PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > The Wolf Among Us > Episode 3: A Crooked Mile
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #1
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Book of Fables guide

If you're missing any of the entries, check this and you should be fine. There will be a lot of rewinding though, or exit and choose to continue your game after you make a choice you do not like. All the other entries will be unlocked during the story.

If you want to get everything right the first time around and exit and reload a couple times only, you can read this "guide" before playing but understand that it is FULL OF SPOILERS.

1) Do not stop Snow's eulogy. Let her speak by choosing A and use that time to check the Troll altar on the left to unlock Vivian's entry by reading her card. Do it fast because as soon as Snow is finished, the story will move on, removing you from the altar forcibly.

2) Visit Crane's place first by clicking Y at the end of Part 3 when Bigby has to choose where to look for the witch. Enter the flat, go to the left room, his office, and check the Headless Horsman's statue on Crane's desk for the related entry.

3) Now go to the Tweedles office. Tell Flycatcher the truth about what the brothers did. When he understands he's been wrong about them, he'll show you the basement door. Open it with the key hidden in the cigar box. Downstairs, BE NICE to him and tell him to ask Snow for a job, or any choice that gets him a job, to unlock his entry.

4) Choose to burn the tree at Auntie Greenleaf's apartment in Part 5 to unlock the related entry. Take Snow's side to get the option to burn the tree. If you refuse to side with Snow once, you will still get a second chance to revise your judgment and burn the tree.

5) If you're missing the Glamour Tube entry, reload and choose NOT to burn the tree in Greenleaf's apartment.

That's all you should be missing Thanks to Xtabay and Ravenhood.

Also, please remember that you do not have to replay everything. When rewinding, you can just choose another save file, remake your choices going BACKWARDS, then when you have your achievement reload your clean save and voilà, your Book of Fables entries will still all be there since they're saved automatically and you'll be ready for the next Episode.

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-12-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Asturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #2
xbox malex

lx MALEX xl's Gamercard
I'm missing the one between the tree and ring.
xbox malex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #3
Ravenhood

Revid Cargian's Gamercard
I'm playing this episode right now, I'll update if this is an accurate guide to follow. I'm likely not going to be a dick to Greenleaf, but I'll rewind and try that part to see if the achievement unlocks then.

EDIT: Okay, so, much harder not to be horrible to Greenleaf than I thought. Really not a big fan of her. And I'm in the midst of altering my choice to burn the tree in another file. But, Asturgis, are you sure you meant 'you just can't side with Snow'? Because siding with her is how you burn the tree. So long as you burn it, you unlock the entry.

Also, in order to get Flycatcher, you simply need to offer him the job. How you do so isn't necessarily important, as I only told him that Bluebeard lied about Bigby having sent him to investigate.

Retail: 37

Arcade: 66

Currently 21st for Most Completed Arcade Games
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st to complete 3 Retail, 5 XBLA, 1 DLC - 2nd to complete 2 Retail, 2 XBLA, 4 DLC
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Ravenhood; 04-11-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Ravenhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Xtabay

Xtabay's Gamercard
You won't get all the books by following the guide; the part about Greenleaf's apartment is a bit wrong. It doesn't matter whether you side with Snow or not, there are just two options that make a difference:
1. Burn the tree, gives you the Glamour Tree entry
2. Refuse to burn it, gives you the Glamour Tube entry

So the Glamour Tube is what Malex is missing. You'll have to rewind to get it.
Xtabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:09 AM   #5
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 5   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabay View Post
You won't get all the books by following the guide; the part about Greenleaf's apartment is a bit wrong. It doesn't matter whether you side with Snow or not, there are just two options that make a difference:
1. Burn the tree, gives you the Glamour Tree entry
2. Refuse to burn it, gives you the Glamour Tube entry

So the Glamour Tube is what Malex is missing. You'll have to rewind to get it.
It's not wrong, it matters if you side with Snow since you have to agree with her to burn the tree.

IMO, the Glamour Tube entry just comes from picking it on the desk and revealing Greenleaf during the story, but I may be wrong, I couldn't check if every entry unlocked exactly after which choice 3 playthroughs in a row… I did it twice as best as I could. I'll add a sentence in my post in case people are missing this entry too and it really comes from not burning the tree.

@Ravenhood: yes, thank you, I wrote "can't" instead of "can" Maybe choosing something else than asking Snow also gives a job to Flycatcher, I don't know. Again, I couldn't possibly try every combination, I'm just providing one way. That doesn't mean it's the only one, though

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-12-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Xtabay

Xtabay's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asturgis View Post
IMO, the Glamour Tube entry just comes from picking it on the desk and revealing Greenleaf during the story, but I may be wrong, I couldn't check if every entry unlocked exactly after which choice 3 playthroughs in a row… I did it twice as best as I could. I'll add a sentence in my post in case people are missing this entry too and it really comes from not burning the tree.
You can't actually progress in the story without picking it up from the desk and revealing Greenleaf... So it doesn't make sense for people to be missing that entry, if it came automatically with the story, right?

I played through that sequence three times, and the only way to get the Glamour Tube entry is to NOT burn the tree. That's the key to it.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

It was already changed and you've been thanked and credited before your last post. Not sure what else I can do
Old 04-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #8
Xtabay

Xtabay's Gamercard
Oh, didn't actually notice you edited... It's all good, I wasn't looking to be credited but thanks nonetheless Just trying to save people some time with that part, got bored myself trying to repeat that Greenleaf chapter & not really knowing what I was missing there...
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

I understand, I was just trying to provide a sure way to unlock every entry and it doesn't seem like it, but testing every combo until you get a logical trend, like agreeing with someone for an entire conversation to get a choice at the end, and checking when the entry unlocks exactly takes a long time. Proof is I did it twice paying real attention and still missed one

Plus, it's not necessary to find every possible path, just one that works, so when I saw telling Flycatcher to ask Snow for a job worked, I didn't reload to try the other 3 possibilities, you know? I just wrote that one.

It's a quick and easy game, I just did this pseudo """guide""" because it's likely that no one will make a real achievement guide and roadmap I know it's nowhere near perfect, but it really doesn't need to be.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:57 PM   #10
Knaussenheimer

Knaussenheimer's Gamercard
I have played through this once and am missing three, so just so I'm clear:
the first missable entry is at the beginning when you have to choose whether or not to let Snow finish talking, the next are that you get two out of three (flycatcher, trip trap, headless horseman) unless you do not choose the trip trap in which case it will force you there after the other two, and the last is the glamour tube (do not burn tree) and glamour tree (do burn tree).

Last edited by Knaussenheimer; 04-14-2014 at 03:25 AM.
Knaussenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #11
DarkFireReaper

DarkFireReaper's Gamercard
Pretty simple, just confirmed myself. Burn the tree, get the tree book, don't burn it, get the glamour book.
DarkFireReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:58 AM   #12
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for this. I got everyone except the not burning the tree one. This made it easy to know which one I was missing.
Next Up: The Wolf Among Us (X1)

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #13
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

You're welcome Thai J I honestly don't see how I can make it clearer. If I say "Burn the tree to get the related entry", it means the entry related to the tree. It's called an antecedent. I know this isn't my first language, but come on…

I wrote, and I quote :

1) "Check the Troll altar to unlock Vivian's entry".
2) "Check the Horseman's statue for the related entry".
3) "Tell Flycatcher to ask Snow for a job to unlock his entry."
4) "Burn the tree for the related entry".
5) "Do not burn the tree to unlock the Glamour Tube".

How is any of this confusing ???

(Breathe…) (Breathe…) (Breathe…)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:35 AM   #14
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Total Awards: 37 (more» ...)
I followed this and it worked great for me with no issues. Thanks Asturgis!
Old 04-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #15
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thank you for this---got em'all again.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:37 PM   #16
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

You are all super welcomed. No need to thank me for such a small guide

@SIMPLYMIDGET: I see you're at 159 completed games. I just reached 152 Congrats, man!

@Skorpion XBA: always a pleasure bro Off-topic, I see your team is called "Black Mesa", is it because you're from Arizona? If so, my best friend too, he used to be in Casa Grande but he's back in Mesa now. I could introduce you, he's a good player. Cheers.

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-15-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:46 AM   #17
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal
Quote:
You are all super welcomed. No need to thank me for such a small guide

@SIMPLYMIDGET: I see you're at 159 completed games. I just reached 152 Congrats, man!

@Skorpion XBA: always a pleasure bro Off-topic, I see your team is called "Black Mesa", is it because you're from Arizona? If so, my best friend too, he used to be in Casa Grande but he's back in Mesa now. I could introduce you, he's a good player. Cheers.
Lol, not quite. We had to choose a fictional place from a game to represent in the VGO. Half-Life just happens to take place in Black Mesa. I actually reside in VA.

I believe a "thank you" is appropriate. The guide may be small, but it saved me loads of headaches and frustration.

On a minor note: I have 242 completions.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #18
kushlash23

kushlash07's Gamercard
I appreciate your work on this, even if it is a small guide. I hope to run through it this weekend...if the newborn agrees
kushlash23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #19
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

@kushlash23: congrats on the newborn, man. I'm pretty sure he will definitely NOT agree to let you play in peace LOL But it doesn't require much attention anyway, except the last 5 minutes which have a lot of button pushing.

@Skorpion XBA: I am very ashamed I am 36, I have played pretty much every J-RPG ever made, which took most of my time pre-360, and I have hence missed a few masterpieces like the Half-Life series. I know it's supposed to be spectacular, sadly, I have never played it As for your gamerscore, you're just a machine I would be pleased if you added me here and on Live Maybe we can help each other down the line.

Are you guys FABLES fans? Or comic-books fans? For a french, I have always been in love with american pop culture and have been reading at least 20 titles every month for the past 24 years, including FABLES and FAIREST, which I highly recommend. It's a new FABLES spin-off starring all the girls from the series in their own adventures. Gorgeous. As good as Scalped, Northlanders or American Vampire.

Thank you all for your kind words. It's weird, I have written a lot of guides here, and it is the first time I see people this polite. Makes me believe in this community again.

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-16-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:35 PM   #20
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
@Skorpion XBA: I am very ashamed I am 36, I have played pretty much every J-RPG ever made, which took most of my time pre-360, and I have hence missed a few masterpieces like the Half-Life series. I know it's supposed to be spectacular, sadly, I have never played it As for your gamerscore, you're just a machine I would be pleased if you added me here and on Live Maybe we can help each other down the line.
I've only barely played the game and it was so long ago that I don't really remember it. :/

I'm a machine with my GS? LOL I'm only a few hundred points behind you so what does that say about you?

Quote:
Thank you all for your kind words. It's weird, I have written a lot of guides here, and it is the first time I see people this polite. Makes me believe in this community again.
I've had mostly good experiences on the site. Maybe you've just ran into the wrong people?

Last edited by Skorpion XBA; 04-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #21
Bofur

Bofur22's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I told Flycatcher to ask Snow for a job and I didn't unlock his entry.
Bofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 AM   #22
Thai J

Thai J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion XBA View Post
I've had mostly good experiences on the site. Maybe you've just ran into the wrong people?
I agree. The users in these forums are normally very helpful and polite. There for a while there were a few bad apples that acted as if they owned the site and treated people rudely but lately I see very little of that.
Next Up: The Wolf Among Us (X1)

GT: Thai J
PSN: Thai1226
Thai J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #23
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Thanks for this. One playthrough no hassle
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:02 AM   #24
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bofur View Post
I told Flycatcher to ask Snow for a job and I didn't unlock his entry.
Did you do as I wrote and helped him understand who the Tweedles really were? Did he seem more helpful after understanding they're thugs? Stopped harassing you with his "They're really good guys" crap? Did you treat him properly or were you an ass to him? If you're nice to him, explain things to him and offer him a job, he should say something like "Wow, really? I don't know what to say… Thank you, Bigsby." Or something like that. It should unlock properly if you do that.

As far as bad apples go, I don't want to start an off-topic debate.

@Skorpion XBA, it wasn't because of your gamerscore that you're a machine, it's your completion rate! Very impressive.

If all of you guys haven't read FABLES or tried FAIREST, you really should. Excellent comics. Plus, you get to see if Bigsby gets to finally score with Snow, or not (Is it just me or did Telltale Games make her really hot in this series? Even more than "Beauty", actually lol).

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-17-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #25
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
actually you need to NOT offer flycatcher a job. when you're talking to him, say "not my problem" then you leave the office without going to the basement and you get the book.

that's how i got it anyway. i never went to any basement and NOT offer him a job

This is the guide i used
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/201...ions-guide.htm

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 177
Xbox One 1000/1000: 13

Last edited by Daniel55645; 04-19-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:42 PM   #26
Asturgis
Gundam Meister

Asturgis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
actually you need to NOT offer flycatcher a job. when you're talking to him, say "not my problem" then you leave the office without going to the basement and you get the book.

that's how i got it anyway. i never went to any basement and NOT offer him a job
It is not true, man.

I got it 3 times on 3 different runs by telling him to ask Snow for a job AND by having Bigsby promise him one himself. Took me 2 days of replaying this entire thing and taking notes. I know it works. Others agree. Maybe your method worked as well for you because of an unknown factor, like not going to the office first but second, or because you play Bigsby as an ass all the time and previous choices impact this one and as long as you're coherent in his personality you're fine, but this is NOT the most reliable way to do it.

I say it again. You have to be nice to him, make him understand who the Tweedles really are, thugs, and when he realizes he will help you find a secret passage in the office going down with the key from the Cigar Box. There, have Snow offer him a job. If you're an ass to him before, don't make him realize you're the good guys, maybe it doesn't work. I'm not Telltale Games. I do not know every combo. But I know for a fact this one works.

Gamesblogger is one of the worst resources on the Internet for accurate intel. All they care about is money and traffic for their ads, so they make information up, often before release, or post blank pages with just a title to get traffic first and rank-up in Google when you type in "Game + Guide". They even make articles with no content or broken links with popular titles or images just to get visits, like "Want to find out if Final Fantasy VII is being remade for Xbox and PS3? Click HERE!" You're actually clicking on a stolen image from Deviantart, and you arrive on a page with 10 ads, 2 pop-ups and 2 poor lines of text saying "It's very unlikely.", which everyone knows. They're the gutter of gaming websites.

Do not get me wrong, I thank you for your input, but if you didn't open the secret passage, you missed a part of the story and haven't fully explored this Chapter.

Last edited by Asturgis; 04-22-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #27
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Works perfect for me. I was missing two, the glamour tree and the horseman statue.
Last Achievement : 100 Times Too Many - Alien Isolation (Xbox One) - 5g
Last 100% Completion : Alien Isolation (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:15 AM   #28
PHub07

PHub07's Gamercard
Yeah just doing this now and its pretty confusing because I just had the same thing happen as the guy above me except I was nice to him. We never even started talking about the Dee brothers. I simply left the building automatically while being as nice as I could be....the entry popped on the way out though.

Its weird no one else mentions this in the guide. Back when I played this the first time on 360. I do recall going into the basement but I think its because I went there first. This time when following the guide I went to the office 2nd....it acted like I had no time and made me leave.....