Great game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First game i got for the 360 on release date, I got it off play and it came like a week before the console did :(

Really loved the game, the brutality was almost shocking, though after witnessing the sound and the sheer pain of smashing somebody in the face with a pipe, I find combat in a lot of other games inferior after playing the condemned series. Its worth the purchase alone just to experience hitting some drunk and killing him with a locker door lol.

I need to reget this game and finish up the achievements.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I played the second installment first, one of my top games ever, very original and creepy. This prompted me to buy the original one, didn't quite get into it as much as the 2nd. But I will re-purchase it and try it again.

Anyone that hasn't bought the 2nd one I'd go for it. Such an awesome game!

It seems "scary" is a term that is viewed differently by many people. Still... it's not a feel-good game - and definitely NOT for kids!

If you really want to get the BEST effect from this game... you need to have a fairly big TV (36 inches or larger, and it needs to be HD - SD don't cut it), a dark room while playing (and at night) - AND be playing alone (no friends, family or pets around to make you feel cozy)... and if you have it: A digital surround sound system (or headphones, to help isolate you from the world around you). Also... no chatting with your buddies on XBOX LIVE: you go it alone!

The game will play much better if played like I mentioned. I actually played the game with my Ethernet cable unplugged, so as not to get pop-ups from friends (appearing online, chat/game invites, etc.). You can set your status to "Busy" instead, but that will block achievement pop-ups as well!

I recommend "Condemned 2: Bloodshot" as well. The story is really good, but the only thing "new" they didn't need to add was the "alert" when enemies are near (your health meter lights up). I personally think they should patch C2:B with a "fear-mode" setting, where the enemy alert does NOT happen, so it will feel like it did when playing the first game! The health meter doesn't need to show, unless you are taking damage - and by that time... the "surprise" has already happened!!

Anyway... play in the dark, play alone, and have surround sound or headphones... and you'll get the most out of it! :eek:

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I want to know which is better, the first one or the 2nd?

The 2nd one improved on the gameplay mechanics but I say, that the first one is overall the way better game: Better story, better atmosphere, scarier. I got both in a double pack but if you want to get only one of them, go with the first one. Hard to state why I think the story of the 2nd one did suck without spoiler.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For me the second one is much harder mostly due to the advances in control schemes by that time. The first one kept it relatively simple so I was able to block and attack well, and sidestepping attacks was also much easier. The second one added a lot to the options but is giving me fits since I can't seem to time the blocks properly and backing up no longer gets you out of range fast enough to avoid damage. As an old school FPSer I miss circle-strafe! ;)