How do you switch sides

CASCADEYOUTH

We have to figure a way out. I already have "win all IMC campaign matches" now all I need is militia wins. Or is the achievement not obtainable anymore cause I beat the campaign :p

Well I think the intention is for it to switch you between the two randomly but it's just not working.

I thought it switches you over after every 9 games? (Or after you beat the final mission as one of the squads)

Most people are saying that once you complete the IMC career you are able to pick whichever mission you want but they are always being put on the IMC side.

OT: what scope attachment are you using for the carbine in your videos Maka? Whenever i change mine it looks identical and I can't even tell if it switched it or not.

I thought it switches you over after every 9 games? (Or after you beat the final mission as one of the squads)

Theoretically this should work, but it doesn't. I have seen the stupid screen for "Awesome, you've beat the IMC campaign again!" because I've just tried playing the last mission to see if it switches, but still no luck getting put on the Militia side.

Unless they fix it, I don't understand how campaign matches will continue to go on if no one ever gets put on the Militia side. Has to get fixed sooner or later. Just annoying, because I also have won all the missions on the IMC side, but can't get the other achievement.

ok there is something you get for winning on each of the maps on each side right? is it just an achievement or do you get an unlock like maybe a fourth titan chassy? also where can you see which maps you've gotten victories?

Just an achievements, and you can not see which ones you've won. You need to keep track on your own.

From the bug/fix list on the frontpage:

Players randomly assigned to the IMC or Militia when starting Campaign

When starting the Titanfall Campaign, you’ll be randomly aside to one of the two-opposing forces of Titanfall, either the IMC or the Militia. While this is by design and intentional, to complete the Campaign you must complete all the missions of the Campaign on your assigned side.

You can always join the party of a friend assigned to the opposite side to get a taste of each perspective, however personal Campaign progression is limited to your completing all missions on your game-assigned side.

@rianbattle and Octagon:

The issue isn't everyone's first playthrough of the Campaign (which is random). The issue comes once you've finished both campaigns, and need to go back and get Militia wins that you missed. There is literally no option to choose which side you want to fight as. You can pick a map but the game seems to always put you on IMC no matter what.

Would having someone on their first campaign playthrough invite people guarantee that they'll be put on that team? I'm thinking of having a second account get to the militia side and then inviting people but then there'd be no way to switch to my main account without backing everyone out would there?

I thought about on your first run through of the campaign if your about to lose a mission then quit. Then "continue campaign" and keep doing that till you win the mission. Not sure if it would actually work, but it sounds good in theory.

That would work. I'm not sure about the dropping out part, but I don't think it would matter. I'm pretty sure everyone has to back out individually since there is not party system with a leader who controls everything.

:confused: I've played quite a bit with StayonTarget, and he's pulled me out of games with him several times. If you're in an Xbox Live party, and you invite someone into your game, I'm pretty sure you get the option of just leaving yourself or dragging the whole party with you. Can't confirm as I've never been "leader", but he's dragged me in and out of games several times, and last night when he, Tiger, and me played he was able to leave without dragging me and Tiger out.

Well i managed to get myself on militia finally. I used quickplay and got put on the last militia mission. Finished the match and now every time I replay a mission i'm militia.

Interesting, are you able to select any mission, such as the first mission, and you're automatically on the Militia side?

I don't know if anyone else is getting this, but everytime I select Quickplay is puts me on the last mission, but it did put me on Militia a couple times. I don't think I tried going to mission select after that (only did mission select after doing the last mission as IMC).

Hopefully that works, thanks for the heads up.

Interesting, are you able to select any mission, such as the first mission, and you're automatically on the Militia side?

I don't know if anyone else is getting this, but everytime I select Quickplay is puts me on the last mission, but it did put me on Militia a couple times. I don't think I tried going to mission select after that (only did mission select after doing the last mission as IMC).

Hopefully that works, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I was able to pick any mission as militia, I kept getting low level teammates while the enemy team was all 30+ so I had to keep backing out to try and get wins and I always remained militia. Unfortunatly my game crashed and now it's gone back to imc...

Yeah I was able to pick any mission as militia, I kept getting low level teammates while the enemy team was all 30+ so I had to keep backing out to try and get wins and I always remained militia. Unfortunatly my game crashed and now it's gone back to imc...

I tried what you did and it put me on Militia as well. However, I need to win the first map with Militia and when matchmaking couldn't find me a match it put me into IMC and now all I get is IMC again

i tried for like twenty minutes the other night to get into a game as militia, to no avail. i only had two more maps to win, so i was starting to get pissed about it. luckily my buddy picked up the game last night and he invited me to his first play through of the campaign. thats about the only SURE way you can get on the militia side.

I tried what you did and it put me on Militia as well. However, I need to win the first map with Militia and when matchmaking couldn't find me a match it put me into IMC and now all I get is IMC again

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I was able to get it to work, kind of. If you do quickplay and end up as Militia (which happens rather often for some reason) then every time to try and join it tries to default you to Militia. However, if it doesn't find a full room for you to join, then you end up getting put on IMC and then you have to go back to Quickplay and play another round as militia to get it to work again. I only got it to work once last night, and ended up getting smoked because....

i tried for like twenty minutes the other night to get into a game as militia, to no avail. i only had two more maps to win, so i was starting to get pissed about it. luckily my buddy picked up the game last night and he invited me to his first play through of the campaign. thats about the only SURE way you can get on the militia side.

....the only downfall is that team balancing in campaign is ridiculous. Every time I got on the militia side, I ended up on a team with level 3's, 4's, 7's, while we were going up against teams that looked like: 31, 33, 30, 43, 27, 33 or something similar.

I just don't know how they've botched up this system so badly. Oh well, I'm going to just go for the 50 campaign matches and be done with it. I actually do enjoy the campaign missions (except for the last one since you have to watch the ridiculous cutscene every time) but trying to go for the elite militia pilot is just stupid.

I finally got it today after 4 hours of just choosing quickplay and quitting out if I didn't get The Odyssey or any before it. Drove me crazy. Lost 5/6 times I actually did get to Odyssey as well because of the horrible team balancing. Really badly implemented system, made all the more worse by them tying achievements to it.

One good thing though, not sure if it's been mentioned before, but when you do actually get into a militia game it will cycle through all the campaign missions up to Made Men and keep you as militia.