Is it embarrassing if I have 36% completion?

Afro Ninja

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it all depends on how you like to play. If you play a lot of different games for fun, you can very easily get things like that. I see games the same way I see books, and see them as unfinished until I have 100%, not everyone plays that way.

Play the way you want to play, there is no need to compare yourself to anyone else.

there are lots of people (especially from this site) who have a lower completion % than they would like. i personally dont see anything wrong with that, as long as you enjoy the games and arent just going for achievements (in which case that would be pathetic lol). but ya i dont see a problem with it, i believe mine is in the neighborhood of 40-45%. i only just started to 100% some titles, its very time-consuming, especially if you work/take classes like i do.

but i think most of those high % people you are referring to just whoare those easy games (excuse my french). such as avatar, hannah montana something or other, quick arcade, or easy offline 1000/1000. and they stay away from those pesky MP games, sports titles, and games with glitched achvs. whereas i buy whatever game i think will have me the most involved. i love to get games where i am at work/in class still thinking about what im going to do with my character/world. for me its more about how much i will enjoy the game, i wont rule an interesting game out just because i heard the achv list is redonkulous. even if is a bunch of collectables or something.

I only feel the need to 100% a game when I know I'm good at it or if I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

You shouldn't feel embarrased, everyone has their own specific style of play. I personally am a big completionist, my completion % is usually around 93-96%. So while my completion % isn't "embarrasing", I happen to have several games on my profile that may be considered "embarrasing" like Avatar, Cars etc.

In the end I really don't care what others think about my games played, just as you shouldn't care what others think about your completion %. Do what you feel like and have fun :)

When it comes to gaming, I am a massive completionist, I always have been. Currently I'm at 93% done, but I totally screwed myself over by playing games such as Game Room (Time consuming and expensive), Ikaruga (massively difficult), Shadowrun (massively time consuming online) and Kameo (Surprisingly difficult to A Rank). I'm certain that if I'd never played those titles, I'd be at 98/99% right now. :(

It all comes down to personal preference though. My friend has a gamerscore of 128k+ but a completion % of about 40. Some people just don't plain care.

I think it's ridiculous when someone comes on and asks "Should I care?"

Why? Why do these people have to ask other people?

It all depends on YOUR personal taste. Not others. It's like you are asking "What should I think? How should I feel? Should I care or not?"

It seems like a lot are acting like robots with some of these questions, like this one.

I'm not being mean, but I just don't understand why people can't have their own personal opinions.

This whole achievement thing is huge. Too big for anyone to care about someone else's, unless you're a personal friend and have bets or whatever.

I think it's crazy. If it were open-ended questions, or just to chat about and get opinions on, okay. But something like "Should I buy this game? I don't want it at all. I also don't care about it because I played the first five and they all sucked." It just seems like that.

Oh well. And no, it's not embarrassing. I bet the majority don't care, about 99%.

Sorry about that, but I just think it's absurd.

I try and complete most of my games. Find it more entertaining than playing and prestiging Call of Duty-esque games all day. I know that I'll never have 100% thanks to a few certain games :cough: Chromehounds :cough: but still enjoy completing games.

Ultimately though, you should do whatever makes you happy.

I only feel the need to 100% a game when I know I'm good at it or if I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

This.

If i find the remaining achievements easy enough, i will 100% the game, however if i complete it and im done with it, im done with it.

My total achievements are around 55% or something like that, but for actual GS in at about 65,554 out of 140,000 achievements or something like that

Edited by Giptuc

I wouldn't be embarrassed about it, but it's not exactly something I'd boast about either.

there are lots of people (especially from this site) who have a lower completion % than they would like. i personally dont see anything wrong with that, as long as you enjoy the games and arent just going for achievements (in which case that would be pathetic lol). but ya i dont see a problem with it, i believe mine is in the neighborhood of 40-45%. i only just started to 100% some titles, its very time-consuming, especially if you work/take classes like i do.

but i think most of those high % people you are referring to just whoare those easy games (excuse my french). such as avatar, hannah montana something or other, quick arcade, or easy offline 1000/1000. and they stay away from those pesky MP games, sports titles, and games with glitched achvs. whereas i buy whatever game i think will have me the most involved. i love to get games where i am at work/in class still thinking about what im going to do with my character/world. for me its more about how much i will enjoy the game, i wont rule an interesting game out just because i heard the achv list is redonkulous. even if is a bunch of collectables or something.

Those aren't true completionists. Those are gamerscore padders. Most of them will have the typical kiddie games on there, they'll usually have 100k gs, and it's possible they might have one or two semi difficult games completed. Everything else will have the majority of achievements unlocked by playing through a game at rapid speed. Then the game will be shipped back to Gamefly or whatever never to be played again. A true completionist will sit there and work on those multiple playthroughs, grind for the multiplayer achievements, and collect the hundreds of orbs/flags/audio logs to obtain some measly 20 to 50 gs achievement.

I wouldn't find it embarrassing. If I'm not liking a game I'm not going to make myself play another 15 hours of it just for the sake of a number on a server somewhere.

Sure I've got easy games on my record, but I happen to enjoy trivia games (at least until the questions start repeating too much!)

Really I think the question you should be asking yourself is "Why would I care what someone thinks of my completion rate?"