A better guide for Dynasty/RTG Achievements?

Boarder-X

Being new to football games in general, trying to follow the guides on here is not working out in the least bit for achievements like: Win Heisman Trophy, Win BCS, Freshman Phenon, Earn invite to BCS from non-BCS conference, Have #1 recruiting class, Win 1st year SEC. I mean in RTG once I start the actual ncaa season I cant even get my player on the field...and the main problem I have following the guides is knowing when to SIM and when not to.

Anyone care to give a few step by step detailed guide to any of these achievements to help me understand this? Or know of any better explained guides to getting any of these?

• 3 weeks later...
Being new to football games in general, trying to follow the guides on here is not working out in the least bit for achievements like: Win Heisman Trophy, Win BCS, Freshman Phenon, Earn invite to BCS from non-BCS conference, Have #1 recruiting class, Win 1st year SEC. I mean in RTG once I start the actual ncaa season I cant even get my player on the field...and the main problem I have following the guides is knowing when to SIM and when not to.

Anyone care to give a few step by step detailed guide to any of these achievements to help me understand this? Or know of any better explained guides to getting any of these?

THE GUIDE is straight forward....... u might need to know the rules and how to play the game first then u can attempt to go for the achievements. some achievement are easy and some can be a pain in the ass .. like the mr february,pipeline achievements can be attained by luck or actually having to take time and trying to get it....... just learn the rules and the gameplay then attempt to play this game and go for achievements.....

• 2 weeks later...
Win Heisman Trophy, Win BCS, Freshman Phenon, Earn invite to BCS from non-BCS conference, Have #1 recruiting class, Win 1st year SEC.

Well, the only one of those I've managed to do is the Heisman, and I ended up having to play the first 3-4 games with Florida and run up some rediculous yardage in the first two quarters (after that, if you keep trying to score you get massive negative sportsmanship points). After the 1st half was over I'd super sim on offense, and do the offsides off trick on defense to quickly get back to offense. This way the QB would still be scoring some yardage and I wouldn't get dinged the negative sportsmanship. IIRC I was getting around 300-350 yards a game, and maybe half of that was yardage I actually scored myself (the rest was from super simming the rest of the game).

After the first 3 games or so, you should be the leader for the heisman, if you are then at that point save and resort to simming. I'd sim a game, if I was still the leader for the heisman I'd save, otherwise reload and try again. PITA for sure, but it works.

One other tip though, before you start the dynasty edit the Florida QB to be a freshman. This way you get both the "win the heisman" as well as the "win the heisman as a freshman" achievements (I forgot to do this, so I have to win the heisman all over again).

THE GUIDE is straight forward....... u might need to know the rules and how to play the game first then u can attempt to go for the achievements. some achievement are easy and some can be a pain in the ass .. like the mr february,pipeline achievements can be attained by luck or actually having to take time and trying to get it....... just learn the rules and the gameplay then attempt to play this game and go for achievements.....

Actually, no, the guide is not straight forward. It's full of vague descriptions which for those new to football games are confusing and aggrivating.

Compare the guide for this game to the one for Madden 10 where it breaks things down into extreme detail. Much easier to follow.

There's also information in the road map which is simply bogus. For example, I downloaded Stophj's roster with FIU's players maxed to 99 and haven't even come close to getting the Heisman with those players, even when I've played games and scored 300+ yards a game with the QB.

Edited by Pedle Zelnip