Save glitch

happyg01

I just beat the game yesterday. Now when I played it 2day Im back at the rock giant story mission all my progress is lost, still got the achievement thou. Ive been saving regualry using statue or save and quit. What happened? how can I prevent it from happening again?

I just beat the game yesterday. Now when I played it 2day Im back at the rock giant story mission all my progress is lost, still got the achievement thou. Ive been saving regualry using statue or save and quit. What happened? how can I prevent it from happening again?

I haven't ran into this glitch but I have run into many others. I would Copy your save file onto your cloud save under the dashboard settings this way you'll have a backup or you can buy a USB stick at Best Buy, Gamestop, ect. Save probably every 2 levels or so. I've been Cloud saving like crazy.

There isn't a way to prevent it only way is to have a backup or not play until a patch is out for glitches on this game. Contact the company write on the forums or email. Let them know about the bug they might ask you to send in your USB and by the time all that happens you could of went back and played the game all over again. Sorry about this happening. Seems they pushed this game alittle early. Better than having a corrupted save.

I know in Batman 2 and LotR this was glitched as well, but it only saved your collectible progress, not your actual progress in the level itself. I think it was the same for Marvel, only saved your collectible progress. Also in Marvel, if you had collected minikits before saving in-level, it caused you to collect more than 10 in that level, which caused problems.

Now for The Lego Movie, it actually saved your checkpoint progress in the level, so if you saved at one then quit out, when you started the game again, it would automatically start you at that point, which I think is the way it's supposed to work. Don't know why it wasn't like that for Batman 2, LotR and Marvel.

I never use the in-level save points. I don't see a point in them. Levels are between 20-45 minutes each and if you can't finish them in one sitting, then just restart them. It's definitely not worth the headache of potential game-ending glitches. Especially with Lego's track record.

Now, during Free Play I've used the 'Save & Quit' feature and I have *never* had an issue with the game glitching. I've been doing this I think for every Lego game and I've completed all but this one.