3rd Playthrough/Backpack Upgrades Now Available (WARNING!)

Todays update has 'officially' added the 3rd playthrough, (no more weird text, plus reset option,) Also you can now buy the remaining moonstone upgrades from Crazy Earl, (50,100,150,200m upgrades.)

WARNING: Be careful when buying the upgrades, Try not to use the new game, quit, load old game glitch for moonstones. I purchased all the backpack upgrades, (now you can hold 39 weapons like BL2,) did the moonstone glitch, (as it was taking ages to farm the end boss/raid boss and only getting 25-35 moonstones a run,) and now it's glitched saying my backpack only holds 33 items but when I return to Crazy Earl it says Backpack upgrades sold out!

My mate is having the same problem and he only did the moonstone glitch once just for the weapons as he'd just ding'd to lvl 50 and was still running around with lvl 46 weapons.

So have fun, but keep safe Kiddos!

Ok it's definitely NOT from doing the moonstone glitch, because I didn't do it and my backpack is down to 33. Here's what happened:

1) I bought all of the backpack upgrades with my 500 moonstones. This increased my capacity to 39 and used all my moonstones

2) I went to Serenity's Waste and killed Iwojira for Moonstones

3) Saved and quit

4) Reloaded my game and my backpack capacity is now at 33

So it apparently has something to do with either quitting or reloading where it's causing a glitch. Hopefully they will find a way to patch this with the update coming on the 16th cause this sucks.

Ok it's definitely NOT from doing the moonstone glitch, because I didn't do it and my backpack is down to 33. Here's what happened:

1) I bought all of the backpack upgrades with my 500 moonstones. This increased my capacity to 39 and used all my moonstones

2) I went to Serenity's Waste and killed Iwojira for Moonstones

3) Saved and quit

4) Reloaded my game and my backpack capacity is now at 33

So it apparently has something to do with either quitting or reloading where it's causing a glitch. Hopefully they will find a way to patch this with the update coming on the 16th cause this sucks.

Ah that'll be why then. I saved & quit after the farming 2 prove 2 the missus that the backpack in BL2 was 39 as well. Strange tho coz my mate only dropped back to the main menu/character/difficulty select screen when it happened to him. Hope they fix it soon (eg tuesday:))

thanks 4 the info

I bought two backpack upgrades for 50 moonstones each. So my backpack should go from 27 to 33 but i've got only 30. And i never traveled or fight or quit. It happened the moment i bought the upgrades.

Hmm well maybe your numbers are inaccurate or you're mistaken, but only the first backpack upgrade from 27 to 30 is 50 moonstones. The second one costs 100, third 150 and fourth 200. So if you only spent 50 moonstones then you should only have 30 backpack slots. If you spent 50 twice, maybe you bought more slots in your safe instead?

Hmm well maybe your numbers are inaccurate or you're mistaken, but only the first backpack upgrade from 27 to 30 is 50 moonstones. The second one costs 100, third 150 and fourth 200. So if you only spent 50 moonstones then you should only have 30 backpack slots. If you spent 50 twice, maybe you bought more slots in your safe instead?

Yeah you are right, there is only one upgrade for 50 moonstones. But the vendor sold me two for 50 each. I had 103 moonstones before and after that 3 were left, so it was pretty easy to recall. But when i continued to play today i got my 50 moonstones back. So the number went back to 53 and in the end i didn't lost any moonstones.

Very strange but tbh i stopped wondering^^

Yeah you are right, there is only one upgrade for 50 moonstones. But the vendor sold me two for 50 each. I had 103 moonstones before and after that 3 were left, so it was pretty easy to recall. But when i continued to play today i got my 50 moonstones back. So the number went back to 53 and in the end i didn't lost any moonstones.

Very strange but tbh i stopped wondering^^

Sounds like they should have just waited until Tuesday to release this haha

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=398832&page=11

Second post a Gearbox employee addresses the issue. It's apparently a result of them trying to fix the glitch where you'd lose your inventory after leaving a multi-player game. They are setting up a hot fix to prevent people from buying the third and fourth backpack upgrades (since those are the two that are disappearing) to prevent people from wasting Moonstones in the meantime. Not sure that they'll have it fixed by this Tuesday for the rest of us that lost it, but they are working on it.

Also, in addition to screwing with my backpack upgrades, the patch screwed with my Badass challenges too. It was supposed to patch the Tread Carefully challenge, making it able to unlock. But it reset the Finish Him challenge (finishing off 5 power suits with a power core). No big deal, redid that one. It also messed with Robotic Aspirations (collect all 4 of Wilhelm's Echo recordings in Triton Flats) which I had finished, but was now at 3/4, and a couple others that I had previously finished are now partially complete, such as the one for using all 11 blue jump pads in Veins of Helios. Not a huge deal since I seem to be able to re-complete them and get additional BA rank, plus more challenges complete toward the challenge for completing lots of challenges, but still weird.

Edited by Necrophage33

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=398832&page=11

Second post a Gearbox employee addresses the issue. It's apparently a result of them trying to fix the glitch where you'd lose your inventory after leaving a multi-player game. They are setting up a hot fix to prevent people from buying the third and fourth backpack upgrades (since those are the two that are disappearing) to prevent people from wasting Moonstones in the meantime. Not sure that they'll have it fixed by this Tuesday for the rest of us that lost it, but they are working on it.

Also, in addition to screwing with my backpack upgrades, the patch screwed with my Badass challenges too. It was supposed to patch the Tread Carefully challenge, making it able to unlock. But it reset the Finish Him challenge (finishing off 5 power suits with a power core). No big deal, redid that one. It also messed with Robotic Aspirations (collect all 4 of Wilhelm's Echo recordings in Triton Flats) which I had finished, but was now at 3/4, and a couple others that I had previously finished are now partially complete, such as the one for using all 11 blue jump pads in Veins of Helios. Not a huge deal since I seem to be able to re-complete them and get additional BA rank, plus more challenges complete toward the challenge for completing lots of challenges, but still weird.

Luckily getting moonstones isn't that hard, so i really don't care that much about that issue. Screwing with the challenges sounds much worse :C

Btw i'm impressed that you know the challenges you completed:bow:

I stopped looking after i got the achievo^^

Luckily getting moonstones isn't that hard, so i really don't care that much about that issue. Screwing with the challenges sounds much worse :C

Btw i'm impressed that you know the challenges you completed:bow:

I stopped looking after i got the achievo^^

Well the achievement doesn't include the level specific ones. So after I got all achievements and all my level 50 gear and did basically everything there was to do, I decided to up my Badass rank as much as possible on my one character anyway) so I went through and did every level specific one except the one time only ones tthat I can't go back and do without resetting progress. Plus I have a really good memory haha. So I know exactly which challenges I've done and which I haven't, since there are only a handful I haven'tdone.

Just to update, there was a hot fix put in place today (Sunday) and it removed the two pearlescent level upgrades of EVERY upgrade. So if you haven't bought any storage upgrades yet, only two are available for each now, instead of the original four, even for all of the ammo types.

Hopefully they get this resolved quickly. Or at least give me my 350 Moonstones back in the meantime!

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/57683970-Xbox-360-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Here's another update, sort of. Like I said, they removed the third and fourth tier upgrades. A fix is coming later to address the issue of backpack space disappearing. Then those two Towers will be available again. Users who have already bought those tiers will get them back as soon as the upgrade comes out. We won't have to buy them again.

It's still not working. Yesterday i bought the backpack upgrades for 150 and 200 moonstones, so the backpack upgrades were sold out. But instead of 39 slots my backpack went only to 36.

Save and Quit and started the game again. Now my backpack slots went back to 33, the upgrade packs are still sold out and i lost 350 moonstones.

This is so fu#*%&ing annoying...http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/smilies/ranting.gif

It's still not working. Yesterday i bought the backpack upgrades for 150 and 200 moonstones, so the backpack upgrades were sold out. But instead of 39 slots my backpack went only to 36.

Save and Quit and started the game again. Now my backpack slots went back to 33, the upgrade packs are still sold out and i lost 350 moonstones.

This is so fu#*%&ing annoying...http://1.1.1.3/bmi/www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/smilies/ranting.gif

Wait you can still see those tiers of upgrades? Are you playing online? The hot fix last weekend should have removed them from the vendor so you can't buy them.

Gearbox said once they fix the problem you'll have your upgrades you bought, so you didn't completely waste your Moonstones.

Wait you can still see those tiers of upgrades? Are you playing online? The hot fix last weekend should have removed them from the vendor so you can't buy them.

Gearbox said once they fix the problem you'll have your upgrades you bought, so you didn't completely waste your Moonstones.

Yeah that's what i thought too. When i saw them at the vendor i thought they fixed it, so i bought them. Like always i was playing online coop and another friend 'lost' his moonstones too.

Worst thing is i desperetly need some place in my inventory:Bounce: