Challenges resetting after "replaying mission" ...

Goregutts

*EDIT* After completing game on Veteran you must "Rewind Story" back to Misson 1 and play through again. When you rewind it will load up on the difficulty you beat the story, so make sure you lower the difficulty down to Recruit. Also, if you miss a challenge, either restart mission or complete and just rewind back to that mission again as soon as you complete it. This will ensure that none of your challenges ever get reset.

Okay so I beat the game on Veteran and happened to knock out like 50 challenges. I know your challenges reset if you hit "New Story" but when I go to "Replay Missions" or whatever the mission select is called... I choose Recruit and load up the first mission. I beat it completing a few of the challenges I needed. Now I go and check Career Record and the fucking challenges that I already did are no longer counted for... What the fuck? Someone PLEASE explain what I'm missing because I'm not trying to go back through and get all 10 challenges again on each level when I spent literally hours of time netting some challenges on Veteran. I have not heard or researched anyone else with this problem. :confused:

Edited by Goregutts
Problem solved.

I really don't know why that happened man. All I know is that these challenges are annoying and are really turning me off from the game. What were they thinking with this? I honestly hate this CoD.

Yeah dude same here... I'm not a huge fan of Black Ops I or II but I like to play each game of the series and nab all the achievements. This one is definitely a pain in the fucking ass. I'm spending way too much time with these challenges and even that bastard easter egg achievement for Zombies mode was annoying. I definitely don't like this one, gonna look forward to next year for CoD!

Hah as we speak my fucking horse gets stuck and will not let me dismount. This game fucking sucks. I've had to restart each mission at least once due to the game being fucking ignorant.

Edited by Goregutts

I really don't know why that happened man. All I know is that these challenges are annoying and are really turning me off from the game. What were they thinking with this? I honestly hate this CoD.

I started visiting this site because I thought I was all about achievements and the level challenges in this game have made me realize that achievements aren't as important to me as I thought. Maybe, if I could skip all the "real-time cut scenes" that make multiple playthroughs unbearable, I would consider trying to do these. Just way too boring to even consider wasting time with.

Edited by WalterWhite

I started visiting this site because I thought I was all about achievements and the level challenges in this game have made me realize that achievements aren't as important to me as I thought. Maybe, if I could skip all the "real-time cut scenes" that make multiple playthroughs unbearable, I would consider trying to do these. Just way too boring to even consider wasting time with.

Tell me about it! So annoying with all the cut scenes in the beginning of missions, in the middle, and you can't even choose to skip most of the time.

i read some where that if you rewind the story back you lose your challenges like you would if starting a new game.not 100% sure as i done my veteran playthough. then just done a new story on recruit as i was going for good karma and ship shape. and knocked out most of the challenges. then had to use mission replay to do the ones i had left some of them i had left were a pain. as if i f***ed up and it check pointed i would then have to do it again. exapmple the turret on the roof in cordis die for 30 drone kills. i had to play the mission to get there just to not get enough kills then it check points on me and i had to do it all again.

QFT

Treyarch and their un-skippable, game-play interrupting, interminable cutscenes ruined this game.

On Odysseus? I'm convinced the ONLY reason you have to walk up and use the scanner to enter the interrogation room is so your controller doesn't power down.

Going back to do the Challenges is a complete waste of time for the simple reason that load times and cut scenes make it time prohibitive to do. Especially when the challenge you need to complete is at the very end of the level and if you don't complete the challenge AND hit a checkpoint, then you end up having to start all over again. The campaign and MP simply aren't compelling or enjoyable enough to waste time on trying to earn silly achievements.

i read some where that if you rewind the story back you lose your challenges like you would if starting a new game.not 100% sure as i done my veteran playthough. then just done a new story on recruit as i was going for good karma and ship shape. and knocked out most of the challenges. then had to use mission replay to do the ones i had left some of them i had left were a pain. as if i f***ed up and it check pointed i would then have to do it again. exapmple the turret on the roof in cordis die for 30 drone kills. i had to play the mission to get there just to not get enough kills then it check points on me and i had to do it all again.

Rewinding your story doesn't reset the challenges, only "replay mission" on a different difficulty, and "new story" resets them. That's how it worked for me at least. This game is really a big waste of time. I'm glad some other people are in the same boat and I'm not just pissed and complaining. Clearly this game was a disappointment for many, or was this expected? Haha. I'm not sure if I'm surprised that this game is sketchy.