Best games for 3 year old?

scrapcatb

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and to Xbox in general. We've had a 360 for a year or so but only this Christmas got the Kinects for my husband. So far so good, but am looking for suggestions on the best games for my 3 year old daughter. We bought the Kinectimals and the Disneyland game along with JustDance for Kids, but are having trouble with the sensor recognizing her (she's a little squirt!) and recognizing her movements. Any suggestions? She does seem to love the Kinectimals quite a bit...

Done a tiny bit of reading about games for young audience and it seems that many people only like the kinectanimals for their daughters. However, someone suggested Kinect Adventures, maybe have a look at that?

Kinectimals would be good, it was fun even for me. Not so sure about kinect adventures for a 3 year old though. But Sesame Street would be the best choice.

OP,

I also bought Disneyland for my little boy and he too is having a hard time getting recognized by the sensor (and hes having a hard time understanding the moving mechanics). Many of my friends have said to get the Sesame Street game, however I haven't had the extra cash to do so yet. I will more than likely try it out though. If you find a good game for your child, please let me know. It would keep my child from climbing stuff in the house. :)

My 4 yr old enjoys kinectimals and picked up on all the movements very fast. We also have the nickalodeon dance, that one is a little more advanced but she is catching on. I also downloaded the demo for the sesame street game and she thought that was fun and it wasn't hard for her to pick up on the movements at all. Also if you are using the Zoom on your kinect, we tried it out and it picked my wife and I up fine but it had real issues w/ our daughter. As much as you think you need lots of games, don't forget that they are kids. The jump rope on kinectimals has entertained my child for at least 10-15 min per game session and the cat isn't jumping over the rope just falling over and she finds it hilarious.

On a side note have you tried creating a gamertag for your little one and using the kinect setup feature to recognize them, that seemed to help with mine.

• 3 weeks later...

We got the Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster for my daughter, who is almost 3. She loves, but she runs around the room so much that you have to play with her so as not to interrupt the game. There is a demo for it (and two different Kinectimals demos) on Xbox Live so give them all a try. MS has been pretty good about putting up free demos for Kinect games.

My three year old loves the Dora dancing game. Also try manually adjusting the kinect angle it helped me. I tried getting her into the disneyland one and seasame street one but no go. O ya I almost forgot she just started liking that new arcade one... like double happy theater (the name is amiss)

Sesame street once upon a monster.

I bought it for my son (only two now so he can't really play it properly) but the sensor picks him and his movements up great.

I think it is really good for small children because unlike other kinect games (in my experience) where there is minimal room for error with it recognising actions and movements, Sesame street pretty much lets you get away with anything.

You know what I mean, some games you have to make the eact movements to be recognised but with sesame street is much more forgiving.

It is definitely one of the best childrens Kinect games out IMO, plus if you like achievements they are all pretty easy.

Double Fine Happy Action Theater (which is made by the same studio that made Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster) is great for young kids, since it doesn't require proper timing, it starts automatically, plays in a theater mode where the stages keep changing after a while, and it just lets you do whatever you want in a stage.

You can also press start to choose a stage if your child has a part of the game he or she really likes. The ability to do whatever you want in a stage without proper timing makes it ideal for even younger kids. The owner of the studio that made the game played it with his two year old daughter and she was able to play it just fine.

My nephew isn't even one yet, so he's not able to play the game, but I'm looking forward to playing it with him in a year. :)

Get something that needs a kinect.

Well that's just one of the dumbest comments that I have ever heard on any forum. Completely meaningless waste of space (and my attention to your comment comes in a close 2nd).

Anyway, on to the answer for the OP. My daughter is 4 and she loves Joy Ride. Not great at it, but SHE LOVES IT (and that's what matters). Also she has Just Dance 2, Kinectimals, and Disneyland Adventures that she enjoys. Her favorite is Joy Ride though. Hope that this helps, and good luck.

• 1 month later...