Achievement Guide & Roadmap

BiggD

Hmm, I unlocked this achievement last night with no problems. How far into the Campaign is he? After you retrieve Kobin, the "Holding Cells" become available for upgrades. When upgrading the Paladin, there should be a little progress meter on the bottom left of the screen that says X/20. Sometimes, one upgrade counts as 2 points to the progress meter.

EDIT: I just added in all your edits for the MP achievements. I shorten the last three achievements due to character limit and since I'm sure people will know to back out of the game once the achievement unlocks :)

He's just completed through the second mission, but he's mastered all three playstyles for the first two missions.

He just IM'd me and said that he has 19/20 despite all 13 upgrades unlocked and purchased. He'll look at it again tonight.

and Thanks!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just completed through the second mission, but he's mastered all three playstyles for the first two missions.

He just IM'd me and said that he has 19/20 despite all 13 upgrades unlocked and purchased. He'll look at it again tonight.

and Thanks!

That's odd. He should have unlocked it by now. Like I said, one of the upgrades counted at 2 points for my progress (not sure which one it was), so maybe that has something to do with it. Let me know what he tells you later tonight to see if I need change that one up.

Edited by BiggD

I count 9 online achievements for 280:gsicon:. What's the 10th one?

Seven Day Duty Shift - 30:gsicon:

Firearm Accessed - 15:gsicon:

Personal Kit - 15:gsicon:

Rated Hacker - 25:gsicon:

Rated Intel Courier - 15:gsicon:

Rated Aggressor - 15:gsicon:

Trusted Agent - 50:gsicon:

Support Ops - 15:gsicon:

Lethal Versatility - 100:gsicon:

Were you thinking that Officer of the Day for 15:gsicon: was online maybe?

I count 9 online achievements for 280:gsicon:. What's the 10th one?

Seven Day Duty Shift - 30:gsicon:

Firearm Accessed - 15:gsicon:

Personal Kit - 15:gsicon:

Rated Hacker - 25:gsicon:

Rated Intel Courier - 15:gsicon:

Rated Aggressor - 15:gsicon:

Trusted Agent - 50:gsicon:

Support Ops - 15:gsicon:

Lethal Versatility - 100:gsicon:

Were you thinking that Officer of the Day for 15:gsicon: was online maybe?

Damn yeah. I just realized the Daily Challenges are tied to the Campaign so I need to fix that. Good eye!

Someone on PS3T.org kind of figured out how to do the 6 executions in 14 seconds...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/207954-enhanced-lethality-demonstrated.html

Okay, I have a question about "No Kill Option Engaged". Lets say hypothetically I play through the first two missions only as Ghost, master them, then go back to Safehouse and play that mission over again only as Panther (and master it). Now, for the "do not kill anyone as Sam Fisher" achievement, will that void it if I don't complete the campaign before playing missions over to do another play style, or does the game register each time you play through a mission and will still remember that you didn't kill anyone on Safehouse even though I went back a second time and killed a bunch of people. Does anyone know this?

I'm thinking (hopefully) the game remembers that you did complete the mission with no kills regardless of how many times you play it over. I personally haven't played a mission over for another play style yet, but my friend has mastered all three play styles in the first two missions. I'm just wondering if this is going to screw up his "no kill" achievement. Thanks.

A Medium Bear in post #45 suggests that as long as you play a mission with no kills, no matter how many times you play it over again, it should count. I guess I'm just looking for verification. I just want to go back to the first two missions and complete the other play styles while the levels are fresh in my mind.

And does the Guam "Blacklist Zero" prologue mission count for this achievement?

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2382/5-uBfD0=.jpg Tactical Style: Panter 25:gsicon:

Mastered Panther playstyle

Panther is mispelled

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2382/5-7Fcuw=.jpg HVTs Secured 10:gsicon:

Captured 20 High-Value Targets

I would make note that you have to take them out by hand. Non-lethal means like tazers and sleeping gas don't work either.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2382/5-8lin8=.jpg Intel Acquired 10:gsicon:

Collected 24 Dead Drop flash drives

Not a big deal, but you might also mention for those that don't have the upgrade that the dead drop makes a persistent pinging noise when you get close.

Someone on PS3T.org kind of figured out how to do the 6 executions in 14 seconds...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-blacklist/207954-enhanced-lethality-demonstrated.html

Okay, I have a question about "No Kill Option Engaged". Lets say hypothetically I play through the first two missions only as Ghost, master them, then go back to Safehouse and play that mission over again only as Panther (and master it). Now, for the "do not kill anyone as Sam Fisher" achievement, will that void it if I don't complete the campaign before playing missions over to do another play style, or does the game register each time you play through a mission and will still remember that you didn't kill anyone on Safehouse even though I went back a second time and killed a bunch of people. Does anyone know this?

I'm thinking (hopefully) the game remembers that you did complete the mission with no kills regardless of how many times you play it over. I personally haven't played a mission over for another play style yet, but my friend has mastered all three play styles in the first two missions. I'm just wondering if this is going to screw up his "no kill" achievement. Thanks.

A Medium Bear in post #45 suggests that as long as you play a mission with no kills, no matter how many times you play it over again, it should count. I guess I'm just looking for verification. I just want to go back to the first two missions and complete the other play styles while the levels are fresh in my mind.

You are correct, the data is saved. If you select a mission but don't start the briefing, you will get a text summary of the mission. If you click the right bumper you will see, in order, 1) completion stats (including a non-lethal tracker), 2) mastery stats (and difficulty played when mastered) and 3) the collectibles you have found in the level.

I don't know if Guam counts since it doesn't have any stats, but I would guess that it does, just to be safe. You can re-play Guam by filtering the SMI to all missions

Is it this video?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocJjHtGUKc&feature=player_embedded#t=11]Enhanced Lethality Demonstrated Achievement/Trophie - Splinter Cell: Blacklist - YouTube[/ame]

I think Medium Bear is correct. It impossible otherwise because it would FORCE players to get that achievement first before anything else. I won't add anything in until there's confirmation, but I can guarantee that so long as you complete a mission once without killing anyone - it'll register. If anyone else can confirm, please let me know!

I don't think the Prologue matters, as even if you were to try Mission Footprint Zero, it doesn't count since it's technically not a main mission. So it may not matter, but there's only about 5 enemies you have to sneak by so I would take that one slow with the mindset that it does count.

I would make note that you have to take them out by hand. Non-lethal means like tazers and sleeping gas don't work either.

Not a big deal, but you might also mention for those that don't have the upgrade that the dead drop makes a persistent pinging noise when you get close.

I'll fix all these. Thanks buddy.

Edited by BiggD

Sleeping gas and Tazers work fine, you just have to run up and tie them up to finish the capture.

Do they? I'm going to write it in the guide as taking them out hand-to-hand just to be sure. I think I remember hitting one with a sticky shocker and it wouldn't let me Bag & Tag him.

That was just added as a solution. I checked 10 minutes ago and it wasn't there on TA. :eek:

My report was a guy posted on PS3T.org, but if you're good enough, the video works better! I think I'll try that tonight.

just wanted to post the video here, but good that someone is faster ^^

That was just added as a solution. I checked 10 minutes ago and it wasn't there on TA. :eek:

My report was a guy posted on PS3T.org, but if you're good enough, the video works better! I think I'll try that tonight.

The video does seem easier to describe in text, but hard to pull off :o I'm going to try myself tonight. If it's not that bad, I'll use that as the solution. That's Mission 2, by the way if anyone was wondering!

I'm 99% certain, I know I got the HVT on the Kobin Mission "Fish Market" with sleeping gas because he was standing right next to another guy in conversation. But I don't have anymore HVTs in my game to confirm again, so I can't be 100%. Its possible that sleeping gas works and sticky shock doesn't.

I'll try sleeping gas myself next time I see an HVT for full confirmation just in case :)

I can confirm if you knockout a Bag and Tag target with gas, crossbow, shock, etc that you can then walk up to them and press X for the Bag&Tag option.

I've captured several like that in both campaign and co-op.

Was just about to post confirmation for sleeping gas and sticky shockers. I'll add that all in now.

25 hours sounds about right to me, depending on your skill for Professional (I started on that difficulty and it took me about 14, but I didn't know the maps). I also like the walkthrough, though I'm not sure 3-4 playthroughs is an adequate suggestion. By the time I was done with side missions, I only had to replay 4 or so levels again to get panther & assault mastery, and the side quests are so much shorter than story missions that its much faster to do those again. Plus if you play all the story 2x like you suggest, you should be able to master more main quest levels than I did.

Yupp, I can confirm that you can play the missions out of order while going for the No Kill Option Engaged achievement. You can check your progress in the Paladin's SMI by scrolling through each mission's details.

25 hours sounds about right to me, depending on your skill for Professional (I started on that difficulty and it took me about 14, but I didn't know the maps). I also like the walkthrough, though I'm not sure 3-4 playthroughs is an adequate suggestion. By the time I was done with side missions, I only had to replay 4 or so levels again to get panther & assault mastery, and the side quests are so much shorter than story missions that its much faster to do those again. Plus if you play all the story 2x like you suggest, you should be able to master more main quest levels than I did.

I lowered it to just 2 playthroughs minimum (assuming someone doesn't start on Perfectionist) and Chapter Select available. Hopefully Perfectionist isn't to bad because I fucked up so much on Normal lmao!

Not sure if it has been said, but you can also replay the missions if you killed someone and still get the not killing anyone achievement. Just go to the mission details and see if you have "finish the level without killing anyone" checked off.

I added this to the guide. You can replay missions out of order whenever you'd like and still get the achievement. Basically, the achievement doesn't have to be done in one playthrough :)

Edited by BiggD

Based on some of the youtube's perfectionist looks easy (at least in the vids)

most seem to be 99% stealth play and sneaking around all enemies.

I was going to stack No Kills with my Perfectionist playthrough, but decided against it to give the game longevity. Since I'm doing Perfectionist last, I'll probably speed through the levels with upgraded silenced weapons and just kill everyone in my way :p No point in doing all three of my playthroughs fully ghost.