Why does everyone hate this game?

fax5jrj

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-odered this and I was thinking shit what have I done, so I went in playing it expecting total shit, but u know what? I loved it. Great campaigns, different and I thought the graphics were great! Downside for me is that it takes FOREvER to find a online game and the nightmare achievements are a pain in the ass. But this games better than most out there. Worth a rent as least..

people started hating on it cuz the this is the first alien/predator game that actually make sense. the other ones were developed with sub-par development, so it's a conditioned response. plus people expect everything to look like halo or CoD, and god help the developer who says 'well, i don't like that, lets change it up'.

I don't know, I've played through the aliens on hard and nightmare and I thought that was great. I just have to do a collectible run.

Marines on hard was fun, on nightmare it's frustrating (I broke my first controller tonight, I'm blaming the alcohol though). I'm gonna try to finish that tomorrow, sober.

Iron sights would have been nice but I did most of the combat up close so I don't know how much of a difference it would make. Once you get used to the alt. fire, or if you have a sniper rifle, long range combat becomes second nature.

I haven't played the Predator campaign yet. I'll probably start tomorrow if I finish or get sick of the marine's nightmare.

avp is one of the best 360 games ive played. the campaigns are pretty short(1-2 hours per species) but their stories intertwine perfectly.

predator is the best campaign by far.

and why are people giving nightmare such a bad rep, i dont want to sound cocky but the predator campaign on nightmare was simple, i died twice. once from carelessly falling off a cliff and once at the abomination (predalien)

ive done the first three marine missions on hard and have died probably.. 10 times. make it 0 and ive done it on nightmare. easy, just know what you're doing and how to play the game

i was looking forward to this game so much. whilst the grafx an atmosphere are good the actual gameplay is really disappointing. as a marine its pretty bog standard fps fare. when your an alien the controls are terrible. you up getting stuck alot whilst climbing around and when your the predator (whos suposed to be a double 'ard barsteward) you feel like a prat getting killed easily by marines and aliens alike. or im probably rubbish at this game. :)

• 4 weeks later...

i guess it was just the length that put me off it :( it was far too short for such a fun game to play. i especially loved playing as the predator and would have liked to see some single player maps like the Batman : arkham, asylum hunter maps to really push the predator or the aliens to the limit. didnt get to play the multiplayer though as i was only silver member at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
avp is one of the best 360 games ive played. the campaigns are pretty short(1-2 hours per species) but their stories intertwine perfectly.

predator is the best campaign by far.

and why are people giving nightmare such a bad rep, i dont want to sound cocky but the predator campaign on nightmare was simple, i died twice. once from carelessly falling off a cliff and once at the abomination (predalien)

ive done the first three marine missions on hard and have died probably.. 10 times. make it 0 and ive done it on nightmare. easy, just know what you're doing and how to play the game

Complete the marine campaign on nightmare first before claiming it's easy.

The only people who have the right to make that claim are the few of us that have done it.

Like me

I love AVP. It's good to see a FPS that actually has some originality and the campaign's are actually tough and pretty tense.

Complete the marine campaign on nightmare first before claiming it's easy.

The only people who have the right to make that claim are the few of us that have done it.

Like me

Flex Gabz is completely right though. Unless you have tried Nightmare as the Marine you really have no idea. Headshotting an Alien whilst within a few yards of you, instantly kills you, it is actualy insane. The Marine campaign took me days and hundreds of attempts and deaths but as you said the Predator campaign is easy even on Nightmare. I also only died twice throughout the whole thing but it just doesn't compare to Marine Nightmare.

I think it's a good thing though. Having a dificult time getting through the game and having a challenge just made me enjoy it even more.

• 2 weeks later...