Anyone else feel ripped off?

tommy2648

I had HUGE expectations for this game and expected a massive return for Chesty, the campaign was VERY short, there are not many side-quests except for deliver letters and stuff, and the game feels smaller. There are also less little secrets which kept me coming back. But, the worst thing of all, is that the towns feel really empty if you followed the side of good. I cant buy or sell anything! :mad: The enemies are all very similar as well. No new one there. All in all, I think Fable 2 was better because you could actually spend enough time on it to bond with your character. Anyone else feel this way?

Well, I do feel the bigger but smaller world issue. There are some interesting new enemies, but they are in the new areas around aurora.

One thing I absolutely hate is the slow mo kill cam. It triggers at the worse possible moments. At least in 2 it only triggered when you killed the last enemy near by.

I really enjoy 3. I like the story, I like most of the game play. But I do have to agree it was quite a bit to short, even taking time to do all the side quests and hunt around for collectables. I hope the DLC's make up the difference without costing to much

My honest opinion is that I enjoyed fable 3 very much despite all the bugs it had. I really thought it was a great game. With all games (great and not so great) I believe there is always more that can be done to be improved upon. Not saying this is the best game ever, but as far as fable goes I think this was the best of the three.

the main thing i didnt like is that your appearence didnt change depending on your morality. i had maxed out good, and looked exactly the same as i did at the start of the game

and the final boss was stupidly easy, there were no town economies and chestys return was awful

dont get me wrong, its a great game, im just a little disappointed due to the huge expectations i had

As always seems to be the case with Fable games, it was hyped up way too much. If I had stayed away from it before its release I think it would have been fine, and I wouldnt have been disappointed by the crappy weapon morphing, very limited rpg mechanics, etc. Bloody Molyneux

the main thing i didnt like is that your appearence didnt change depending on your morality. i had maxed out good, and looked exactly the same as i did at the start of the game

and the final boss was stupidly easy, there were no town economies and chestys return was awful

dont get me wrong, its a great game, im just a little disappointed due to the huge expectations i had

There is an economy actually. Your purchases and setting of rent does have an impact. They just didn't make it something you could see outside of what items are available for sale.

I toyed around a lot with setting prices and rent and saw people change between liking me and disliking me, complaining about the economy or praising it, and seeing items in certain stores (mainly the furniture store) change in quality. Number of items also changed accordingly too.

I was surprised that the only changes your morality had were either the color of your wings at the end, or the color of your tatoos. I do think your skin tone changes some too, but not like in the prior two games.

Ye I agree, I was dissapointed to say the least. I felt the game was rushed, and certain aspects that were in F2 that I took for granted but now would have loved to keep in 3. For instance I miss the emotional wheel to pick and use emotional to NPC's and the map was a step in the right direction but wasnt polished enough, it needed more detail and would have loved to have way marker to make my life easier. Also I can understand the whole repair buildings because they get run down, but they could have made a 'repair all' button, would have saved me loads of tedious building jumping!

On a another side though I think they really did try to make it quite unique and different then F2 and in some ways I think it worked, in others it failed.

I guess I could sit here and list every little thing that really annoyed me, but I mean it boils down to if you enjoyed it, and in my opinion it wasnt brilliant, but it wasn't a terrible game to play, but then I didnt get one of the glitches which I know ruined the experience for a few people.

Well thats my two cents.

Cheers,

Well, I do feel the bigger but smaller world issue. There are some interesting new enemies, but they are in the new areas around aurora.

One thing I absolutely hate is the slow mo kill cam. It triggers at the worse possible moments. At least in 2 it only triggered when you killed the last enemy near by.

I really enjoy 3. I like the story, I like most of the game play. But I do have to agree it was quite a bit to short, even taking time to do all the side quests and hunt around for collectables. I hope the DLC's make up the difference without costing to much

Slow mo kill cam? That thing triggers for me and half the time the mob doesn't die.

I liked it, could of been longer tho.

I can't decide which i like better tho.

// Fable 2 was better story and quests.

// Fable 3 has better game play.

Hard to decide, ill just call both even -_-

I don't know about the game play part. Less spells, less food, less options on the weapons (with the gems and such), no map. Granted the upgrade system on weapons seems pretty cool but it just isn't enough for me.

It seems like Fable 3 was a testing ground for things that lionshead wants to do with future games.

The main thing I hate in Fable 3 is the expressions. Unlike Fable 2 where you could use the wheel to choose from a range of them, here you only have a maximum of 4 at a time! I go up to some guy to greet him in a kingly good way and all I could do was Dance, Belch or Threaten. I chose Dance but i would have preffered something more subtle

Got to say that I agree with you, I felt let down by this game, Seemed alot shorter than 2 with much less side quests to participate in and everytime I opened a silver chest I was expecting something great and got sod all, demon doors gave pretty crappy rewards too, I still haven't found a really great weapon, expressions wheel was truly missed, shop stock was found lacking and they should have added minibosses like the 2nd, also felt they should have brought back the aging from 1, am about to start second playthrough, definately feel that its not worth the £40 i paid for it.

For this genre I have to say Dragon Age is winning for me, roll on DA2

The main thing I hate in Fable 3 is the expressions. Unlike Fable 2 where you could use the wheel to choose from a range of them, here you only have a maximum of 4 at a time! I go up to some guy to greet him in a kingly good way and all I could do was Dance, Belch or Threaten. I chose Dance but i would have preffered something more subtle

I fully agree with you there, everything just feels like half a game doesn't it?

I actually thought the plot was significantly better in Fable 3 than Fable 2. I like the battle system better too, except for the goddamned slow-motion kill camera that pops up in the middle of fights and fucks up your rhythm. Most of the sidequests seem way less interesting, though, and even though I thought the expression wheel in Fable 2 was tedious, having only two options is just fucking stupid. It's annoying that you can unlock plenty of expressions but you can't actually choose to use them.

Now that the glitches are worked out and I am not cursing the name of molyneux with every breath I am able to enjoy this game. It does seem like they took a step backwards. Some of the things in Fable II that weren't broken were removed in this game (they have already been mentioned so no point in me typing them again). I wonder why? Budget, time, space? Anyways, overall, since I am not done with the game I can't give it a full work over, but I like it and appreciate it and am having fun with it and am amused by it like I have been with every other fable game. In other words, it's getting the job done.

Tough call for me. They really dumbed Fable 3 down. Everything was preselected for you, no individual experience points it was all combined into one, very little impact on you choices right up until your crowned, then not much again after that, a very few selectable emotes, and pattycake... seriously?!? I play one game of pattycake with you, hug you and all of a sudden you want to marry me?!? okie dokie then.

Besides all that stuff they randomly took out of the game, they still didn't fix pressing issues that were apparent in Fable II. For example, the FUCKING DOG's PATHFINDING. In Sandsomething Temple where you get the massive diamond, my dog woofed for a dig spot then ran around in a circle, splashing into water then getting out and running around and splashing into water then getting out etc etc. He didn't stop until I moved away from the area.

He was infinitely going around in circles. And sometimes he barks for invisible treasure too, like the one in Silverpines.

Besides all that stuff they randomly took out of the game, they still didn't fix pressing issues that were apparent in Fable II. For example, the FUCKING DOG's PATHFINDING. In Sandsomething Temple where you get the massive diamond, my dog woofed for a dig spot then ran around in a circle, splashing into water then getting out and running around and splashing into water then getting out etc etc. He didn't stop until I moved away from the area.

He was infinitely going around in circles. And sometimes he barks for invisible treasure too, like the one in Silverpines.

I totally agree... I was afraid my dog was the retarded runt of the litter or something... good to hear that he is not alone! Although it is totally depressing that a game such as Fable should be having these issues...