The "How I Got My Achievements" Thread...

JonnyC VT

First and foremost, I'm aware that some of the questions that will be posted here already have answers in different parts of the board. I just wanted a quicker, easier, and tidier solution to questions regarding what song you played and what difficulties to get certain achievements. This will be the place where people can lend a hand to those in need and shed some light on what song they attained a certain achievement. If this post is "pointless", or I upset someone for trying to narrow down these questions to a more fitting thread, I apologize and ask to delete my thread. If not, than rock on, and let the questions/help begin.

To start I'm just going to run through the achievements in the game that need to be attained 'in song' and then I'll continue to edit this post with solutions, songs, and difficulties as people begin to post their comments.

• Scoremonger Award: Get an 8x Multiplier.

1. There are too many songs to list. Keep it simple, get a 4x multiplier going and activate star power to get the 8x multiplier. Any of the first Tier songs on easy should be a no-brainer.

• Perfectionist Award: Get 100% Notes Hit in a Song.

1. "Surrender" on Easy Difficulty. Shouldn't be too tough on any of the first Tier songs on the easy difficulty level. {ThiefLordGarmer}

• Dimebag Darrell Award: Get a 100 Note Streak.

1. "Surrender" on Easy Difficulty. {JonnyC VT}
  2. "Possum Kingdom" on Easy Difficulty. {JonnyC VT}
  3. "Heart Shaped Box" on Easy Difficulty.{JonnyC VT}

• Eddie Van Halen Award: Get a 500 Note Streak.

1. "Heart Shaped Box" on Easy Difficulty. {Fonkey Monkey}

• Yngwie Malmsteen Award: Get a 1000 Note Streak.

1. "Freebird" on Medium Difficulty. {Spot 2009}

• 100k Club: Get 100,000 Points in a Song.

1. This can be done playing a number of songs across any difficulty. If you're just going for this achievement, stick to easy songs in the first couple Tiers, but this can also be attained across most, if not all songs.

• 200k Club: Get 200,000 Points in a Song.

1. "Jessica", on Medium Difficulty. {Spot 2009}

• 300k Club: Get 300,000 Points in a Song.

1. "Freebird", on Medium Difficulty. {Cross Fire}

• 400k Club: Get 400,000 Points in a Song.

• Champagne Room V.I.P.: Get 500,000 Points in a Song.

• Joan and Lita Award: Get a 100 Note Streak in Cooperative.

• Joe and Steven Award: Get a 500 Note Streak in Cooperative.

• Keef and Mick Award: Get a 1000 Note Streak in Cooperative.

1. "Monkey Wrench", both parts on easy. {JonnyC VT}
  2. "Heart Shaped Box", both parts on easy. {Spot 2009}

• Lennon and McCartney Award: Get an 8x Multiplier in Cooperative.

• Page and Plant Award: Get 100% Notes Hit in Cooperative.

1. "Trogdor", on easy difficulty. {Davey Pitch}

• 200k Pair: Get 200,000 Points in Cooperative.

• 400k Pair: Get 400,000 Points in Cooperative.

1. "X-Stream", guitar on hard, bass on easy. {NameA}
  2. "Message in a Bottle", guitar on medium, bass on medium. {JonnyC VT}

• 600k Pair: Get 600,000 Points in Cooperative.

1. "Freebird", both on medium. {Davey Pitch}

• 800k Pair: Get 800,000 Points in Cooperative.

1. "Freebird", rhythm on hard (92%), lead on medium (96%). {BThumme}

• Millionaire Pair: Get 1,000,000 Points in Cooperative.

I will edit this post when people start submitting their answers to how they got each achievement. Please post song and difficulty and if you're able to, more details into the note percentage you hit or anything else useful.

This was what I was looking for in the achievement guide. It hasn't been updated in a while (that I can remember), though.

For 1,000 note streak (solo), I recommend Freebird on medium. It has a total of 1,200 notes (includes those simultaneous red/green blue/yellow notes). I also got 200k in it. I think there's an easier song to do it in (maybe Jessica or Message in a Bottle on easy/medium; I forgot).

For 500, Heart-Shaped Box is easiest.

I'll continue to update the above post at my convenience. If you're suggestion hasn't been added to the list, that means I haven't gotten around to it just yet.

I'll continue to edit the list until all categories are full with useful information. I'll continue to accept new posts and info as long as it's feasible. Eventually the top post will all be filled in and comments won't be as needed. I'll probably then stop adding to the above list. As long as all posts are helpful and not duplicates, I'll add them.

Eventually when this is all said and done, new members will come to this thread and get all the info they need...

So the list is coming along good. We still need some suggestions for some of the ones that haven't been answered yet.

Yngwie Malmsteen has only one solution so far but I'm wondering if anyone else got it on a different song.

We also need suggestions for 400k Club, Champagne Room VIP, Joe and Steven Award, Page and Plant Award, 600k Pair, and Millionaire Pair. If you got these achievements on something that is easy or worth mentioning, post it here and I'll add it to the list.

For 1,000 note streak (solo), I recommend Freebird on medium. It has a total of 1,200 notes (includes those simultaneous red/green blue/yellow notes).

1241 notes to be exact

/pedant mode off

For the 100% notes on co-op, my friend and I did Trogdor on Easy, it's a short song and assuming you have any kind of skill at the game you should get it first or second attempt.

You can get the 600k pair on Freebird on Medium as well, both will need to hit around 98% though. I've topped out the score at 377,000 for my own score on medium on lead, so if people can get around that high then the rythym player wouldn't need to score too highly.

For the 1mil pair, apparantly you can only do it using two songs - Jessica and Freebird, both on Expert.

Yup. You gotta do Expert on both Jessica and Freebird to get 1,000,000 points.

Jessica: ~100% and 97% (1.0mil)

Freebird: ~95-7% each (max score is around 1.3mil)

I'm not so sure about that.

K_dog and I got 900k with both of us playing Freebird on hard. I was having a bad night so I wasn't hitting them as I usually do. I'm pretty confident we could have gotten 1mil.

The easiest song to get 400k on is definatly X-stream, just use star power for the 3-note chord part, and you'll have well over 400k.

For 500k the easiest way would probably be the same song, you must hit every note though, and avtivate star power at the absolute right times.

Whether or not you can get 1 million on Free bird hard/hard has not been proven yet, me and a friend got 960k playing hard/expert though i'm sure if you nail the song 1 million on hard/hard is achievable for sure.

The easiest song to get 400k on is definatly X-stream, just use star power for the 3-note chord part, and you'll have well over 400k.

For 500k the easiest way would probably be the same song, you must hit every note though, and avtivate star power at the absolute right times.

Whether or not you can get 1 million on Free bird hard/hard has not been proven yet, me and a friend got 960k playing hard/expert though i'm sure if you nail the song 1 million on hard/hard is achievable for sure.

Word. X-stream is the way to go for 400k. I just did it with relative ease. 412k to be exact. And I missed like 10 notes in total and missed one or two star powers. When you use the star power on the 3 note chords you get major points haha

• 3 months later...

ok another way one could get the Yngwie Malmsteen award is by playing X-Stream on Expert with a total of 1337 or Hard with 1303 or something like that lol, but if you go on expert you can net a high of 514000+ if your good with repitition, moving from 3-note chords between them, and good star power judgment, i netted my friend the 100-500k clubs, 100,500, and 1000 note streak, and perfectionist in one song that lasted maybe 4 minutes so this is a really easy song just you mess up and your screwed lol

if you 100% this song on hard can you get 500k?