My girlfriend likes her RPG's i like my shooters....

Tez555

It's a good hybrid of the two genres, there's a certain looting and levelling factor in the game you'll find with RPG's, which I'm sure your girlfriend will enjoy. The game is completely first person in gameplay aside from these RPG elements so you should feel comfortable with it.

The best thing to do would probably be to watch some video reviews from IGN etc. as well as look at gameplay videos on YouTube, see if both of you are still interested afterwards.

Borderlands is heavy on RPG elements, and rather light on the FPS elements, but not too much so. The game is probably more appealing to the RPG gamer, but it can be appealing to the FPS player. Might get you into RPGs, and her into FPSs.

It's a wonderful game to play Co-op in. That's one of the thing it's known for, really. I'd recommend getting it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like both genres and i really enjoyed borderlands having spent 250+ hours on different characters, id certainly give it a go and the goty edition means you can get all the dlc add ons for a fair price. One thing you might find annoying is the menu can be partially blocked during coop unless you have a decent sized tv.

• 2 weeks later...

I have certainly not played every xbox game on the market, but if you like FPS and she likes RPG, I would say this is the perfect game for you. She gets to have her experience increase and continuously upgrade her weapons and skill points.... and you get to blow crap up, what more could you ask for? LOL

• 1 month later...

I'd definitely say this is a win for the both of you. I will admit though that this game is a bit tedious when in groups. Unless when you play this game she is levelling right next to you, one of you will wind up sitting idly by while the other just, literally, one-shots everything.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Had it since the release date, and still playing it like a crazy person. i've spents about 48 hours playing it this last week. Started a new game, got through the quests and dlc, both playthroughs and hit the level cap. I just kept grinding it with my brother on splitscreen. The co-op of this game is beyond epic. If you haven't got it yet, I'd suggest go get it. now.