Real date of birth!

Evil Demon55

Ok, well I am going to be recreating a new xbox live gamertag. I am going to use my real birthday this time as well, but if I am to use my real date of birth, what does it do to my account?

--Also, if I use a fake date of birth would that jeaprodise my account or what? I want to the real date, but 2 years without being able to edit bio would piss me off....

Any thoughts/help on this topic please.

Well I am 16, and by being 16, I cannot edit and info for my xbox account and I cannot watch any game previews that are rated M/R... so I get really screwed over. I can edit my account, but then I would have to enter and adults account info everytime I wanted to edit my info... which is a bother. I could lie and put my b-day year at 1990 and I would not need to enter adult info and I would be able to watch these game previews...

So that is why someone would enter false birthday info... but would that be bad to do, if I am to enter false birthday info.

For Evil Demon55, I had it under my mom's account and when I switched from using her email info to log onto xbox.com, the information transfered along with me saying I was still about 40 or something... but could I just enter my brothers b-day info or would I get banned from Xbox for this?

• 2 weeks later...

but then you are screwed if something happens to your XBL account and you need proof of ID it isnt going to have your "fake" age is it unless you sign it including the E-Mail address to your brothers name and details. Then just use his ID problem solved :p

Technically for a few reasons you shouldn't lie about your age. I've had a child account for the last 5 years (since XBL started) and it's really not that big of a deal (at least to me). Then, when I turned 18 in Feb I upgraded and felt cool...lol yea I know it sounds weird lol. It was kind of like one of those coming of age moments. XD

but then you are screwed if something happens to your XBL account and you need proof of ID it isnt going to have your "fake" age is it unless you sign it including the E-Mail address to your brothers name and details. Then just use his ID problem solved :p
Good point. I would just use your real date of birth just to be safe incase something does happen and you have to answer a few security questions. Plus you can always watch M/R rated game trailers and stuff on the internet, where you can easily lie about your age without any repercussions. And with the help of the news section on this site you won't have to go far to find the links to those trailers.

You should be.... we're watching you

Lol, this made me laugh too. Nice first post man.

Technically for a few reasons you shouldn't lie about your age. I've had a child account for the last 5 years (since XBL started) and it's really not that big of a deal (at least to me). Then, when I turned 18 in Feb I upgraded and felt cool...lol yea I know it sounds weird lol. It was kind of like one of those coming of age moments. XD

Same as me. Funny I can't remember ever upgrading from a child account to my own account. It might be because I had xbox live on the original xbox when I was 17 and there wasn't really much of an xbox live GUI then:

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2002/02/04/everything_there_is_to_know_about_the_xbox/interface1.jpg

So I wasn't being restricted from any M/R Rated videos and demos because...there were none, lol. (anyone remember those good old days, lol), and when the xbox 360 came out, with the new dash, and I migrated my account I was 18 so it automatically gave me access to all the content. Thats the only reason I can think of what happened to me because I can't really remember upgrading when I turned 18.

Edited by weesplash

• 1 month later...

If you're a child account in the parental settings there should be options to allow M rated content. Anyways, when I first signed up I also used fake DOB and although I've changed it to the real thing by changing emails, the DOB as registered information remains unchanged (as does country).

I'd advise against using fake information altogether, but if you're going to, make sure to write down all the BS info you need should your account get hijacked.

So you cannot download stuff from the marketplace on the internet, but you can on the xbox right?

Also, can you play M games? or does some BS setting come on? Like can you play GTA IV and Gears?

Late post, but still little curious. I do not want to waste space by making anothe thread.

Right, you can't download stuff from the internet but you can download everything on the xbox.

You can still play M games but just go into system settings (or the other settings, I forget which one and what the other one is called) and then just change all the privacy information to open so you know you aren't restricted on anything.