Has ANYONE beat Halo 2 LASO?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because from what I am hearing with all the extra skulls it seems pretty impossible.

Has anyone got this achievement yet?

I certainly haven't!

No one on XBA or TA has gotten it.

It's pretty much unobtainable because I'm not so sure anyone can SLASO it, and Co-Op LASO is effectively SLASO anyways because according to some theories on the achievement, Halo 2's checkpoint system only rewards checkpoints when shields are at full charge. In Co-Op play of LASO, there's never one moment where both players have full shields because of Black Eye + Streaking + Master Blaster…which means Co-Op LASO turns into a no checkpoint SLASO run.

Let's add to this that Assassins + Angry + That's Just…Wrong makes missions like Outskirts, Metropolis, Delta Halo, Regret, or any mission with Jackal Snipers, a total bitch to complete. Not being able to see Snipers? Them having even quicker reflexes than normal? Them shooting their Bam Rifles even more frequently? LOL. Nope.

It's as if 343 didn't even bother taking the checkpoint nuance into consideration...

The fact that the Halo 2 LASO playlist was released like this is just further proof that developers don't test their games like they used to anymore. It should have never been released like this unless 343 could complete it themselves - and it's pretty much a guarantee that no one there could beat it. Did no one even try to complete it from 343 before they released the game?

I am sure 343i knows the stats on this and will adjust it accordingly once all the other glaring problems have been sorted out. I couldn't imagine their goal was to make this essentially unobtainable. How many of you have tried it yet? I sure haven't.

I have been trying in coop and solo since the first HOUR it came out. Granted, I took breaks to get other achievements done, but this playlist is just ridiculous at the moment. I would not recommend anyone even try this in its current state. It steps over the boundaries of a good, do-able challenge into a world of just stress control. This is coming from a guy who's managed to beat all the other Halos in LASO and complete half of the speed run achievements thus far.

The fact that the Halo 2 LASO playlist was released like this is just further proof that developers don't test their games like they used to anymore. It should have never been released like this unless 343 could complete it themselves - and it's pretty much a guarantee that no one there could beat it. Did no one even try to complete it from 343 before they released the game?

Well said. Give us the damn scarab gun or something, because this achievement is beyond ridiculous. Unless something changes this will be the first Halo I don't 100%, kinda bums me out.

Well said. Give us the damn scarab gun or something, because this achievement is beyond ridiculous. Unless something changes this will be the first Halo I don't 100%, kinda bums me out.

Scarab's kinda overkill, since y'know, it's the goddamn Scarab gun.

Envy however, should be active. It's a skull that's actually in the base game; why would you deactivate it during a run that was originally having all the in-game skulls on?

I attempted it, managed to get to the second level, its just not possible right now, and im not willing to risk throwing my Xbone threw my window by continuing to try.

I just sold the game and used to cash to get Mordor and Watch Dogs used, ill buy back the MCC around the time Halo 5 launches, by then it should be fixed.

343i needs to be made aware of this problem.

It's not about being too hard anymore, it's simply not possible.

I was watching one of the very few who have ever completed LASO Halo 2 the other day and he basically said in it's current state, it cannot be done. He also mentioned Envy was essential, as well as sputnik to even think about completing this.

He also mentioned the checkpoints system for LASO is hugely dependent on having full shields, which isn't possible with the current skull set for solo or co-op.

It's such a sad day, 343i claimed to have paid homage to speedrunners and LASO players, but fundamentally ruined the experience for them, first patching many glitches, which were meant to stay true to the original and now this. What a mess. I've heard story's that players aren't even getting achievements for completing LASO.

How can we get this message across better though lol.

343i needs to be made aware of this problem.

It's not about being too hard anymore, it's simply not possible.

I was watching one of the very few who have ever completed LASO Halo 2 the other day and he basically said in it's current state, it cannot be done. He also mentioned Envy was essential, as well as sputnik to even think about completing this.

He also mentioned the checkpoints system for LASO is hugely dependent on having full shields, which isn't possible with the current skull set for solo or co-op.

It's such a sad day, 343i claimed to have paid homage to speedrunners and LASO players, but fundamentally ruined the experience for them, first patching many glitches, which were meant to stay true to the original and now this. What a mess. I've heard story's that players aren't even getting achievements for completing LASO.

How can we get this message across better though lol.

HaloWaypoint. Not XBA.

It's such a sad day, 343i claimed to have paid homage to speedrunners and LASO players, but fundamentally ruined the experience for them, first patching many glitches, which were meant to stay true to the original and now this.

Mind sharing those glitches that were patched? As far as I've seen, every glitch in the speed running videos works in the current game except for super bouncing (which they said may have been unintentionally fixed) and sword cancelling (which was never in the final state of Halo 2).

As far as I can tell, nothing was changed between the final build of the original games and the versions we saw in Halo MCC. One could argue sword cancelling was removed but even then, 343i said they would ship the games as they ended and in this case sword cancelling was fixed before Halo 2 ended.

Mind sharing those glitches that were patched? As far as I've seen, every glitch in the speed running videos works in the current game except for super bouncing (which they said may have been unintentionally fixed) and sword cancelling (which was never in the final state of Halo 2).

As far as I can tell, nothing was changed between the final build of the original games and the versions we saw in Halo MCC. One could argue sword cancelling was removed but even then, 343i said they would ship the games as they ended and in this case sword cancelling was fixed before Halo 2 ended.

Sword flying which was huge in speed runs isn't in the game anymore. They didn't do it on purpose, just the ramp up to 60fps made most glitches nonexistent.

Please respond to me when you have done your homework.

SWORD cancelling was present in the current version of Halo 2 and is also in the vista 60FPS version, which is the engine H2A's campaign is ran on.

Sword flying originally was patched out.

They also have removed the skulls on pickup and infinite ammo glitch, which is what made the game do-able in a good time.

Also the AI is very different, so much so that the speedrunners have given halo2A campaign a new category as it is so different.

LASO Playlists

1. We have heard community feedback and reviewed LASO related achievements. As a result, we are going to a more classic set of skulls to use for these achievements that reflects what it means to have Legendary All Skulls On for each playlist. We look forward to seeing LASO enthusiasts conquer a gentler Halo 2 Anniversary in the near future.

Halo: CE Anniversary LASO Playlist

Halo 2 Anniversary LASO Playlist:

Halo 3 LASO Playlist:

Halo 4 LASO Playlist:

• Black Eye
            • Blind
            • Catch
            • Cowbell
            • Famine
            • Fog
            • Grunt Birthday Party
            • Iron
            • IWHBYD
            • Mythic
            • Thunderstorm
            • Tilt
            • Tough Luck

The Legendary Master Chief Saga playlist has also been updated to include the same set of skulls.

Note: Completing this playlist will award the achievement for completing The Master Chief Saga, but will not award the achievements for individual LASO completion or the LASO Master achievement, as that specifically requires completing each individual LASO playlist.

• Black Eye
        • Blind
        • Catch
        • Cowbell
        • Famine
        • Fog
        • Grunt Birthday Party
        • Iron
        • IWHBYD
        • Mythic
        • Thunderstorm
        • Tilt
        • Tough Luck

• Anger
    • Assassins
    • Black Eye
    • Blind
    • Catch
    • Famine
    • Ghost
    • Grunt Birthday Party
    • Iron
    • IWHBYD
    • Mythic
    • Sputnik
    • That’s Just…Wrong
    • Thunderstorm

• Black Eye
  • Boom
  • Eye Patch
  • Famine
  • Fog
  • Foreign
  • Grunt Birthday Party
  • Grunt Funeral
  • Iron
  • Malfunction
  • Mythic
  • Recession

Here is the final list of skulls required for each LASO playlist:

Cool, so now it's just unbelievably difficult, which is leagues better than the whole "impossible" thing they had going on before.

It also means you should do Halo CE LASO immediately if you havent. Because Iron will make it much harder co-op than its current state. A trade-off I suppose for Halo 2 LASO being fixed.

And yeah they still need to put Envy back into Halo 2 LASO. It isnt LASO without all the original skulls. But at least its something. Sputnik will help.