Neverending Trials - Help

Crash Geom

I posted some videos here.

Basically just post the time of the scenarios you need advice on. And hopefully everyone will help out and we can all get this achievement!!! I realize this video might not show all of them so feel free to post another video if it doesn't show the obstacle.

1st video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS0pCAz37-0]Trials Evolution DLC - Neverending Trials (Skill Game) : Over 100 Rounds!![/ame]

2nd video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf9-c6_DsTA]Neverending Trials (Skill Game) - Trials Evolution Riders of Doom [/ame]

3rd video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9HSctz1RM]Trials Evolution: Riders of Doom - Neverending Trials Updated Score [/ame]

Edited by Crash Geom

My question is on 1st video Level 2 - 00:30. How is he able to make this jump without moving slightly back on the platform (or any of the rounds for that matter.) If I do what he did, I can never get enough speed which probably explains why I'm having so much trouble on the harder rounds. Is there a special way of accelerating that I don't know about.

Also 1st video Level 3 - 00:34. This is the basis for every single hard round. Just how do you do that? I've never completed that round doing his method. I can do it sometimes when I stop on the floating diagonal block and leaning towards the ramp and hoping I stick.

3rd video: 00:42 - One with the slightly elevated green horizontal block that you need to bunny hop to. Then hop to the red horizontal block also slightly elevated. How do you get this one? I've landed it only 5% of the time, but can never practice it so it pisses me off.

And the blue-green pattern.

2nd video 1:32 - I can never get enough speed to hit that last jump.

Edited by Crash Geom

My question is on 1st video Level 2 - 00:30. How is he able to make this jump without moving slightly back on the platform (or any of the rounds for that matter.) If I do what he did, I can never get enough speed which probably explains why I'm having so much trouble on the harder rounds. Is there a special way of accelerating that I don't know about.

That's a basic bunny hop at the start. The Banshee is great for this, it has really soft suspension compared to the Phoenix which makes bunny hopping alot easier.

Also 1st video Level 3 - 00:34. This is the basis for every single hard round. Just how do you do that? I've never completed that round doing his method. I can do it sometimes when I stop on the floating diagonal block and leaning towards the ramp and hoping I stick.

It's all about controlling the landing, you have to land with your rider leant back, while (mostly) holding left on the analog stick aswell, AND having the prefect angle with the surface you're landing on. This comes natural after lots of playing! Some jumps you better just stop in between to make it easier, but if you feel really comfortable you can do it in one movement. Some jumps, on the other hand, you HAVE to do in one movement. But that's for the more advanced levels further in.

3rd video: 00:42 - One with the slightly elevated green horizontal block that you need to bunny hop to. Then hop to the red horizontal block also slightly elevated. How do you get this one? I've landed it only 5% of the time, but can never practice it so it pisses me off.

Bunny hop, raise the front of the bike in the air, the bike will get caught on the edge of the platform a little bit before the back wheel and momentum will slam the front wheel on the platform, then you lean forward and the back wheel will also pop up. This also comes very natural after playing the hard or extreme tracks.

And the blue-green pattern.

2nd video 1:32 - I can never get enough speed to hit that last jump.

Also not that hard, you can do this one from a standing still start. Lean back, accelerate so the front wheel comes up, and when both wheels are in line with the surface lean forward. But if you lean forward too much or too long (holding LS forward too long I mean), the back wheel will come off and you'll lose traction.

I hope that helps a bit! Most of these this you'll learn by just playing the single player tracks a lot.

On a side note, I don't really understand why you have to pass SIXTEEN levels if the achievement description clearly says FIFTEEN? I just passed 15 rounds, ofcourse they give me a near impossible one on round 16 which I haven't got before and I fail miserably. FML. :mad:

This also comes very natural after playing the hard or extreme tracks.

I hope that helps a bit! Most of these this you'll learn by just playing the single player tracks a lot.

On a side note, I don't really understand why you have to pass SIXTEEN levels if the achievement description clearly says FIFTEEN? I just passed 15 rounds, ofcourse they give me a near impossible one on round 16 which I haven't got before and I fail miserably. FML. :mad:

Sad to say but the part about you saying "It comes natural" doesn't seem to apply to me. haha I've beaten most hard and extreme tracks and can't seem to pull it off consistently in this course.

That helps a lot! Thanks. Yea I've just generally using my method to get through which is basically accelerate and not do anything technical unless I have to. That's good enough to get gold, but now that I have to get platinum, I have to learn all these other techniques.

That makes sense now about clearing 16 rounds = Reaching Round 17 = "Pass Level 15 in Neverending Trials." The stupid counter starts at 0 instead of 1. That sucks. But sounds like you'll get it soon!

Edited by Crash Geom

You know what would be cool if someone made all these "trials" in the Track Editor with checkpoints at the appropriate spots and called it Neverending Practice. That would be great for everyone!

Yeah, I've mentioned it here on the forum somewhere aswell. Kind of like Euphoric Fusion's training tracks for Phoenix and Scorpion. One can only hope someone takes the time for this. ;)

I finally got it! :Bounce:

Got 4 difficult levels but managed to keep it together and pass 'em all! Failed on level 17 though, but who cares :p

Is there any way to delete that skill game from the game? I kinda never want to see it again, lol.

Full 600G! :drunk

Congrats! I'm working on the last 3 achievements. Do you think I should get this out of the way first or the all Plat one? Definitely doing Hard Track Trial last.

Congrats! I'm working on the last 3 achievements. Do you think I should get this out of the way first or the all Plat one? Definitely doing Hard Track Trial last.

Definitely try to get platinum first on all tracks, you'll learn a lot of the techniques required if you want to speedrun a track!

Yeah get all platinums done first, that is what i did. Then have a bash at the tournament and see how low you can get your faults until you get fed up and then swap between both the neverending trials and the tournament one. I got 8 faults as my best on the tournament and round 13 as the highest on never ending trials. I have a feeling i will get the neverending one eventually as long as keep going at it but the tournament one has too many places where i can easily mess up.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a question on Level 27 – 1st video, around 3:42:

When he does the shortcut over the yellow obstacle, he climbs up over the edge with some technique. I've seen people doing that in a lot of custom ninja tracks.

How does this work? It seems like he's holding down RT while leaning forward, plus tapping LT repeatedly. I tried to pull this off a few times, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I think this would help a lot, since I mostly fail the harder levels, because I don't get enough speed to jump over a gap.

When he does the shortcut over the yellow obstacle, he climbs up over the edge with some technique. I've seen people doing that in a lot of custom ninja tracks.

How does this work? It seems like he's holding down RT while leaning forward, plus tapping LT repeatedly. I tried to pull this off a few times, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I think this would help a lot, since I mostly fail the harder levels, because I don't get enough speed to jump over a gap.

Instead of holding down the gas try tapping it also.

You're right, but most people using this technique tap X with their thumb really fast, it's easier than tapping LT. Just hold the gas, lean forward and tap like crazy. You do need a little bit of rotation at the beginning before you can make this work though. You can try this out on a flat surface, lean back and then lean forward while holding the brake so you get on your front wheel, and then when you tap the brake (X or LT) while holding RT the back wheel will go up alot more and eventually you'll dive head first into the ground :)

You're right, but most people using this technique tap X with their thumb really fast, it's easier than tapping LT. Just hold the gas, lean forward and tap like crazy. You do need a little bit of rotation at the beginning before you can make this work though. You can try this out on a flat surface, lean back and then lean forward while holding the brake so you get on your front wheel, and then when you tap the brake (X or LT) while holding RT the back wheel will go up alot more and eventually you'll dive head first into the ground :)

Uuh nice man, I totally forgot about the X and A buttons. Well it's definitely easier using X. Thanks for all the tips! Helped me a lot :)

I also think that you have to hold RT the whole time, from jump to landing. I usually let go RT, when I'm in the air during a jump and the trick doesn't seem to work when I'm doing that. Not 100% sure about this though.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the worlds top ranked riders, aBzxMaGiiC, has started making tutorials on Youtube. He just uploaded his first one, The Bunny Hop. It's in French, but he shows the movement of the thumbsticks at the top of the screen while slowing down and pausing the game footage. It'd be a good idea to download those tutorial tracks he's using (by user Spir0x) and start practising! It's not exactly as easy as the built-in tutorials ;)

The Bunny Hop: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jufGceTcJxI]Trials Evolution - Tutorial #1 - Le Bunny Hop - YouTube[/ame]

Ive just uploaded Part 1 of my Neverending Trials practice track on track central. Im still working on the rest. Check it out on the track central on Trials Evolution, under gamertag A DELI MEAT or track name Neverending Trials. The track editor limits you to only using like 22 checkpoints, and since i put a checkpoint at the beginning of each section i was only able to make 21 sections. So I will be uploading the next parts soon. I tried to make each section as close to an exact match of the original as i could. I think it worked quite well. Message me on xbox live at the above mentioned gamertag if you have any questions. Please download and rate if you can. Im trying to get this track and the upcoming ones to be easier to find so the more downloads and high ratings the better. Im working on more sections right now and will upload the next 21 sections soon. It took me about three days to make the first one so they should be rolling out about that quick, so expect the next set of sections soon. Thanks to all who download and rate.

A DELI MEAT