Twin Peaks

isw42

Has anyone who played this game gone back and watched (or rewatched) the Twin Peaks television series from the early 1990s? (It's on Netflix if you have that or check your local library for it on DVD - mine has it.) I had never seen the show before playing this and I decided one day to check out the show since everyone kept saying how much the two have in common. I have to say, it is now one of my favorite shows ever. If you like the game's bizarre, strange and hilarious characters, you will love the show.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I went back and watched Twin Peaks on Netflix after hearing the game was so much like the show. There are some definite similarities, and at times, it seems like things were lifted directly from the show and dropped into the game. DEFINITELY worth watching if you enjoyed the bizarre world of Deadly Premonition.

Edited by dark_shard

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

Of what I understand is this game was originally developed for the Xbox/ PS2 but because it was literally 'Twin Peaks', The Game, some lawyers told them to make changes. They had spent almost the entire budget on the game already so it took a few years to make the changes.

This is why it did not get released until 2010 and they could not afford to update the graphics and such. That is why it was sold it at a budget price.

Personally, I found the outdated graphics add to the charm of the game and actually looked forward to the cutscenes and watching the amazing story progress.

The combat is utter dog-shyte and I had to do some creative button mapping to make it workable, but small matter really as you can get used to it. Unlike 'Alone in the dark' who's control's you NEVER got used to. A good atmospheric game, but wow, did the control's suck! Good job it only cost me 74p.

Dom.

• 1 year later...