Not going to Pilot the Huey? Guess I will as always...

Venomized

Majority of the time when I go to a Huey (whether I am second, third or fourth) the Driver seat is always open! So I am forced to Pilot the Huey and this way I barely get kills cause I don't play selfishly, and let the gunners shoot. I hate how no one pilots the Huey, and when they do, they SUCK! There was one game only where a guy flew half decent for me.

I was just in a game where I was flying the Huey for a LARGE amount of time, and I got the one gunner (he was the only one in there who stayed the whole time) at least 25 kills, and I am not exaggerating. If anything he got even more kills! I messaged him after and he told me he finished the match with 58 kills.

And the whole time I was piloting we didn't get killed once! Then I go to land the helicopter to repair it ONCE again as I always do when it is injured. When I land it, the guy in the other gunner (this guy just recently spawned in the huey) switched to the pilot seat, took off with 80% health (i was healing? Dont know why he left). I hopped in and he got my new friend and I killed within 20 seconds, literally.

All in all, some people are just douche bags and horrible pilots. I either have to Pilot the helicopter, or be a gunner with a horrible pilot. And the odd time where a douchebag takes my spot when I am repairing.

Anyways, I just wanted to post because I was frustrated and about to head to bed. But if there is any good Helicopter Pilot out there that wants to play with me, add me! Cause I need a pilot so I can get my 50 kills. I will pilot for you too, so we can switch on and off. Though I am going to be busy until the 28th. I might be able to get some time in to play. Thanks and have a good night everyone! Or day?

Gt: xThe Amory Wars

Edited by Venomized

They dont pilot it because they know when it gets shot down with half a mag of AK-47 everyone would shout at them and laugh at them.

I know what you mean though. A bit annoying when they just expect you to drive. Happened with me and a boat yesterday. This rare occurrence they were actually in my squad chat mouthing off to me. So I drove the boat full speed into the dead-zone and jumped just before I started going out of bounds. They committed suicide, and I had a nice little chuckle!

LOL, and before anyone says it you've just been beaten. My bro just said "Cool Story Bro!"

Just a rough estimation, but I'd say about 90% of the people who play BC2 cannot fly a chopper without crashing (myself included). The only reason I got helicopter related achievements in BC2 was because of the UAV helicopter, and now that that's gone, the only vehicle I'll be getting kills with now are the tanks and the PT boats.

On a side note, has anyone who has flown the Huey chopper noticed that it has a lot of speed? I was in a game yesterday and a level 50 on the other team was piloting a Huey and literally shot across the screen, swung its tail around to fire rockets, then shot across the screen again to repeat the process. I'm not sure if it's the experience he gained of flying whilst acquiring level 50, or if the Huey is just a fast chopper.

I love flying the Huey. The thing is so damn nimble. Sucks it can get shot down so easily but I managed to keep it up through the last base of Phu Bai only to get shot down but parachute out and arm both charges myself. I had an awesome engineer gunning. I'm not even sure he got any kills but he was always willing to repair me.

I've tried flying but it's difficult to master. Frankly I don't want to kill my teammates because I can't fly. Wish the controls were like Crackdown 2, they're stupid-simple.

Sure you'll find someone that will pilot or even go onto the achievement trading thread and plea your case. Sure there is another pilot that would trade spots with ya

I'm a pretty good pilot, I've got 38 kills or so, and only about 5 of them are from the machine gun. I'm a damn good Apache pilot on BC2 if I've got a good gunner, got about 600 kills in it. But if you start killing people and blowing up their tanks, they always shoot you down the instant you get in the air after that. It's like flying a tissue box, and interestingly enough, I use Increased Warhead Damage for my vehicle perk, just because Armor has no effect at all.

I'll put money on it that they'll nerf the damage the huey takes from gun fire in a patch just like they did in BC1.

A squad of 4 can take it down with pistols really quickly as it is now. It makes for some serious LOL's when when you see the +100 Destroy Vehicle after shooting it with the m1911.

I am very poor at flying helicopters so I leave it to the good pilots as opposed to just taking off and flipping it into a hillside after one pass. It would be great to play with a good pilot like many of you who doesn't just zip across the battlefield and pitch like crazy and kill any sightlines and angles the gunners might have had.

At any rate, I have 6 Huey kills. After 5 more tank kills it will be my next focus. Tons of parachuting into enemy fire after 15 seconds in the air! I've taken one down with the PPSh so I go in expecting the worst every time.

Do any of you agree with the poster that said you might as well put VWarhead on instead of VArmor because the effects are too minimal to be worth it?

Edited by SpKXmasSpirit

Just like a lot of people are saying, I can't fly the Helicopters at all, so rather than waste one and piss my teammates off, I'll wait for someone else to pilot it. That said, I won't sit in the Helicopter waiting for a pilot to arrive, that's just selfish imo.

As for V.Armor/V.Warhead, I always pick V.Warhead because of the time old saying about "the best defence". Just don't get greedy and expect to get these Achievements too quickly. Another day, another Tank/Helicopter.