Rockstar to give GTAV players $500k stimulus package

Selections

From Rockstar; http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51565/grand-theft-auto-online-half-a-million-gta-stimulus-package-this.html

Given some of the recent technical issues during these first days of GTA Online, and now that things are starting to look much smoother (touch wood!), we are planning to provide a special stimulus package for all who have played or will play Grand Theft Auto Online this month. We will be dropping a cool half a million GTA$ in the GTA Online bank accounts of all players this month, starting as early as next week.

In order to keep the current worldwide in-game economy balanced, we will be providing this GTA$ to players via two deposits of $250,000. We will announce specific dates as soon as possible, but are currently hoping to be able to make the first deposit by the end of next week (after we’ve confirmed that issues causing game progress loss have been fixed) with the second installment to happen by the end of the month. For players who experienced cloud server errors, connection issues, and lost game progress and characters in these first days of GTA Online, we hope this GTA$ helps to facilitate a fresh start or makes your continued life in Los Santos and Blaine County extra sweet.

Below are a few more details on how it will work. Stay tuned for tips on how to make the most of GTA$ cash, info on ways and places to earn more cash fast, as well as updates on all the new GTA Online content additions we’re working on for this fall and beyond.

• You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
  • Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
  • We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
  • Each of the two GTA$250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.

Hopefully the next patch (1.04) will iron out whats left of the remaining problems and return the replay feature. I also hope this means that the guys at Rockstar can move onto releasing new missions for us, including the heists.

Thoughts?

So newcomers like myself, will lose out becasue I haven't played yet

I'd jump on ASAP if you want to grab this. Online was only released on the 1st so you haven't missed much.

I've only been online once but it was in October so I should qualify?

Absolutely. As long as you've passed the tutorial and have an active character you should be okay.

I'd jump on ASAP if you want to grab this. Online was only released on the 1st so you haven't missed much.

Absolutely. As long as you've passed the tutorial and have an active character you should be okay.

It IS October so all he (anyone) has to do is wait for next weeks Title Update and everyone playing/downloading it should have half a mil by the 31st hopefully.

I'd say Rockstar has done well enough to make good on their flub better than most developers these days. Everyone jumped on them for making a fat profit that they would "take the money and run" but I've seen nothing but remorse and effort by them to make this right.

Rockstar ain't going to fix the replay button.

If they were going to, it'd be don't already. They want people to buy their microtransactions, not replay the same missions over and over again.

Rockstar has already said they're already working on correcting the replay feature; http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200294617-Im-not-against-Micro-Transactions-but-

The replay button is supposed to be available in between jobs; however, this is currently not working correctly because of a bug. The replay button is meant to be selectable, even if you replay a mission 100 times. We're working to correct this, and have made progress on patch 1.03.

This is referring to the "Next Job Vote" screen in between jobs in the lobby.

Even still. If they wanted people to seriously consider micro-transactions they could at least drop the money and just increase the RP a little more.

Rockstar has already said they're already working on correcting the replay feature; http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200294617-Im-not-against-Micro-Transactions-but-

Even still. If they wanted people to seriously consider micro-transactions they could at least drop the money and just increase the RP a little more.

Yeah, I saw that link and information in another thread and I don't buy it.

For those asking about their lost characters or rank, those will not be able to be restored so we sincerely hope that this cash stimulus we’re giving out this month will help you get back on your feet or to make your new life in Los Santos & Blaine extra sweet.

RIP my character.

Fucking bullshit. All the shit's down the bloody cock licking drain. Now I'm back at fucking square one, cringing like a shot buffalo.

Wait, so should I keep waiting and hoping for my old character to be restored or start a new one (and would that character be eligible for the compensation)?

Lost characters can't be restored so don't bother waiting for that.

The free money will be deposited in your online account, which is shared between all of your characters so you can use all/part of it with whichever character you like.

I created my character, got the "Off the Plane" achievement, and it locked up loading the first race. Haven't been back since, but now that it's working, I'll log in to get some of the "easy" achievements like "Stick Up Kid" or "American Dream" since they can be done solo and don't require rank (or a low rank). I have no desire to sit and grind online for 100 hours or even 10 hours.

Good move on R*'s part, shows that they're willing to make things right and that they admit GTA Online is still in a bit of a experimental stage.

They DID warn players of a rocky start and let's face it, even with every test taken, a Doctor will miss something that could be catastrophic. There are some things you just can't FULLY predict. They've also been adamant about fixing it since the day it happened. Whereas Bungie/343 took over a week to simply address a problem let alone announce possible fixes.

They're fixing it and offering compensation. That's admirable at best no matter how you slice it. Anyone else simply lacks gratitude.

then wait until bank heists and get some good cash (hopefully)

I hope they give some decent cash, probably will but then will get nerfed.

RIP my character.

Fucking bullshit. All the shit's down the bloody cock licking drain. Now I'm back at fucking square one, cringing like a shot buffalo.

You've been Rockstar'd.

I think people would have rather had a week of double XP for lost characters rather than a few bucks of GTA virtual money.

Unless you're among the people that were losing in-game money.

I'm for this b/c I tend to waste ammo and the stuff gets pretty 'spensive for me over time.

They're going to most likely do double Xp and such anyway given RDR's popularity with it.

Just as well, look at how easy it is to grind RP apparently. I keep seeing people jump 10's of levels in a days time. I only get a few hours play during weekdays and if I'm lucky a Saturday. I still don't feel the need to brush through the meal and just get to dessert.

I still don't feel the need to brush through the meal and just get to dessert.

Start with the cake, finish with the steak.

I dunno, I got nothin'.

I agree with you on that, mostly because I've already got most of what I can actually buy for the most part.

You have twisted my words you sneaky little Myth! But I like what you've done.