So, did the ending make you rage?(Spoilers)

Zombiedrd

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the game for the first time. Reloaded auto save to play through the possible endings based on my readiness level. I am baffled at all this hate and confusion online about the ending. Given the way ME2 ended with its "suicide" mission, I don't see how people can expect a perfect Hollywood movie ending.

WTF was the Normandy doing a Mass Relay jump for and why the hell were the two squad members on the Normandy when just 5 minutes ago they were there on earth with me and in London making the final push to the beam?

This part had me confused. I also didn't understand why Joker was doing a jump.

What surprised me though was reading online that the people who step out of the shuttle were the last ones in your squad, but in the endings I just saw, that never happened to me. The people who stepped out were not in my squad. Maybe it's a glitch (meaning a glitch on my part since it seems pretty universal online that they're supposed to be your squadmates)? Idk.

Edit: I thought the piano sequence during the ending sounded amazing.

Edited by fastNcurious

I just finished the game for the first time. Reloaded auto save to play through the possible endings based on my readiness level. I am baffled at all this hate and confusion online about the ending. Given the way ME2 ended with its "suicide" mission, I don't see how people can expect a perfect Hollywood movie ending.

This part had me confused. I also didn't understand why Joker was doing a jump.

What surprised me though was reading online that the people who step out of the shuttle were the last ones in your squad, but in the endings I just saw, that never happened to me. The people who stepped out were not in my squad. Maybe it's a glitch (meaning a glitch on my part since it seems pretty universal online that they're supposed to be your squadmates)? Idk.

Edit: I thought the piano sequence during the ending sounded amazing.

Seriously? You ask why all the confusion and then go on to tell us that you also are confused??

But hey , the music was great.....that's all everyone wants for the end of a massively popular trilogy's finale after hundreds of hours of investment......good music. All else is forgiven!:woop:

I meant I was only confused by that little bit. The rest of the endings was fine, imo. It's not a big enough deal to petition Bioware to rewrite the whole ending. Lol.

They aren't asking for a re-write. They are asking for them to fill in the blanks. Basically, they are asking for them to fulfill the promise they made before the game released.....which is to not 'pull a lost' and actually give real closure on how your decisions effected everyone and present the ending in such a way that you don't have to play guessing games when it's over. They specifically said that they were NOT going to do that or give us an A,B or C ending.....You see how that turned out.

If I wanted to make up my own ending in my head (which is what the devs are implying by their recent tweet responses), I could have just saved my $60 and wrote my own story.

Most people who are complaing anout the ending tho don't want a hollywood ending where Shepard retires and builds that house with Tali on Rannoch would be nice but we understand that Sheapard is a hero and typicaly in an epic story the hero dies at the end that fine.

People just want the plot holes filled in you like this all powerfull AI/ God child and the normandy part.

Fill those in and we got one of the greatest stories ever told IMO.

They should've made it to where right before Shepard's about to do the ending a flying piece of debris hits the crucible and makes Shepard goes flying into space then Shepard dies from lack of oxygen

Thats close to what happened in pt II. Anyway i just watched red ending with 5014 readiness survival could be implied but not without immediate first aid and no more mass relays to help.

It does have an impact.

[spoiler=readiness1]One of the effects is that it determines the fate of earth. Too low and earth is destroyed. I do kinda wish it had an impact in the space battle though.

It does have an impact on the Space Battle, Although its very insignificant.

[spoiler=hat]And whether or not Earth is Destroyed makes no difference, all the Endings are still 96% identical.

And yes, the Music/Soundtrack was Amazing, as was the rest of the Game. The game itself is one of the best games I've ever played. . . Except for the last 30 minutes.

If you guys haven't read the thread on here about how the ending is really Shephard being indoctrinated, I would read that.

I'm almost certain that's what Bioware was trying to do now that I've beaten the game twice, and if that's true it's actually a really good ending, Shephard was dreaming that his crew got to a new planet, etc.

And think about it, why would they show Shephard breathing if he was on the Crucible and it blew up? The scenery looks a lot like London... hmm.

Yeah, I was wondering when someone was going to comment on that. When it hit the Bioware forums, it blew up. Pretty friggin crazy if you ask me. I am starting to wonder if they had ANY ideas of their own with this game.

Are people actually buying into the silly notion that they based their entire ending off of an album cover because a song called "Starchild" has lyrics that seem to be about space?

It'd take a level of dedication that they clearly didn't have to search through obscure death metal soundtracks for an ending.

I honestly enjoyed the ending. I couldn't have seen my Shepard going out in any other way. With all that he endured I felt a hero's end was the best way to put my Shepard to rest since he rid the galaxy of our synthetic overlords. And when it finally happened I welcomed it.

However when saw my Shepard's corpse take that breathe I'm pretty sure I died inside. The thought of what could have transpired after could have been so many different possibilities; but the fact that they cut to credits after half of Shepard returning was probably the worst thing that has happened to me in my gaming. Why leave out what could have been?

But in the midst of the mixes emotions I am pleased with my result of the Commander (although I would've preferred an ending with little asari children running around).

Are people actually buying into the silly notion that they based their entire ending off of an album cover because a song called "Starchild" has lyrics that seem to be about space?

It'd take a level of dedication that they clearly didn't have to search through obscure death metal soundtracks for an ending.

Yeah I listened to it and didn't really get how people thought bioware got the ending from this song. But maybe that's just me though.

Just beat the game. Read about 3 pages on this, and can understand a few complaints. But overall, I'm not getting why everybody says this ruins the series, or is total dogshit writing.

I chose Destroy, with 100% readiness and assets. The space battle for earth was dope AS FUCK, the fight on the ground with the hundreds of enemies (even when 3 Banshees come out) was dope as hell, the cutscene with the ground forces was dope as hell, the run to the beam to take you to the Citadel was (guess it) dope as hell, but a bit confusing (where did Garrus and Javik go; my party?).

The god-child was tough to understand (didn't I see him on Earth in the beginning of the game, die, and then have nightmares about him?), killing the Illusive Man was sweet (would have liked to rip his head off, though), and the final cutscene, all the Reapers being destroyed over the galaxy, was dope as hell. The Normandy crashed (dunno why it was in a Mass Relay), and Joker, Garrus, and Javik survived. I'm happy about that.

A bit of confusion, yes, but I still don't get all this fucking hate. With the cutscenes they made, I would have been fine if the entire galaxy had been destroyed. I loved this game. The whole concept of reapers = order, mankind = chaos was a great one, and I almost enjoyed a non-perfect ending (i.e. Shepherd lives, Reapers are destroyed, there are fucking parades and statues in his honor, he gets every girl in the world, the entire party lives... whatever). I'm glad there was something that left doors open, and added some controversy and confusion.

Just beat the game. Read about 3 pages on this, and can understand a few complaints. But overall, I'm not getting why everybody says this ruins the series, or is total dogshit writing.

I chose Destroy, with 100% readiness and assets. The space battle for earth was dope AS FUCK, the fight on the ground with the hundreds of enemies (even when 3 Banshees come out) was dope as hell, the cutscene with the ground forces was dope as hell, the run to the beam to take you to the Citadel was (guess it) dope as hell, but a bit confusing (where did Garrus and Javik go; my party?).

The god-child was tough to understand (didn't I see him on Earth in the beginning of the game, die, and then have nightmares about him?), killing the Illusive Man was sweet (would have liked to rip his head off, though), and the final cutscene, all the Reapers being destroyed over the galaxy, was dope as hell. The Normandy crashed (dunno why it was in a Mass Relay), and Joker, Garrus, and Javik survived. I'm happy about that.

A bit of confusion, yes, but I still don't get all this fucking hate. With the cutscenes they made, I would have been fine if the entire galaxy had been destroyed. I loved this game. The whole concept of reapers = order, mankind = chaos was a great one, and I almost enjoyed a non-perfect ending (i.e. Shepherd lives, Reapers are destroyed, there are fucking parades and statues in his honor, he gets every girl in the world, the entire party lives... whatever). I'm glad there was something that left doors open, and added some controversy and confusion.

I am concerned with the amount of dope you seem to have procured. It's rather worrying.