Oh f*** you game!

so, trying for the a-rank, romp through chris's section, and get to the final boss! Yay!. cutsene ends, boss traps claire, I aim and fire.

Nothing happens.

I panic, release aim, aim again, fire.

She kills claire in one blow.

I think my thread title sums up my feelings right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds to me like you just missed her...

Tough break dude that's harsh. I remember when I did my A rank, certainly not easy, in fact... It's probably the hardest RE Game of them all.

The worst section by far is the section towards the end where you cannot save through about 3 boss fights and that section with the famous "crushing" platform and;

###SPOILERS### - (It's an old game but still)

Where Steve mutates and chases you! My heart races everytime knowing if I die it's all the way back to the start of Antarctica!!!

Edited by BenWo

• 1 year later...

I love that game, its a classic, one of my favorite Dreamcast game ever, but i would never attempt an A rank, its just unbelievably stupid of an achievement. Sure i would had like to get a 1000 but i settle for 850... I won't waste multiple hours of my life for this when it can get blown away immediately in an instant for a sorry mistake... NO THANKS. lol

I love that game, its a classic, one of my favorite Dreamcast game ever, but i would never attempt an A rank, its just unbelievably stupid of an achievement. Sure i would had like to get a 1000 but i settle for 850... I won't waste multiple hours of my life for this when it can get blown away immediately in an instant for a sorry mistake... NO THANKS. lol

i personally loved getting that achievement, it was hard and i did give up at one point....then i remembered i never really give up and returned to it and beat it. great challenge

I personally avoid/never attempt any achievements that require a "no death" in a playtrough and the one requiring you to finish in a certain ammount of time. Because its too frustrating if you die randomly during a sequence for a stupid mistake or if you finish the game in lets say 4:45mins when the requirement is 4:30...

Not only this game combine all of those, but on top of that no save so got to do all in one go?? and no spray?? Who are you kidding? lol

If you start and 2h in you have to take a shit your fucked... :mad: Well i know you can save in the middle but still...

Nah really... i remember i did Resident Evil Survivor on PS1 back then in one go... it was required to finish the game, and boy i was so hoping to not die, and at the end i was kinda tired of playing it... and it was only 1:30H average time...

Nah, Resident Evil to me has never been about speed runs, never did any in any games, will never did any either, even tough i truly love this franchise(more the old games... lol)

I personally avoid/never attempt any achievements that require a "no death" in a playtrough and the one requiring you to finish in a certain ammount of time. Because its too frustrating if you die randomly during a sequence for a stupid mistake or if you finish the game in lets say 4:45mins when the requirement is 4:30...

Not only this game combine all of those, but on top of that no save so got to do all in one go?? and no spray?? Who are you kidding? lol

If you start and 2h in you have to take a shit your fucked... :mad: Well i know you can save in the middle but still...

Nah really... i remember i did Resident Evil Survivor on PS1 back then in one go... it was required to finish the game, and boy i was so hoping to not die, and at the end i was kinda tired of playing it... and it was only 1:30H average time...

Nah, Resident Evil to me has never been about speed runs, never did any in any games, will never did any either, even tough i truly love this franchise(more the old games... lol)

i can understand where your coming from. i really do like these kind of achievements tho they feel more skill based or atleast require you to know what your doing and when to do it etc. feels better when you pop these ones vs those grindy achievements. grindy achievements to me dont feel like achievements at all especially ones where you know people are just gonna boost through it.

like gow 3 seriously 3.0 achievement. thats just one pure grind of an achievement which most if not everyone has boosted to get. cmon whos gonna play 3000 of every single gametype lol.

harder achievements ftw but each their own. there are so many different kinds of achievement hunters

the weapon master achievement does take skill and perseverance tho if you think about it.

i got every gow3 achievement i have legit. i didnt bother getting seriously 3.0 its not worth wasting hours upon hours to boost it or leave console on overnight so the bots can play the 3000 of each game type lol.

I agree idle boosting was shit...

But the rest, i got most of it legit. Remove the modes medals and you can count one one hand the medals i did had to boost.

I play a lot of GOW, huge fan, and i got over 5000 games of TDM played, 1500 of execution, 700 of Guardian...

I idle boosted yes because i hate wingman and i don't like much KOTH, and despite liking Guardian, Execution, Warzone etc, 3000 games for each was just too insane.

But the rest, at least in term of MP, i had no problems going for it.

And i take anyday a grind over an achievements where i can fail after 4h of play and have to start from scratch... Thats just too frustrating... Games that force you to replay a camaign a gazilion time just end up making you dislike it... wich i would never want CV to happen be one of them.

I play from time to time his game since the early 2000, when i got it on dreamcast, every 5 years or so i have done it once and its fun to come back to it and revisit it. But redoing it time and time again for a stupid achievement would mean for me getting an overdose of it and i would start not liking it as much. Thats what happened for GOW3 and you do know im a huge GOW FAN... and that campaign is awesome... but some chapters i never want to see them again...

Edited by Destro

I agree idle boosting was shit...

But the rest, i got most of it legit. Remove the modes medals and you can count one one hand the medals i did had to boost.

I play a lot of GOW, huge fan, and i got over 5000 games of TDM played, 1500 of execution, 700 of Guardian...

I idle boosted yes because i hate wingman and i don't like much KOTH, and despite liking Guardian, Execution, Warzone etc, 3000 games for each was just too insane.

But the rest, at least in term of MP, i had no problems going for it.

there is also the campaign ones that were a bit stupid as well.

yeah aint no one legitimately playing 3000 of every single gametype it is insane lol.

the nemesis medal as well that was stupid aint no one killing me 5 times in a row lol

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
I remember that when going for A-rank, I got killed twice when using that heavy weight to crush open the crystal ball for the key inside, because I got nervous and couldn't control Claire to move away fast enough. Almost threw my controller at the screen.

That part with the crushing weight is always tense with me. If you are a split second too late you get crushed. Its easy to do, but there is still no room for error.

I am not attempting the A rank. Its harsh as hell, making it mandatory that the player cannot use an ink ribbon and can only have one save during the whole game. Not only do you have that damned Tyrant boss on the aircraft just prior to the mid-game save, but you have Nosferatu, the spider boss, Alexia, Steve monster THEN the final boss which you have to complete in one stretch. Add to that no health sprays. 150G is alot of GS for one achievement...but end of the day its still too much of a nause for me.