Diary and Weapon Upgrade Guide with Maps

SRH KRONIC

Search with telekinesis everywhere near... It wont dissappear cause i remember i missed 1 in Herphasteus that was in a corpse as well and after searching for a while, i found it, so maybe go to the next area (Neptunes Bount) and return, and see if it "repawns".

No, the doors lock there is no way back into his operating room. There was a report about this before, about door being locked. Never heard of the body disappearing though.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the doors lock there is no way back into his operating room. There was a report about this before, about door being locked. Never heard of the body disappearing though.

Really??? oops my bad... thank god you were here to clear things... i knew of the diarys in Herphasteus and Welcome that you couldnt come back, but never heard of this one...

nah the doors arent locked i can go in and out of there just no body in it the ones hanging in the air are still there but they have nothing on them

nah the doors arent locked i can go in and out of there just no body in it the ones hanging in the air are still there but they have nothing on them

Hmmm... i will load my save tomorrow and check, cause i never heard of doors locking but again, i didnt missed that diary and didnt went back for it so i cant tell... but i'll check on 1 of my saves.

Edit... so they were not close after all...

Glad telekinesis helped.

Search with telekinesis everywhere near... It wont dissappear cause i remember i missed 1 in Herphasteus that was in a corpse as well and after searching for a while, i found it, so maybe go to the next area (Neptunes Bount) and return, and see if it "repawns".

holy crap! so i go ahead and get all the rest while finishing the game just in case. once done i go back to the medical place and go in there with the telekenesis and search with it. mind you i have spent about 30 minutes in this room before, and out of nowhere it sucks a body up and it had the diary on it. thanks alot for the idea i got 1000 off one play through now if i can make myself go again.....

You made a major mistake!!!!!!

You forget to tell us you can't go back to daries 18, 19, 20 on Rapture Central Control!!!! Becuase you didn't tell me this, i wasted 5 hours trying to find these, but now i can even get them all becuase your guide which i was following never said you couldn't go back to these! fix this right away :mad:

I see other people have this problem too. Your guide is great though, just some minor mistakes

You made a major mistake!!!!!!

You forget to tell us you can't go back to daries 18, 19, 20 on Rapture Central Control!!!! Becuase you didn't tell me this, i wasted 5 hours trying to find these, but now i can even get them all becuase your guide which i was following never said you couldn't go back to these! fix this right away :mad:

I see other people have this problem too. Your guide is great though, just some minor mistakes

Well thats on faqs as well, how many questions/ comments are you going to make that are already there??? Seriously check it.

And not also is on faqs but those diarys were mentiones in tons of posts and threads so everyone who entered ussually on forums could see, i do agree the guide must be updated for the guys that are finishing until now (and didnt see the old threads), you could also send him a private message so he updates this, but if you had checked Faqs this wouldnt happened to you or everyone for that matter.

Well thats on faqs as well, how many questions/ comments are you going to make that are already there??? Seriously check it.

And not also is on faqs but those diarys were mentiones in tons of posts and threads so everyone who entered ussually on forums could see, i do agree the guide must be updated for the guys that are finishing until now (and didnt see the old threads), you could also send him a private message so he updates this, but if you had checked Faqs this wouldnt happened to you or everyone for that matter.

Sorry, but that is kind of a jerk thing to say. What about people who thought this guide was accurate and thus believed they didn't need to check an FAQ?

I wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I also wanted to avoid multiple playthroughs if I could help it, so I checked the achievement guide but didn't go reading every FAQ and forum thread I could find. Unfortunately, due to those missing asterisks I was one single audio diary away from the Historian achievement.

Sorry, but that is kind of a jerk thing to say. What about people who thought this guide was accurate and thus believed they didn't need to check an FAQ?

I wanted to avoid spoilers as much as possible but I also wanted to avoid multiple playthroughs if I could help it, so I checked the achievement guide but didn't go reading every FAQ and forum thread I could find. Unfortunately, due to those missing asterisks I was one single audio diary away from the Historian achievement.

Well 1st of all this game is so good you need to be a retard for only playing it once, i played the first one without any guides or anything to enjoy and gain whatever achievements i could, well i played it on hard cause i knew it was an achievement, then on my second playthrough i checked this guide and for my surprise i realized i had almost every diary without the guide so i just returned for the ones i needed, then on my 3 playthrough i did the brass balls long time from the first 2 playthroughs, i enjoyed all of them, this is an awesome game not some random shooter.

2nd if i got all the diarys that couldnt be found after you passed a certain part of the game, its cause they were hard to miss if you look around the rooms, the ones on Herphasteus were almost impossible to miss, while the ones on Welcome were easy as long as you explored, again this was mentioned so many times it was hard to miss it once you checked the guides.

Im not saying it shouldnt be updated, it should but if you checked the 1st page of Faqs this wouldnt happen to you or anyone and the reason i said that way to the other guy was cuase he made a thread for a question that was on Faqs as well, and as it says: "Look here before asking questions".

Hi, how do you get back into the control room for diary no 18 on Hephaestus, it's the last one on that level i need.

Map and instructions are great by the way.

also any idea on what you need to get the Research PHD achievement, i have maxed out on all the research ones on the list but what else is req'd

Hi, how do you get back into the control room for diary no 18 on Hephaestus, it's the last one on that level i need.

Map and instructions are great by the way.

also any idea on what you need to get the Research PHD achievement, i have maxed out on all the research ones on the list but what else is req'd

If you already passed this part im sorry to say it but you cant retrieve it, its one of the few you cant come back for.

**The Vita Chamber (Suchong) - Control Room, on the desk to the left of the entrance.

1. Mind Control Test (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.
  2. Baby Stratus (Suchong) - Control Room, on the table beneath the clippings and photos.
  3. **This one must be collected before leaving the control room, you can not return to this location.

The research phD requires to research all the splicers, big daddys, little sisters, security cameras, robots and turrets (this 3 dont give individual achievements but count towards phD)... if you have all the other research achievements then check on those 3 to see which ones are missing.

Thanks for the help and advice, appreciate it.

If I restart a new game and forget about the rest of the diaries, as soon as I get that one in the control room will the acheivement unlock ?

its possibly the turret ones i need. thinking about it.

Nope you have to collect all the diaries in the same playthrough, just be careful about the 2 diarys in welcome to rapture and the diaries in the control room in herphasteus those are the only ones you cant retrieve.

For the research remember that if you have complete the research of some kind on top a message will say: "Subject research complete, photo not taken."