Duplication glitch - Post patch 1.7.3 July 13th

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave this a shot and most of the time the stacks just disappear. And some times i end up with a stack of something like 253. Is this normal? Should I not save? Can doing this trash your save?

Thanx

If you throw your stack of 255 on the ground, open the chest you take up the stack and start fill your chest with 64's and then u save it

when u re open it take one stack out of it and place one in invetory 63 in hot bar , and voíla u got your infinete stack back to 255 =D, when it stays at 63 blocks u just place one, or two then it will pop up to 255 i tought.

it mkay be because ive been up for 25 hours but i do not get how the hell your supposed to do this, i cant follow what your meant to do, you explain for about 20 seconds and then go on about peoples names and how you were first to do this, good for you, maybe you can make it clearer ?

can anyone explain this a bit better, i want to try the dupe glitch to try and build a megastructure :)

it mkay be because ive been up for 25 hours but i do not get how the hell your supposed to do this, i cant follow what your meant to do, you explain for about 20 seconds and then go on about peoples names and how you were first to do this, good for you, maybe you can make it clearer ?

can anyone explain this a bit better, i want to try the dupe glitch to try and build a megastructure :)

i diddnt make the video, and i cant explain it any clearer than in the video.

Best thing to do I guess, is delete the updates, play offline and use the first dupe glitch. Then download the update again. Unless you care about Leaderboards that is.

All that time spent? Its quicker to do the dupe glitch posted here. There is another dupe glitch that works quicker.. about 50% of the time it works.

The previous duplication glitch using the dispenser still works. I have chests full of things that I have duplicated. Just have to make sure that the person clicking the item in the dispenser holds down the 'A' button so that the item flickers.

If timing is correct it will duplicate and you can put endless supplies in your chest. You'll know that it worked when the item appears on the floor and cannot be picked up.

I also found that if you have some of those items in your inventory, you can continue to use them indefinitely as they will not disappear from the inventory.

I just play for fun and like to build cool stuff. So I've duplicated just about anything that I need. :)

For anyone experiencing troubles with this glitch, here's a text walkthrough of how I do it with the Furnace. It works 90% of the time. Make sure you save your game before doing this as sometimes if it doesn't work, you will lose both items and other times the game can freeze - i've been using this a lot and only had 1 freeze so it's not too common.

Step 1: Make a Furnace, a pickaxe and a shovel.

Step 2: Place the Furnace down anywhere, open the Furnace interface and put whatever item you wish to duplicate in the Ingredient slot (Very Top).

Step 3: Exit out of the Furnace interface and stand atop the Furnace looking down onto it. Make sure your Pickaxe and Shovel are next to each other in your mini-inventory for ease of use.

Step 4: Equip your Pickaxe and start hitting away at the block until it is just seconds away from breaking. You will know this is near when the cracks in the Furnace start to hit the edges.

Step 5: As it is about to break, quickly switch to your Shovel (LB / RB) whilst continuing to hold down the mine button (RT) to finish the remaining bit off. The closer to the end of the Furnace breaking you do the swap from Pickaxe to Shovel, the more likely this will work.

Step 6: If done correctly you will see the Furnace disappear from underneath you for like a second... when this happens quickly open up the Furnace interface (LT) and highlight the item you're duplicating in the Ingredients slot. Hold down the A button to see it flicker on and off.

Step 7: After about 10 seconds the Furnace should completely disappear and there will be a solitary item in the middle of the floor where the Furnace was. It cannot be picked up and this is how you will know you have done it right.

Step 8: Although I said it cannot be picked up, standing over it will cause what I call a source item to appear in your inventory. Sometimes it will be 1 block, sometimes 64 or even as much as 200 - don't worry if so, it won't harm your game any more than what I mentioned at the start.

Step 9: Pick up the Source Item in the inventory and move it to an empty slot. Now simply hold down X to trade one item into that slot. The counter should decrease to 0 in the item you are currently holding but when it gets to 0, it will jump back to 64 again and you can continue to do this to your hearts content. Fill up some chests for safe keeping.

As a side note... quitting the game and restarting will cause said source items to turn back into regular items and you will have to do the glitch again. So get as much as you can with it whilst you have it.

Let me know if you find this helpful or not. If there are still uncertainties then I will clarify even further.

Peace out.

For anyone experiencing troubles with this glitch, here's a text walkthrough of how I do it with the Furnace. It works 90% of the time. Make sure you save your game before doing this as sometimes if it doesn't work, you will lose both items and other times the game can freeze - i've been using this a lot and only had 1 freeze so it's not too common.

Step 1: Make a Furnace, a pickaxe and a shovel.

Step 2: Place the Furnace down anywhere, open the Furnace interface and put whatever item you wish to duplicate in the Ingredient slot (Very Top).

Step 3: Exit out of the Furnace interface and stand atop the Furnace looking down onto it. Make sure your Pickaxe and Shovel are next to each other in your mini-inventory for ease of use.

Step 4: Equip your Pickaxe and start hitting away at the block until it is just seconds away from breaking. You will know this is near when the cracks in the Furnace start to hit the edges.

Step 5: As it is about to break, quickly switch to your Shovel (LB / RB) whilst continuing to hold down the mine button (RT) to finish the remaining bit off. The closer to the end of the Furnace breaking you do the swap from Pickaxe to Shovel, the more likely this will work.

Step 6: If done correctly you will see the Furnace disappear from underneath you for like a second... when this happens quickly open up the Furnace interface (LT) and highlight the item you're duplicating in the Ingredients slot. Hold down the A button to see it flicker on and off.

Step 7: After about 10 seconds the Furnace should completely disappear and there will be a solitary item in the middle of the floor where the Furnace was. It cannot be picked up and this is how you will know you have done it right.

Step 8: Although I said it cannot be picked up, standing over it will cause what I call a source item to appear in your inventory. Sometimes it will be 1 block, sometimes 64 or even as much as 200 - don't worry if so, it won't harm your game any more than what I mentioned at the start.

Step 9: Pick up the Source Item in the inventory and move it to an empty slot. Now simply hold down X to trade one item into that slot. The counter should decrease to 0 in the item you are currently holding but when it gets to 0, it will jump back to 64 again and you can continue to do this to your hearts content. Fill up some chests for safe keeping.

As a side note... quitting the game and restarting will cause said source items to turn back into regular items and you will have to do the glitch again. So get as much as you can with it whilst you have it.

Let me know if you find this helpful or not. If there are still uncertainties then I will clarify even further.

Peace out.

Nice easy method layout there in text but when the 64 appears if u hold x in ur inventory to make another 64 appear then place that in your hotbar and u can place a unlimited amount until you restart or end the game

@Templar Baggins

You don't lose any of the duplicates you have made... only the 'source item' which is used for duplicating. It turns into a regular item and cannot be used for duplicating unless you do the glitch again.

If either of your items disappear you will need to fetch another one from somewhere, thats why it is advised you only put one of any item in the furnace to avoid losing an entire pile.

It will only have worked when there is an item on the floor that cannot be picked up.