My (Totally Awesome) Song Thread!

JonnyC VT

Seeing as how I'd like to show off my work in the studio, the forums may get awfully full of my posts with new song information, so I've consolidated all of my featured custom songs in one post. I'll update the thread regularly when I've added to my database of songs.

Song 1:

Made to Bend (By-Jonnyx360a)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48l3M5RlTJs]YouTube - Made to Bend GHTunes[/ame]

Made to Bend is a song I wrote for my real band Endfinity a few years ago. I had to remix it quite a bit since we're an acoustic rock group. I had to write an entirely new chorus lead part since on the real song we thought that having a lead in the chorus may take away from the bassline. So the song is essentially a cover or remix of a song I already wrote, so not entirely original. If you're interested, my band Endfinity has a myspace page...http://www.myspace.com/Endfinity and you can hear the acoustic version of the song there!

Song 2:

Tribal Warfare (By-Endfinity Jon)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSyKpEILPos]YouTube - Tribal Warfare GHTunes[/ame]

Tribal Warfare is an entirely original piece I built around a drum idea that featured odd kick placement and lots of intro tom work. It's heavily muted guitar riffs and blast beats really make it sound like a battle march. No solo in this one, but the song should be challenging enough for everyone to enjoy!

Song 3:

Oxymoron (By-Endfinity Jon)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJfqkXyK4yU]YouTube - Oxymoron GHTunes[/ame]

For Oxymoron, I knew I didn't want to write "just another" hard rock song, so I decided to use a hip-hop kit complete with record scratches complimented by heavy and fast riffs. The result is (of course) hip-hop hard rock and it's a very interesting sound. It may not be the hit that my others are for the reason being that it's more unique and experimental, but I'm very proud of this one...May be my favorite!

Song 4:

Persistance (By-Endfinity Jon)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGd9mvdngXk]YouTube - Persistance GHTunes[/ame]

Before you say it...I know it's spelled wrong, I wanted to work the word 'stance' into something, and that's what I came up with. And speaking of the title, the word 'persist' really is what this song is about. I gave up on it twice, deleted the entire first 2/3 and then had to come back in a re-record it entirely. It took a long time to get this one rolled out in the fashion I wanted, but I really think it was worth the wait! This is a real song I wrote, but you won't find it on our website, it was an instrumental from the start and I was really excited to get one of my solo's note for note in the game...What are you waiting for, download it!

All feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I would love to know what you think of the songs and collect your ideas for new ones I may do. I don't do covers since they get pulled from the service so don't ask me that one.

Alright! Let me know what you think!

Love,

~Jon

Edited by JonnyC VT

hmmmm.... i like 'em!

The only thing i didn't like was the repetitive guitar slides (green blue orange chord) for the rhythm guitar in oxymoron. But i was extremely impressed! Also quick question... How do you change the key of each note you compose?

My newest song in GHTunes is up. The tune is called Persistance and I'm really proud of this one. I've worked on it for the past week on and off, even deleting half of it, only to work it back in. It's been a love-hate relationship but I think I got it right in the end.

Help me get this thing up the charts, I worked really hard and would love your download and rankings!

The link is above in my initial post!

Check it out, and as always, leave me some feedback so I know how to better serve you in the future...haha!

Thanks guys,

Jon

To answer your question, I'm a guitarist that is pretty familiar with the fretboard, so I know how to transcribe what I want to play, to what I want in the game, however...the frustrating part is how limited the system is and how it's a "so close but so far away" sound.

I mean, I can make anything, but quality-wise, stuff boarders on decent to good at all times and I don't think there's a way around it. It's tough to make things sound well, let alone, play well.

The newest one I'm working on is a song I wrote for my band Endfinity. A lot of my friends are into our music and wanted me to make this song in Guitar Hero for them, so that's my reason for doing an Endfinity song. The song's called Wings and it's on our page if you want to get an early peak at what it may sound like once it launches in GHTunes:

www.myspace.com/endfinity

Thanks,

~Jonny

• 4 weeks later...