HELP : M.O.M and Survival Tips

Hi Guys

First just for the record I have never played a guilty gear game.

I managed to beat arcade on Maniac and to get the 10 ranked wins in a row legit. I have tried m.o.m mode and survival mode so many times the last 3 days. In m.o.m mode I managed to get to I-NO 2 times but both times I basically had no health and died almost immediately. On survival i also got man handled after about 10 minutes of playing.

I have heard that justice is the best character to use. I have been trying with her and even found myself 2nd on the leaderboard for m.o.m , even though I didnt complete it... I also read the survival guide posted by Neostraycat , but that has not really assisted me in upping my game.

If you guys can please post some useful combo's and tactics I will really appreciate it. I normally use Justice or Potemkin but dont mind using other characters.

I know the game is challenging , but im really not used to struggling with fighting games. I have basically maxxed every other fighting game available , so there must be some kind of tactic or play style im just not using.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Well, I know its not helping you much, but Justice (for now) is really the best character to go for, all you have to do is really spam P a couple times, then S, then HS, and do HCF+HS as a bread and butter.

Then her overdrives come into play as well.

Imperial Ray (50% Tension), upwards laser super, best used close: :dright:,:dleft:,:ddown:,:dright:+:ybut:

Micheal Blade (50% Tension), Full Ground Super: :dright:,:ddown:,:dleft:,:dright:+:bbut:

Gamma Ray (100% Tension), Full Screen Shoop-Da-Woop: :dleft:,:dright:,:dleft:,:dright:,:ddown:,:dleft:+:bbut:

Of course you can use other characters, but I dunno much for them, so yeah, better get that A-Game up.

Edited by The Stray

Thanks for the tips man. Just a couple questions.

do you dash in and do the pp s hs , or do you do more air dashes , jumping in and then doing combo's ?

I had a quick run this morning dashing in and using the combo and it seems to work well.

The way I was playing was to dash in and hit with a HS , then straight in to a Micheal Blade , I kept trying to make space to then dash in again and repeat this method.

Also is there any way you can explain how the gauge works for m.o.m mode?

I need to make sure I can get health items around battle 18-20 , but it seems by the time I get there that no more health items are being dropped. I think Im close to getting it but just need to understand how this gauge works properly.

Did you use Justice for your suvival run ? is there other methods to use in survival or do you use the same methods from m.o.m mode ?

Thanks again for any help. I have also looked on youtube etc but cannot really find any justice runs on survival or m.o.m mode.

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, due to the way the opponents dash in though, it makes it easier.

The Medal gauge is what makes "Medal Points", once it hits "Fever Penalty", it drops back again with health items, then rinse and repeat.

And yes, Justice is good for this sort of thing, but sooner or later, the +R patch will make her a rushdown character instead of broken, I.E, nerfing her.

In any case, I'll be getting 2 things done, and they will be ready soon enough. :3

• 1 month later...