Quest - A Cure for Vampires

Sci0n

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

this is in reply to the vampire cure thread. i don't know what so many of you have against vampires. they are awesome. you can be stronger and faster without the burden of leveling up. it truly makes oblivion more enjoyable and gives a new outlook to the game. plus, the quest to cure the vampirism takes forever. so that should be a sign to just stay a vampire and enjoy it. feel free to respond to being a vampire in a positive way in my thread: Vampires Rule

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=3407173#post3407173

Edited by CMpunk17
extra

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am really enjoying my Vampirism, actually. I noticed right away when I had contracted the disease (polymorphic hemophelia), but I let it go because I wanted the opportunity to try out vampirism for a bit and I'm really glad I did. I love, love, LOVE Hunter's Sight!!!

I am doing Dark Brotherhood right now and the vampire skills have really helped with those quests, and my plan is to complete Thieves Guild as well before curing myself. You just can't beat the vampire skill boosts and Hunter's Sight power for stealthy missions. And as long as you feed once a night (I like to feed on my sleeping Guild members lol), there are no negative effects!

• 4 weeks later...

I've gone off the idea of vampirism in oblivion. Look fantastic but when i tried to cure myself, I had the PS3, with no updates, so of course I couldn't cure myself because of the glitch in the game. I'll stick with my stealthy ninja thief thanks :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank you soo much. I HATE being a vampire. You have to come out at night, because you will die when you're in sunlight. You have to constantly feed on people. I never even asked to be one. I spent the night in an inn one night a woke up and said that I had some dream and that I became a vampire.

I don't mind it that much. It's pretty cool, because you get a bonus to all your stats, and as long as your at 25% vampirism it's manageable and the sun doesn't kick your ass. I'm bummed that you don't get the badass invisibility power till you're basically 100% vamp. At that point if you get caught outside you are as good as dead. In any event I find it great for people who like to steal. I can carry a shit-ton, and even if I'm about to get maxed out, wait about 12 hours, and bam, more strength added. :D

I'll cure it eventually though, it is a bit annoying having to feed every night, but then again, I just usually pickpocket the person and feed, when I do my nightly felon activity :D

NO vampires rule - especially full blown vampires 100% in the shivering isles, where the sunlight dont effect you

I was having issues with the last part of the Thieves Guild quest, so I just waited in the area where I was having trouble, till I was 100% vampire. Was still a bit of a challenge, but much easier with the stat bonuses. I almost did have a game-breaking issue occur when I fast traveled to a town, had a bounty and got caught in the sun. Sought refuge in a cave, that didn't work out to well, as I had just dumped all my crap in my house. So my only alternative was to run for the town and get arrested or hide, all while narrowly escaping death. For awhile I thought I was going to have to reroll. Funny thing is I had 3 saves up to this point and got rid of them prior to this happening. Less learned...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
What, how do you become a vampire as I want to avoid it, or is it to get an achievement

No achievement for becoming a vampire. You can catch the disease when fighting vampires or through the Mehrune's Razor DLC quest. The Dark Brotherhood also has an opportunity to instantly become a vampire (very clear choice, not something that just happens). You can get the disease cured at chapels. Just make sure you check your effects and get cured when you fight vampires. You have 72 hours after contracting Porphyric Hemophilia to cure it like any other disease.

Edited by Shinobi273