Big money during Assassination missions

Crimson Ridley

Please note: To see some real benefit, don't invest a small amount as what you would get back would be easy enough to get through store robberies and security vans. Instead, perhaps wait until you've finished the story so you have a lot of bank, then do this. The results would be a lot harder to achieve through other means.

Second note: You will however need to complete the first Assassination ("Hotel Assassination") before you can progress the main story past the "Blitz Play" mission. This can cause a small predicament if BAWSAQ isn't working for you, as you'll learn about further down. In this case, you may need to forfeit the money you could make from the first mission, or wait for BAWSAQ to be up and running again.

Third note: Refer to THIS post while following my tips to make even more money!

When you come to do the Assassination missions with Franklin (after "Fame or Shame"), make a Quick Save before you start each mission.

The stock markets are found on the internet. Click Money and Services, and then LCN or BAWSAQ. Click Markets to find a list of companies currently on the market. 2 of the markets we will be using will be on LCN, while the other 2 are on BAWSAQ. (Please note: BAWSAQ requires an internet connection, as the stocks are linked to Rockstar's Social Club. If the SC is down, BAWSAQ will also be down. LCN is an offline stock market and can be used even if the SC isn't working.)

Lester will hint at buying in to these companies during the mission briefing, but once the mission starts you won't be able to switch characters, meaning only one can reap the rewards.

Before the first mission, pour all your money from each character in to BetaPharmaceuticals (found on the BAWSAQ page, which relies on Social Club actually working). When the mission has finished, head to a safehouse and sleep for about 3 days (sleeping passes time by 6 hours, and I'd recommend saving on a new slot or just pressing B at the save screen), and then sell all of your stocks, because your return will be huge. A really good tip is to check the percentage the stocks are at every game day, and if they're on the rise save on a dedicated new slot. Do that everytime it goes up and you can be as greedy as you like because you can just revert back if things go wrong.

On the second mission, pour all of your money in to Debonaire Cigarettes, and then do the same as last time. On the third mission, buy in to Fruit (found on BAWSAQ again). On the fourth mission, don't buy anything. As soon as the mission is over, spend everything on Vapid as it's just tanked. Keep an eye on it and sell when it goes high again, and then on the final (5th) mission buy in to GoldCoast.

You will make huge money, as you will be taking out key targets in their rival companies, making their stocks plummet, while yours will increase exponentially.

You may be able to raise the stocks even further, but after the 3rd day they just seemed to stay at around 81.55% for me. Your milage may vary, of course. I recommend only saving a couple of times up to the 81% mark, and not any further. After this the stocks may go down and you could lose a lot. If they do, reload your save and sell at 81%

This also gets you Trading Pure Alpha if you haven't already unlocked it.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the first mission, pour all your money from each character in to BetaPharmaceuticals (found on the BAWSAQ page, which relies on Social Club actually working).

This in itself is a challenge. I have about 1.5m tied up in the BAWSAQ which has been down for the last 2 days for me.

I did that too. Lester will actually tell you what to expect with the stocks when you start these missions.

Yeah, but like I said once the mission starts you will only be able to buy the stocks with the current character. You can fail the mission and then buy the stocks too, if you like.

thanks for this thread man

i just did my first assassination mission and ended up with a nice 6-figure payday with michael and trevor

franklin didn't have much to start with but i still made about 30k profit with him

:woop:

i will probably hold off for a while before i do anymore though, want to build up a nice bankroll with each character first

Edited by wexsuvslim

I've been trying to do this but the damned Social Club... :( I haven't been able to go into BAWSAQ for some time. I'm actually waiting until I complete the game to finish these missions. My hopes are that I'll have more money, and that the Social Club and BAWSAQ will be consistently working by that time.

Yeah this is great, i made about 40million per character using the stock market! Friendly tip, leave an assassination mission until youve completed the main missions, you will see why!

I literally don't have much money and I want to buy properties but shall I wait till iv finished the main missions then start the assassinations mission as will earn more $$$$$$$$

I was just about to post something similar. It is a great away to earn money. Be sure to do so for all of your characters.

You will have to wait until the mission is over to switch to them but if you do it as soon as the mission ends they'll still make a lot of money.

For example one stock had already went up $28 when I switched to Michael. When I switched to Trevor I was immediately sent into a mission but once completed a couple days had past and the stock was now up over $120 from the original price I paid as Franklin.

So when doing those assassinations missions be sure to switch to your other characters as soon as you can and buy the stock for them as well.

As the OP mentioned it does taper off after a few days so if you switch and get dumped into a mission just check the stock page and see where it has been trading.

Also to the OP thanks for pointing out the stocks to purchase in the later missions as I will just buy those before starting them as Franklin.

Edited by Wreckon Dracgon

Hmmm, if the stock prices can be manipulated by destorying competitors or specific cars shouldnt Vapid always be at a high or low since they make the cop cars? Personaly i'd think the stock in Vapid would go up alot over time since LSPD will certenly have to replace alot of cars during the game. And if everyones actions affect the stock as well then it should be even higher.

Hmmm, if the stock prices can be manipulated by destorying competitors or specific cars shouldnt Vapid always be at a high or low since they make the cop cars? Personaly i'd think the stock in Vapid would go up alot over time since LSPD will certenly have to replace alot of cars during the game. And if everyones actions affect the stock as well then it should be even higher.

This is what I posted a few hours ago and nobody seemed to bother reading it.

"My stocks in Vapid just rose 147%. 188k return on a 76k investment."

Does anyone know if the Lifeinvader stock ever goes back up?

I've literally got hundreds of thousands invested in it at an average stock price of about $5 per share. If it goes back up to where it was before that first mission for Lester, my three guys will each be pretty damned rich.

But so far the stock just keeps dropping (though much more slowly now). If this were a real company, the company would have either gone out of business or would have started bouncing back by now.