I constantly die...what the heck am I doing wrong?

Draco719

If I sneeze the wrong way endless hordes of troops bare down on me. I can never tell which direction they are shooting from, and i'm dead in no time. If I try to hide, they find me. If I run, they just shoot me from miles away with perfect accuracy. The game states during a loading screen that if I kill everyone my alert level will go down. However, trying to do so results in endless reinforcements showing up, eventually leading into an attack helicopter showing up. I never have enough ammo to take everyone on. There are like hundreds of these stupid villages I have to 100% and each one ends up taking like 10 mins because of bullsh*t battles or having to respawn 2 or 3 times. What the hell am I missing? Why is everyone acting like this difficulty is a breeze??

Im grabbing as many health upgrades as I can find. I also maxed out the M16.

• 4 weeks later...

I see you've now completed this but I'll post for anyone that was in the same boat as us.

This game was becoming incredibly frustrating for me for the same reasons, I was sitting around 20% complete in Hardcore difficulty but was still nowhere in the story missions due to constantly dying despite getting many health upgrades. I think I was just playing the game incorrectly, as I barely died at all in the story missions once I started spending money and abusing the black market- the mission I was stuck on was Mountain Rescue where you have to destroy four vent stations in one checkpoint, but this became a breeze once I started deploying the $100,000 GV-104 Razorbacks to take out everything outside the stations and then running inside with a couple explosives.

Money is abundant in this game so spend however much it takes inside the story missions, if you die you'll recover any money spent since the last checkpoint. When you're in the open world just increasing your completion, everything saves regardless so you can abuse deaths and run straight to whatever needs doing even if you're only getting one bit of progress per death.

Edited by Didi Mau

• 3 months later...

Yes exactly! The black market is your friend. Use it before any missions, use it during missions. Just always use it.

I found I had to keep moving. I kept trying to treat the game like a typical third person shooter but the more I tried to move around the easier things became. Grapple around, pull any enemy with your grapple gun. Even just to give you a second to think. Grab them from high ledges, attach one to a wall and let him hang there while you plan your next move.

The explosive charges are very helpful, chuck in a few at small groups of enemies or at whatever it is there you need to blow up and set them all off at once. Strap some to a car and drive in, bail out with your parachute and blow it.

The game wants to make every encounter a chaotic mess so try and work with that. I know that's not going to work everybody but I shelved this game for years because I just couldn't handle even the smallest encounters and now I'm having a lot more fun. I still die a lot and restart but a lot of the time it's because I stopped moving or just made a dumb mistake.

I also recommend grinding for parts and upgrading your weapons at the black market. There's too many of them, they're way too spread out but it's worth it in the long run.

Fly around and fuck shit up. Collect items to upgrade weapons, armor, health and vehicles from the get-go. Then fly around some more and keep fucking shit up.

I 100%ed the game last week. Grinding to 75% on Hardcore difficulty was a pain in the ass, but I took my time and always made sure I had a helicopter nearby and some grenades to get me out of sticky situations.