Large RP Boosts In GTA Online Races

Crimson Ridley

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck doing this for 9.5 hours lol. Just play missions and do different races.

Might not be quite as fast, but at least it doesn't make you want to slit your wrists.

You see, that depends on the kind of friends you have to keep you entertained.

If you think this is boring, you've obviously never played an RPG and had to do some serious level grinding. For that matter, you've probably never spent any length of time grinding many achievements. This is nowhere near as bad as some other stuff.

I was much happier grinding this than I was listening to Max Payne complain about Passos over and over again during my NYMHC run. :p

Started doing this at Rank 18 or so, and now that I'm 25. Three-Bit Gangster achievement didn't pop. Anyone have similar issues?

Attain another level or complete a mission. The game doesn't quite know you're rank 25 yet. Just like the platinum medals; I had to get 31 for the achievement to pop.

On a side note, I'm rank 83 after starting about two weeks ago at rank 31. It's intense. Basically on the home stretch before Ghosts comes out and breaks my concentration.

You see, that depends on the kind of friends you have to keep you entertained.

If you think this is boring, you've obviously never played an RPG and had to do some serious level grinding. For that matter, you've probably never spent any length of time grinding many achievements. This is nowhere near as bad as some other stuff.

I was much happier grinding this than I was listening to Max Payne complain about Passos over and over again during my NYMHC run. :p

I think we can then assume he passed on Seriously 3.0 :)

All depends on how bad you want it I guess...

As much as i enjoy getting experience from criminal records, i have went from level 32 to 92 in two weekends from doing Down The Drain. It has decent experience and brings in a lot more money then criminal records. Me personally would rather earn my money fast and my exp fairly fast, because after level 120 does it even matter? Crazy thing happened last night, i saw a level 302 in a race and almost shit myself, thinking how the hell is that possible. I think with how long the game has been out, im ok with where i stand. So if you want a race that gives you good money plus good exp, Down the Drain is my first choice and then The Commute. both only like a minute and 30 seconds for 1 lap race.

A friend showed me this last night. We were on the Criminal Records track using 2 laps, we had both 2 and 3 players. We used super, sports and muscle, didn't try anything else.

Here's the trick to the XP bonus

You have to cross the start of the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host needs to cross first. You can cross anywhere within that 43rd second. I swear sometimes it happened at 42, but the guy who showed me insisted on 43 seconds.

You will not see the RP at the end of the race summery screen but when you get the bonus, your RP meter will fill up, we were getting about 1 bar per race or 1/10 a level. I'm sure this changes depending on your level but I don't know for sure.

A friend showed me this last night. We were on the Criminal Records track using 2 laps, we had both 2 and 3 players. We used super, sports and muscle, didn't try anything else.

Here's the trick to the XP bonus

You have to cross the start of the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host needs to cross first. You can cross anywhere within that 43rd second. I swear sometimes it happened at 42, but the guy who showed me insisted on 43 seconds.

You will not see the RP at the end of the race summery screen but when you get the bonus, your RP meter will fill up, we were getting about 1 bar per race or 1/10 a level. I'm sure this changes depending on your level but I don't know for sure.

The trick has nothing to do with how many seconds it takes to cross the line. If you pay attention to your RP meter before and after the race, you will notice that even though it is not going up every time you cross the line, it still goes up in total.

My friend and I (we've basically boosted CR and DtD from level 8 to 100) discovered that sometimes your RP bar only moves slightly after a lap and sometimes it moves a lot. This is because the game either registers your small lap bonus or the large bonus, even though you STILL GET BOTH.

hope that helps :)

Try it and then tell me I'm wrong. We could get the bonus every time as along as we started the 2nd lap at 43 seconds and the host crossed first. If we missed it due to a crash or bad timing we didn't get the bonus.

Like I said, we boosted 92 levels using the method (more or less). I am 100% positive I'm correct ...

I think I would rather just play down the drain, sure it isn't as much exp, but the money made off of it makes up for it. I would rather have decent exp and a ton of money then a lot of exp and hardly any money like criminal records gives you. Reached level 117 by grinding this race a lot, and every once in awhile playing other races.

I think I would rather just play down the drain, sure it isn't as much exp, but the money made off of it makes up for it. I would rather have decent exp and a ton of money then a lot of exp and hardly any money like criminal records gives you. Reached level 117 by grinding this race a lot, and every once in awhile playing other races.

I was more of a "get to level 100 quickly" person, so that is why I chose CR over DtD.

But no point in getting to high level if don't have any money. That is why I prefer Down The Drain because by the time i got to the level I am now, My garage is completed

Depends, a lot of people(myself included) just want to get the rank 100 ach. out of the way.

ps. what does DtD pay with 2 people? Winner/Loser?

Edited by ServeChilled
forgot

Depends, a lot of people(myself included) just want to get the rank 100 ach. out of the way.

ps. what does DtD pay with 2 people? Winner/Loser?

Exactly my point I was trying to get across lol, I could care less if I have the Entity, Adder, whatever... I just wanted my 1000g :D

Ya hit me up if you want to exchange wins to boost your level and money. Not sure what level you are but always down to exchange wins with anyone that asks. Anyone else who sees this post, let me know if your interested as well

I guess your achievment hunter then its important. Myself personally, I care more about playing the game then a tag that says i 100% the achievements. Doesn't make my gaming anymore fun from doing so.

:confused: