Xbox won't read CDs

jamieCR7

I am having some trouble ripping songs from a CD onto my hard drive, as when I enter my disc into the disk tray and close it my 360 isn't registering it. It just reads "Open tray" as if there was nothing in the console at all. I am having no problems reading games by the way, they work just fine.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

For me, that was the beginning of the end for 2 of my Xbox's...

If its the same problem - It starts occasionally or just for certain cd's/games, then eventually it stops reading anything and just says 'open tray' no matter what you put in.

Good old MS reliability! :woop:

Thanks for the heads up. I think I need a new Xbox anyway, but this is a little grim. Another £200 out of pocket soon enough.

I am having some trouble ripping songs from a CD onto my hard drive, as when I enter my disc into the disk tray and close it my 360 isn't registering it. It just reads "Open tray" as if there was nothing in the console at all. I am having no problems reading games by the way, they work just fine.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this is happening? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I have the same problem as yourself. My 360 is and has been always layed on its side, so what i do is when its reading a game is tilt it towards its upwards position and it reads it fine :D Another tip is to lay it in its flat position and push down a little on the casing where the disc drive is and that sometimes solves the problem :p Ghetto 360 fixes but they work.