

Good work so far, but I will say right now that if you want this to be a good guide, you have to record the tower placements (screenshots/video) used to beat each level with 5 feats on.

Currently focused on solo'ing all the levels with 5 Feats on, guide's still green and I was surprised no one else posted one yet and/or why this game as seen so little cover. It's a fantastic game with very little player traffic and external sources to pull info upon

Our three split opinions definitely gives credence to the variability of the class system in this game. I'll try to provide a section expanding possible Solo vs. Team builds.
My two cents on that is that there's no drawback if all players use Hawkins, and that the best team setup is to have just two competent players, so you can be in two places at once without giving the enemies absurd amounts of HP. We found no real benefit in having a sniper (maybe because ours wasn't very good, I don't know) and the rocket launcher girl is terrible for team play, as her knockback affects friendlies as well. Creates too much chaos. Having someone play as Skye could be benifical, as she can really soften up Soakers for the Hawkins players. (If you guys don't know, Soakers take more damage for each shot you put into them, so the best way to kill them is to charge up your shotgun, switch to your Tesla and empty it, then immediately switch to shotgun and fire the charged blast. This will do the max amount of damage possible in a short time, and this can be improved by having a Skye player firing away at it.)

As for perks, I've run the gamut and tried pretty much everything, and finally settled on three perks for every level: Phoenix, because you will die no matter how hard you try not to, the one that gives you 40% extra weakspot damage, because you should always be aiming for the weakspot and that really helps with Soakers, Hoverers, Heavies and Bobbleheads (who are nothing but weak spots) and the perk that heals your core, as a little bit of insurance. For the longest time, I thought it was a better idea to have something that boosts my player (I used the 20% slowdown on enemies I fire at) instead of healing the core, but once I finally switched it ended up making all levels easier than the player-boosting ones did.

Any perk that has to do with boosting towers was broken in the first PC release of the game, and since the XBLA version is even older, I think it's safe to assume that they're broken for us too. None of them are all that great anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix, because you will die no matter how hard you try not to, the one that gives you 40% extra weakspot damage, because you should always be aiming for the weakspot and that really helps with Soakers, Hoverers, Heavies and Bobbleheads (who are nothing but weak spots) and the perk that heals your core, as a little bit of insurance.

Completely agreed, this is the best overall Perk selection for virtually all levels with all FoS activated.

For those who more experienced can sub Phoenix for another damage perk or Rymdskor as double jumping seems to cause almost all hits in the game against you to miss (exception: boss w/ nuke laser). that and faster movement speeds helps tons for map control.

My two cents on that is that there's no drawback if all players use Hawkins, and that the best team setup is to have just two competent players, so you can be in two places at once without giving the enemies absurd amounts of HP. We found no real benefit in having a sniper (maybe because ours wasn't very good, I don't know) and the rocket launcher girl is terrible for team play, as her knockback affects friendlies as well. Creates too much chaos. Having someone play as Skye could be benifical, as she can really soften up Soakers for the Hawkins players.

I'd agree that Hawkins and Skye are the best team players to use overall, whereas SiMo and Sweet are more for specific maps on solo.

I found it extremely easy to solo the final level with SiMo to counter Bosses and Bobbleheads without the need for Phoenix.

And as for Sweet, she made full FoS - Bio Labs cake with her massive splash coupled with Phoenix's 50% damage boost.

As always, thanks for your advice guys!

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate the videos and the guide has been useful, but I am struggling with the Feats of Strength stages solo since the videos come mostly from the PC version and have different amounts of Tower bases each wave and get a higher cap for total towers.

I feel your pain bud

Unfortunately the xbox version doesn't seem to have a significant amount of players within it to tailor guide videos. I can confirm that any level in which I have posted suggestions are ones that I have personally managed to complete FoS solo.

That doesn't make it any easier, and the sections that I have left blank or have a difficulty higher than 7 should best be completed with at least two players.

The guide is far from completed yet as I'm still trying to figure out methods to solo all levels. Once I have managed to do that I will post suggested tower/maze layouts aside from the listed videos.

It should also help to note that having more towers doesn't really make that much of a difference so much as placement and which specific ones to upgrade

Just for Confirmation, Its not that Train Station isn't needed for the achievement (Badass), You just need 15/16 stages completed with 5 FoS. So If you completed the Intro with 5 FoS you can skip one of the other stages.

Thanks bud I'll make sure to include that in the guide

Edit: Also thanks for the tip on Train station, I'll be adding personal videos of the xbox version over the upcoming month!

Thanks bud I'll make sure to include that in the guide

Edit: Also thanks for the tip on Train station, I'll be adding personal videos of the xbox version over the upcoming month!

No problem, but don't thank me for the Train Station solution, I just pointed you in the right direction, it was DROGTURIST actually came up with it.