Hunter battles on superhero mode?

prob gonna hate me for this but heres wat i did

first hunter(i tried for the achievement without using B(o on ps3) it took me a few tries but i did it (on superhero) then after that 2 came took me few attempts but i pulled it off just use B as much as u can as soon as they start doin that BIG EMP field thing just swing out of there until it dissappears ano it sounds obvious but yanno

These things sucked on super hero, where you have to take down three. The trick I used was continuing down the same street. The Hunters will constantly run out in front of you, and sometimes you can string two or three attacks in a row from them.

And when one stops to do that orb of death thing, just do everything you can to get away. This was the only really frustrating part of the game for me.

I did exact same for the first one. So does just shooting web shots at them eventually destroy them without having to web zip onto them?

Shooting webs just slows them. I didn't bother, as it leaves you open to their attacks. Just use the method I used above, and wait for the web zip symbol to appear to attack.

I hated that mission/quest aswell... I just kept swinging like a retard until I saw the RB to Web Rush/Deactivate (usually appeared few times in a row). The best you can do to evade the "beam of death" (it kills you in superhero mode, or almost kills you if it only hits you) is to hold down RB and web rush far away (best bet is to have web rush skill upgraded to level 3 so you have more time selecting a target). If one web rush is not enough and you think you are about to get hit by the beam -> web rush again in the same direction.

First time fighting the Hunters got me really frustrated, also playing my first playthrough on Superhero. Then after that fight Seekers will randomly fly around the city, but instead of killing the Seekers. I would let them fully scan me so I can fight a Hunter on purpose. And they give you a fair amount of XP.

Tips: (That has helped me on these fights)

If your not going for the 'Clean Victory' achievement, which is to 'Defeated a Hunter without using your Web-Shooters', pressing :bbut:, then the Hunter fights might be a much harder. But if your not going for the achievement, then the fight will be much easier.

Just get as close as possible and spam your :bbut: to slow down the Hunter with your Web-Shooters. It works best if you have your Web Rush ability upgrade. Also stay in area that has high buildings and other smaller buildings surrounding. That way you have enough space to swing and dodge the 'giant blue electric force bubble' the Hunters use from time to time. The Hunters take 4 hits to destroy, 3 Web Rush hits, :rbbut: and then 1 Deactivate hit, :rbbut:. You can sometimes get 2 or 3 hits in a row on one Hunter, depending on how quick your reactions are.

Hunters aren't to hard after you get the hang of it, just constantly keep moving, use your Web-Shooters to slow down the Hunters :bbut:.

Edited by MeonOner

It's actually pretty easy, don't bother shooting web. It just leaves you open for an attack. All you do is keep going in the opposite direction as them and they'll zoom right past you to get infront of you again leaving a big opening for you to attack with LB. ANd never try to fight them up high, I stay down low so they get bottled up between buildings.

It's actually pretty easy, don't bother shooting web. It just leaves you open for an attack. All you do is keep going in the opposite direction as them and they'll zoom right past you to get infront of you again leaving a big opening for you to attack with LB. ANd never try to fight them up high, I stay down low so they get bottled up between buildings.

I thought that with the web shooting, not 100% sure but after so many web shots I think they started doing that ball of death stuff again

• 4 weeks later...
I thought that with the web shooting, not 100% sure but after so many web shots I think they started doing that ball of death stuff again

They do that ball of death no matter what you just need to get out fast using web rush, then you just keep going in the opposite direction they're heading and they'll try to get in-front of you again which will instantly promote you to press ( RB ) if you're fast enough.

Edited by xxJUSTINxx

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just completed this on Superhero difficulty, and after getting my ass handed to me by the first hunter enough times for me to howl in rage and quit, WITHOUT the additional hunters to contend with, I figured out the best strategy. These are the main points.

1. NEVER web ball on swing arc, only when rushing in straight lines. Just opens you up to damage and you don't need this to catch a hunter.

2. NEVER web swing. While it can save you briefly, eventually the hunters will trace you and take you down.

3. Stay LOW. Keep the hunters boxed in between low structures. They'll keep ahead of you so long as you web rush.

4. ONLY web rush. Gives you time to assess where the hunters are, zip above, below, or to the side of their fire, and ensures you successfully webslam.

5. ESCAPE blue energy orb flares the moment you see them by WEB RUSHING into the air and away. If they get you, generally, you're toast, and even if you survive, another hunter will pick you off.

6. Web rush in STRAIGHT LINES. The hunters will stay in front of you. If you're under pressure, then turn 90 degrees and continue on straight. The hunters will again find their way in front of you, giving you the opportunity for an instant web slam.

7. When in doubt, REVERSE your swing direction. You'll either instantly have the chance to web slam a hunter, or they'll find their way in front of you quickly.

Instead of a frantic swing-fest involving you having your ass handed to you real fast, you'll find this approach very slow-paced, giving you time to think, plan, and react. First attempt using this strategy, I beat the section. The only damage I took was from a single orb flare where I didn't quite get out of range.

Good luck!

Edited by Kievah