Angry Birds coming to XBLA

Elit3 m0nkey

The totally awesome iPhone/Android game Angry Birds is coming to XBLA (also PSN and WiiWare).

The first Social Gaming Summit took place yesterday in London and the first Virtual Goods Summit is taking place today.

Among the speakers is Rovio CEO Peter Vesterbacka, and he's been dropping a few morsels of information about the company's hit game Angry Birds.

Various Twitterers have been passing the information along, and amongst the juiciest news is that the forthcoming Angry Birds multiplayer will resemble 'old school Worms', though the details still haven't been hammered out.

On the subject of the future, Vesterbacka rules out Angry Birds 2 but hints that a future 'surprise' iteration of the game will tell the story from the pigs' point of view. He also reveals that Angry Birds will be coming to PSN, Wii, and Xbox 'for starters.'

Vesterbacka has takes a sly dig at Zynga's FarmVille: 'Instead of selling 100 crappy farm animals we decided to create one Mighty Eagle'.

Full Story: Pocket Gamer

BTW: It has also sold over 6 million copies on the iTunes App Store! No figure for the Android version but it is free so it wouldn't really matter now would it :p

As much as I like Angry Birds (and many other iPhone games for that matter) it just seems weird selling these games on XBLA. I'm sure it will probably sell decently but I'm definitely not getting it if it gets up to say 400 MS Points.

I agree with the price, however it will be more expensive simply cause it costs more to develop for the 360 than the iPhone. At least they add MP.

I think it depends what work they put into it, at 400MSP it might be expensive as it is, but if they added more to the game then it might easily be worth 400MSP.

It also depends on how much a dev kit is for XBLA. I know a dev kit for the iPhone is only $100 and I am assuming that it is much higher for XBLA.

• 1 month later...

This is a fun game that I have on my iPhone but I wouldn't pay for it again just to have it on my xbox, well technically I didn't since it's jailbroken. Here a vid for all you angry birders out there LOL.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMltvlqEM54]YouTube - Angry Birds Peace Treaty[/ame]

Edited by TuMaBlAcK