All City Tournament grade question

dotty

After you've beaten a stage, your highest score and its corresponding grade appear to the right on the stage selection screen. I've been playing Hydro's first stage a lot mainly to get the Dance Master achievement (got it just now, woot), and my highest score for it is past the one-millionth mark, but its accompanying grade is only an A. I've gotten several A+s on it before, but with lower scores.

My question is, will my A+ for it still count in the long run towards the All City All Star achievement, or will it not since it's not being shown where my high score/grade is?

If you got the A+ it should be showing up underneath the score. You might want to go back and try the stage to make sure it you got it.

I see what you mean now, it just happened to me too. I guess we'll have to wait and see until someone does it.

Edited by PalmettoPanda

In this case, what I'm thinking is that if you want your A+ to stick, you're going to have to beat your high score and hope that it's accompanied by an A+. Would've been nice if your A+ still counted if it's not what's being shown.

After you've beaten a stage, your highest score and its corresponding grade appear to the right on the stage selection screen. I've been playing Hydro's first stage a lot mainly to get the Dance Master achievement (got it just now, woot), and my highest score for it is past the one-millionth mark, but its accompanying grade is only an A. I've gotten several A+s on it before, but with lower scores.

My question is, will my A+ for it still count in the long run towards the All City All Star achievement, or will it not since it's not being shown where my high score/grade is?

No. You must get A+s on ever stage. Also, now that you have over a million you need to not only a+ the stage, but beat your current score in order for the level to be truly A+

The number ranking appears to relate solely to your performance during a rhythm section. If you play through a level with nothing but perfects for the dance sequences you will recieve an A+ every time regardless of score. However the statistics the game saves for a level are based on the highest score you've been able to achieve, regardless of rank, so if you get a massive score with only a rank of A because you missed a few button prompts, then that run will be the one recorded. If you want to lock in an A+ for the level you need to beat your current best score with a run that doesn't miss a single beat for it to overwrite. The best strategy is to instantly retry a level the second you miss a prompt so as not to corner yourself with an unbeatable highscore while trying to increase your rankings.