Episode 2 and 3 on sale now for 3$ each!

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't care enough to shell out $20 to finish the story (and $10 would be pushing it), but at $5, that's a price I can live with!

Whether this is a sale I hadn't seen info on or an actual price drop, I am a little troubled that I did kind of call this happening:

But I can't help but notice that there's a Red Faction game on sale this week for Deals with Gold, after the previous title was the previous GwG. Is that how they're playing it now? Might we see the episodes on sale next week or the week after?

Exactly, jswartz0181, I knew Microsoft was going to do this also. To those planning on buying the DLC, do you think additional sales of The Raven's DLC will send MS the wrong idea? That it's OK to give away partial games as long as the DLC is on sale soon after?

When I saw the additional chapter's prices were the same as always while the game was free I knew MS were hoping for increased sales from the achievement hunters and completionists. A breed of gamer that Microsoft helped create. Releasing a partial game while not discounting the additional ways to complete the achievements would have been an excellent yet shady way of doing business. I'm sure Microsoft couldn't care less about their seemingly impenetrable reputation as long as they continue to make money.

I hope people don't buy this DLC and it shows Microsoft that we won't spend money on excess materials that aren't even on our radars. Honesty who had The Raven and it's 20 dollar DLC on their wishlist? Don't "save" money by spending money on sale items. You will regret it when you actually want the money. Besides Spec Ops: The Line is on sale for $5, an excellent full game, with 50 achievements, giving you the max amount of gamerscore.

I understand your point, but this game is no the only one with DLC achievements.

If you remember many free games that were part of Game with Gold promotion had DLC that includes achievements. (Iron Brigade, Clash of Heroes, Fable III, Dead Island, Magic 2013).

In this case i'm happy they are offering a great rebate, because for nearly all of the game i mentioned their DLC never goes on sale after the game being free.

Edited by maliguen

You've got a point.

I'm just saying buy the DLC if your meticulous attention to completion percentage aggravates you while seeing an unfinished horrible arcade game you probably didn't even know existed on your gamercard. Or don't if you don't want to feed MS money for shovelware entertainment they halfheartedly gave away as a gift during the month of Christmas.

Either way do what makes you happy.

I would gladly pay for the DLC for Fable III or Dead Island though, and I plan on buying the DLC for Saint's Row the Third because they are all fun, long, great games. I don't know about the others.

• 1 month later...