Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Hawaiian

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, didn't know that. So are these the same cheats as in Sims 3? Pause game and press LT, LB, RT, RB?

Yes in the pause menu (while playing) If you put the code in it will bring up a message warning you that if you play with cheats it will disable everything. Also for the Sit, play dead achievement (Trick Exhibition) Throw a party at dog leg park, serve food before people arrive, to ensure they stay for a while, and obviously make sure you and your pet are in a good mood, then do the trick exhibition, I got it within 5 mins doing it this way :) I'm going to try to see if I can lose all 3 pets at once to maybe make it easier for the achievement, I will let you know how it works out!

Good guide but how comes these guides are just under forums now? It really bothers me and kind of makes me want to quit this site since that was 90% of the reason I signed up in the first place

It's only released on the main achievement guide page if the creator submits it, follows several guide lines and only if the x360a team thinks that the guide is good enough to be published on the site.

Furthermore guides can't be submitted earlier than 1 month after release of the game.

I'll submit it once I think the guide is nearly perfect and once I've added the roadmap/tips.

And you unlocked the achievement/challenge with this book? How is was it called?

Yep I made sure that my inventory didn't have any books. I found one called The <something I forget> Spelunking Sim. Read it and achievement popped, was the last thing I needed.

Your walkthrough looks great and your effort is A+ :) A lot of the quests are too random for a specific/detailed walkthrough. The people you have to talk to, households visited, bait for the special fruit (I used rainbow trout), etc.

Not telling you to play through it again but just know everything isn't the same each time played. It's randomly generated. :)

Keep up the good work!

Yep I made sure that my inventory didn't have any books. I found one called The <something I forget> Spelunking Sim. Read it and achievement popped, was the last thing I needed.

Your walkthrough looks great and your effort is A+ :) A lot of the quests are too random for a specific/detailed walkthrough. The people you have to talk to, households visited, bait for the special fruit (I used rainbow trout), etc.

Not telling you to play through it again but just know everything isn't the same each time played. It's randomly generated. :)

Keep up the good work!

Thank you :). Then I'll adjust some walkthroughs/guides.

Also for You Da Boss (get to level 10 in a career), I'd suggest the business career, just because there's no huge skill requirements. It's possibly the quickest career to get level 10. ... just a suggestion ...

But you need to level charisma and talk to people.

Astronaut is probably the best.

Athletics and Handiness, both of which can be maxed with book.

Plus at level 10 you only have to work one day a week.

Keep up the good work!

Just to echo vitaminamy the quest do have differ people associated to them.

I double check with the socialite club. The first time the final person was Wolff, the second time it was Friendly.

For the rare book, cast luck on your self, and have a moodlet manager.

Explore the caves, every time you exit use the moodlet manager to remove the fear.

Getting rid of a Sim/Pet

Removing an unwanted Sim or pet from your household can be quite difficult, especially with kids and pets which can't die. The easiest way is to use the Ghostify Karma Power and to catch the ghost of your Sim/pet with a ghost-zapper (has to be invented at a workbench) or a cat (Hunting Skill Level 7 required).

That "Ghostify" Karma Power is just so expensive to use, especially early-on in the game, which is why I prefer to ask a friendly, NPC Sim to "Move In," and rather than moving that Sim in, simply move out everyone I no longer want in my house, at once.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/cu/dM/0ICLiGJhbC9FFQQaXFJRFjYyL2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-2PnaQ==.jpg Good Fluffy! - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Praise or scold a pet enough times to add a trait.

Either adopt a pet or create a new household with an animal. If your pet pees on the floor or destroys your furniture your Sim will have the option to scold the pet. Alternatively you can praise your pet. Among other things dogs can be praised for fetching something and cats can be praised for hunting. To add a trait you have to scold or praise a pet several times for the same action.

I realize this is still a work in progress, so this is certainly not your final version -- you're welcome to use part/all of walkthroughs from other posts that I've made, if you think them worthwhile:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=339412

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=338478

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=339133

Your guide's turning out quite nicely! Roadmap really ties things together. :)

Edited by RougeRogue

- 1 heart-shaped cut pink diamond

Pink Diamonds are extremely rare. Use your dog and let him search for gems. Your dog has to be level 10 and needs to have found at least 50 gems in total. The pink diamond was the 75th gem mine collected. Afterwards select the pink diamond in your inventory and choose cut -> heart-shape +200%. Wait a day and the heart-shaped cut pink diamond will be placed in your mail box.

I have done all the following but i have not recieved it back :( its been 5 days now. does anyone know if i will find it anywhere else ????

Thanks

I have done all the following but i have not recieved it back :( its been 5 days now. does anyone know if i will find it anywhere else ????

Thanks

make sure there aren't any old newspapers or holes blocking the mailbox

first time I tried to get a gem cut it didn't return so I cleaned up the surrounding area and moved the mailbox closer to the sidewalk, then it worked perfect.

make sure there aren't any old newspapers or holes blocking the mailbox

first time I tried to get a gem cut it didn't return so I cleaned up the surrounding area and moved the mailbox closer to the sidewalk, then it worked perfect.

Thanks for that i will try it in a bit :)

How long did it take you to recieve it back?

Lost Knowledge: How do i know if i have found the book? does it pop up saying you have found it?

It'll just say the name of the book in the notification, not actually a "hey you found a book!" type of message. When I started I just emptied my inventory of all books and after each trip I checked to see if anything new appeared. When you get a book to show up, read it.

I am trying to get the two child sims who where best friends as kids, into a romantic relationship. I have spent 3 sim days using romantic interactions with them but I only have a few options to use and nothing is progressing. Any ideas?

This thread should help:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=338865

Thanks Hawaiian for putting together a really helpful guide.

Just a little note on the Dogzilla vs Cat-Kong achievement. Rather than having to scratch several purchased items I used my cat to scratch the statue outside city hall.

She only needed to do this once for the trophy to pop (I did it on PS3 but hopefully Xbox would be the same).

Anyway great guide :) xx