Rooster Teeth vs Pewdiepie

Which do you prefer?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter
    • Pewdiepie

Basically, when did this ever become a point of contention?

I was watching the newest RT Let's Play of Fuel and the comments were pitiful. It was literally an argument about which was better and not about the actual video. So...

1) Which do you think is better? Why?

2) Why do people feel the need to rant on for hours over their favorite Internet personalities? My view is just watch what you like and don't watch what you don't like.

Just to establish it, I personally prefer RT.

EDIT: Let's avoid a flame war, they are both popular on YT for their own reasons. No need for pointless fights.

Edited by GeneralCurry726

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're both good for their own things. I personally am subscribed to Pewdiepie, but I tend to not watch a lot of his videos only because a lot of the games he plays doesn't interest me, but when i find one, I anticipate watching the whole series. That's how I am with a lot of Youtubers, not just him. i enjoy roosterteeth, I really should sub to them, haven't thought to, and every video ive seen by them I've thoroughly enjoyed. Just concerned they'll override my sub feed. :p

Oh, and a lot of Pewdiepie haters are gonig to arrive soon, just because i know they will. Be warned.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ice and Zomb

Anybody is better than PewDiePie.

Have no idea how a guy that just screams at games has the most subscribers on Youtube. It's like the people that like RWJ. I just don't fucking get it.

Edit: Just checked.

Yup, he has about 10mil subs and just passed RWJ. Why.

This was the troll's main point. 10 million subs vs 5 mil. He seemed to not understand that RT has multiple awards, the #1 rated gaming podcast on iTunes, and a successful convention held every summer. Like I said, fans can be a fan of whomever they want, but he was just going off for no reason. The commenters didn't understand DON'T FEED THE TROLL :p

I've loved Rooster Teeth since the early RvB days, not because of their more recent Let's Plays. Their podcasts are fun to listen to as well.

But LtMkilla is fucking amazing. His RE4 walkthrough is fucking brilliant. His channel is fucking golden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hIIfLDJpsc&list=PLE702C67BEC5C418B]Let's Play Resident Evil 4 HD Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

PewDiePie sounds familiar, is he the one that played a whole lot of Slenderman?

PewDiePie sounds familiar, is he the one that played a whole lot of Slenderman?

He's that guy who screams like a girl or a fucking idiot just for attention and makes nothing else but penis related jokes in almost every video.

Isn't Game Grumps kinda the same thing? Quite a few of the episodes have them screaming at the game or generally ignoring it. Their commentary is put at the forefront and the game is just the background.

At least they're clearly having fun playing the game. You can't say they aren't doing it for the money because they've done numerous promotional videos they've done and that they monetize their videos, but you can't say that's all they're in it for, and they can be amusing at times.

P.S: Also sauce please on that image

Isn't Game Grumps kinda the same thing? Quite a few of the episodes have them screaming at the game or generally ignoring it. Their commentary is put at the forefront and the game is just the background.

At least they're clearly having fun playing the game. You can't say they aren't doing it for the money because they've done numerous promotional videos they've done and that they monetize their videos, but you can't say that's all they're in it for, and they can be amusing at times.

Agreed. RT is a huge production company. The Achievement Hunter division is a small part of their productions. They make money all over the Internet.

PewDiePie fans start shit with everybody. Whether they're actually for real or they're just people faking it as a trolling tactic, it's still annoying. Apparently every gaming channel out there is copying PewDiePie, or they get compared even though they're not the least bit similar.

also relevant somewhat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFbVKL-Meo0]Adults React To PewDiePie - YouTube[/ame]

PewDiePie fans start shit with everybody. Whether they're actually for real or they're just people faking it as a trolling tactic, it's still annoying. Apparently every gaming channel out there is copying PewDiePie, or they get compared even though they're not the least bit similar.

also relevant somewhat

Yeah I agree. This was a point that bugged me. This kid kept complaining about copying and mainstream vs non-mainstream. I figured I'd be able to vent some aggravation here :p. It's a tiny bit sad that people on the Internet can't bring up points that annoy them like adults, and have to instead argue for no reason.

also relevant somewhat

Or if someone DARES (jokingly ofc, im probably on watch for being subbed to him :p) say 'brofist' in their video, it's automatically makes them a pdp copier. Fills me with pity lol's.

Or if someone DARES (jokingly ofc, im probably on watch for being subbed to him :p) say 'brofist' in their video, it's automatically makes them a pdp copier. Fills me with pity lol's.

I've seen arguments about PewDieFaggot on videos that have nothing to do with him.

Usually some off-hand comment like "I like PewDiePie better," or "fuck this I'm going back to idolizing PewDieBitch" and then the people that hate him all band together to spam reply that one commenter. And then PewDiePie is all the comments section is about for the next week. And I imagine that actually helps out PewDiePie by bringing more publicity to him while not convincing any of his fans to leave his side.

I can't decide who's more retarded, the blind haters or bandwagoners, or the people that subscribe to him. I keep seeing the same comments and same replies, and same arguments regurgitated over and over by different people.

PewDiePie is the new Fred, basically. In very many ways. I generally refer to him as Gaming's "Fred". And look at where all that hate landed Fred. He got his own show on Nick.

There's some sort of contest? If so, RT wins simply because I never heard of the other one until just now...

Nah, contention means fighting over an issue. The comment made in this specific video was Geoff saying something along the lines of "keep up this degree of comedy and well be as good as Pewdiepie." I myself don't know the wording because it was a 2 hr video and I haven't gotten to that part in the video yet.

I've seen arguments about PewDieFaggot on videos that have nothing to do with him.

Usually some off-hand comment like "I like PewDiePie better," or "fuck this I'm going back to idolizing PewDieBitch" and then the people that hate him all band together to spam reply that one commenter. And then PewDiePie is all the comments section is about for the next week. And I imagine that actually helps out PewDiePie by bringing more publicity to him while not convincing any of his fans to leave his side.

I've seen one I honestly never thought I'd see one at...a death metal song. I mean seriosuly...

Don't get me started on Fred! Or the annoying orange! Holy shit. I feel my brain cells committing suicide as soon as I hear either of those.

Uh..ya. Didn't even know Rooster Teeth went beyond Red vs Blue until like a month ago and I have no idea who the other people/other thing is. So it's a tie.

Their Achievement Hunter videos are very well made. Everything else comes to preference. They have a very wide variety of videos though and they are all well made. The commentaries aren't everyone's cup of meat but to each their own. They don't have an asshole fanbase army though.

RoosterTeeth is one of my favorite YouTube channels at the moment. So if I can explain what I personally see as good I'll try to do that in the most unbiased way possible. *shrug*